Aircraft in the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aircraft in the game.

Meh, wiki is full of BS as far as US military articles.

Comment

B1B Lancer, cheers to tuner111 from the wallpaper thread.

Comment

I don't care about what specific aircraft models they use in the game. What I care about is how much fun and how steep and long a learning curve they have. For example, the choppers in BFBC2 had practically zero learning curve, handled like boats, and were therefore no fun to fly at all as there was no way to actually get really really good with them through pure skill and reflexes. People who do well in the choppers in BFBC2 generally do so through pure strategy which is the chopper equivalent of knowing all the sneaky camping spots and pretty damn boring after a few times.

Give me 100% BF2 flight system and I will be happy. Take BF2 as a guide and improve upon it and I will be even happier.

What is most likely however is that DICE will stick with the nerfed/crippled flight model they implemented into BFBC2.

Comment

BF2 had the best aircraft mechanics I've seen in a non-aircraft simulator game. I absolutely love learning curves.

To all you folks wanting a smaller learning curve: grow a pair, practice, and stfu

also

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
            BF2 had the best aircraft mechanics I've seen in a non-aircraft simulator game. I absolutely love learning curves.

To all you folks wanting a smaller learning curve: grow a pair, practice, and stfu

also

OOOOOHHH YEEEEAHH

Comment

I'm beginning to love that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-

also

learning curves hurt sales.....period......you better believe there will be little to no learning curve for anything in BF3, especially aircraft........we will get the short end of the stick in that department I'm sure.....hell, they still haven't even implemented proper joystick support BFBC2.

Comment

I need to get a joystick yet lol I always just flew jets and choppers in BF2 with my mouse and keyboard. I wasn't that bad but I could tell in dogfights when I was playing against someone with a joystick.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                    Actually I liked the tracer concept but not how it was used in BC2; you couldn't destroy it except with smoke, everyone could equip it and spam it, there was no bullet drop (0 skill needed to aim) and it lasted too long (infinite time even if I'm right). It should have been something hard to plant and if planted on obvious places (plus the fact it was glowing) destroyed immediately with 1-2 bullets.
                    Originally posted by Infernalis
                    My point still stand, it lasted too long.
                    FYI, darts like 45 seconds. i don't think it's THAT long.

Comment

It lasted long because you couldn't destroy them except with magic smoke. I just wanted to say the tracer concept could be good if balanced, which wasn't exactly the case in BC2 especially for choppers but the game was infantry-centric.

Comment

yea i make it a point to take darts off if im ever equipped with smoke and see a friendly vehicle darted.

also 45 sec is not long if you're in a ground based vehicle (esp. if you're an engi), and honestly you shouldn't be piloting unless you have v-smoke selected anyways.

Comment

No what I mean is the tracer wasn't a good concept as it is in BC2, it doesn't specifically include time but many factors that require to be tweaked.

And for chopper it basically forces you to take V-smoke only and forgot about everything else which isn't good. Plus the fact you not always have V-smoke when you have the possibility to take a chopper.

Comment

yea honestly something like smoke or any countermeasures should be available to all instead of making us choose vehicle perks

Comment

yes, i also hope they follow the bf2 example and include smoke and flares in all vehicles

Comment

I'm hoping this thing makes it into the game

Comment

Working...
                                X