• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Trailer ... Jets!

Originally posted by Scinto
    They do have a limit, 1000m.
    Where you get that from ?

There is a vid of a guy flying the Jet of 5000 feet from gamecoms or PAX.

Comment

He gets that from Demize and our BF3 faq. I also mention it a few pages back.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        He gets that from Demize and our BF3 faq. I also mention it a few pages back.

Crunch
        Well 5000 feet is over 1500m right ?

Comment

An alpha stage game at Gamescon isn't exactly the same thing as the final version.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
            An alpha stage game at Gamescon isn't exactly the same thing as the final version.
            Good point.

Even so 1000M is pretty damn high.

Comment

Originally posted by menace-uk-
              Good point.

thats the same high ceiling of every battlefield game to date.....except BFBC2. flying a chopper 30 feet a above a fire fright right across the ground is just asking for a quick death and that's all that was shown in the videos hence i asked if the choppers and the jets are going to have separate height restrictions because it sure as hell looks like BFBC2's piss poor ceiling to me for the chopper footage....perhaps it's a method of balancing circle jerking a flag from 500 meters?

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                thats the same high ceiling of every battlefield game to date.....except BFBC2. flying a chopper 30 feet a above a fire fright right across the ground is just asking for a quick death and that's all that was shown in the videos hence i asked if the choppers and the jets are going to have separate height restrictions because it sure as hell looks like BFBC2's piss poor ceiling to me for the chopper footage....perhaps it's a method of balancing circle jerking a flag from 500 meters?
                We shall see.

BF3 has a lot more and a lot better AA than BC 2 So i doubt it will have such a low limit . Plus being limited to such small height would leave you as a sitting duck for Jets.

Hopefully the BETA will be with us soon and we shall find out.

Comment

Originally posted by menace-uk-
                  Good point.

I think that's going to depend on vehicle draw distance. There's no fog of war like there was in BF2. So if the draw distance is really far, imagine if the J10s on wake could see F35s taking off from the carrier from the Chinese airfield.

In BF2, as an inferior plane you could take off and make a b-line for the "clouds" which was at about 500m. Then you could fly on your side and use freelook to peak down and search for planes, then come in for a kill. This will no longer be possible.

Air superiority is going to be an entirely new game.

Comment

Well you bring up a good point.....clouds. Im sure there will be clouds in BF3, we've only scene one map, and its still a little while before release. Thingsstill change, I could think of some pretty good creative uses to add clouds and whatnot to limit the view of acft. Its time to think out of the box! The bf2 drawdistance sucked and was a limitation we are free from, there's plenty of ways to balance the viewbf2 distance than just limiting it.

My stupid phone wont let me edit this so theres spelling errors and such....

Comment

watching the trailer you could tell that air vehicles would have a hard time staying concealed to an extent, perhaps more reliance on dangerous flying, as in flying low

I just hope that some levels make use of those lovely volumetric clouds and we have some weather that means the jets are not visible from everywhere on the map, I hope there are nice realistic sound effects for people being able to hear the jets but otherwise hopefully they don't get insta mowed

Comment

Working...
                      X