How are you upgrading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How are you upgrading?

After many years with the notebook in my sig, I just ordered a new Sager 8170 / Clevo P170HM with the following specs. I'm very excited:

- Display: 17.3" FHD 16:9 "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright LED Glossy Screen w/ 90% NTSC Color Gamut (1920x1080)
    - Dead Pixel Warranty: 30 Day No Dead Pixel Guarantee - Special
    - Processor: -2nd Generation IntelĀ® Core™ i7-2820QM, 2.3-3.4GHz, (32nm, 8MB L3 cache)
    - Thermal Compound: - IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU
    - Graphics Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 485M 2,048MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11 (User Upgradeable)
    - Ram: ~ 16,384MB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (4 SODIMMS)
    - Optical Drive: ~ 6X Blue-Ray Burner/Reader / 8X DVDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
    - Primary Hard Drive: ~ 160GB Intel 320 Series Solid State Drive (SSD Serial-ATA II)
    - Second Hard Drive: ~ 500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT 7200RPM NCQ Hybrid (Serial-ATA II 300 - 32MB Cache)
    - Wireless Network: IntelĀ® Ultimate-N 6300 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module
    - Sound Card: Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included

Comment

Help me out here : http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/sh...79#post2831179

I dont know wich monitor to buy

Comment

Originally posted by muffinmn100
        Crandaddy you'll be fine, probably 60fps on at least medium settings probably high. I bet you the minimu req is probably going to be Intel quad core series or high end core 2 duo and 200 gtx and 4000 series.
        If all the talk about EA wishing to be #1 with BF3 is true, then I think the minimum requirement will be for young people whoā€™s parents bought them a computer a year or two ago, a duel core processer (I think this would be a good percentage of the game buying market for the PC.)
        If they make the minimum a ā€˜quad coreā€ they could possibly eliminate A LOT of people who would be required to upgrade. I would say that maybe 50% of the market would have to save up to get a new computer (are we talking sells in other countries?) That would mean putting off buying the game until latter (and I bet EA would NOT like that.)

Therefore, I am with you on the duel core as the minimum.

As far as video cards, there are soooo many types (different specs) I would not be able to guess the minimum. However, I am sure it will be DX 11 ONLY cards.

Ram? I would guess 6 GB minimum.

Hard Drive spaceā€¦ BF2 is 3.26 GB in the folder and BFBC2 is 8.2 GB in the folder. This is a bad guess; I would say Minimum space would be 15 GB.

In addition, I say it will play on a 32-bit operating system, but recommend a 64-bit one.

Comment

Originally posted by monkton
          After many years with the notebook in my sig, I just ordered a new Sager 8170 / Clevo P170HM with the following specs. I'm very excited:

- Display: 17.3" FHD 16:9 "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright LED Glossy Screen w/ 90% NTSC Color Gamut (1920x1080)
          - Dead Pixel Warranty: 30 Day No Dead Pixel Guarantee - Special
          - Processor: -2nd Generation IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7-2820QM, 2.3-3.4GHz, (32nm, 8MB L3 cache)
          - Thermal Compound: - IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU
          - Graphics Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 485M 2,048MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11 (User Upgradeable)
          - Ram: ~ 16,384MB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (4 SODIMMS)
          - Optical Drive: ~ 6X Blue-Ray Burner/Reader / 8X DVDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
          - Primary Hard Drive: ~ 160GB Intel 320 Series Solid State Drive (SSD Serial-ATA II)
          - Second Hard Drive: ~ 500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT 7200RPM NCQ Hybrid (Serial-ATA II 300 - 32MB Cache)
          - Wireless Network: IntelĀ® Ultimate-N 6300 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module
          - Sound Card: Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included

SWEET !!! :thumbsup:

Comment

I just have to find one that comes in camouflage and figure out how to attach the headphones and mic to it. No more interruptions during gaming to get a drink.
            "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by DunkinSPE

I just have to find one that comes in camouflage and figure out how to attach the headphones and mic to it. No more interruptions during gaming to get a drink.

thats so awesome xD

Comment

I'm planning a core i7 upgrade, with ssd and gpu upgrade. Not sure on the gpu or amount of ram yet.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Probs a graphics card update. The rest is allllll good.

Comment

next gen for both ATI and Nvidia will be out around October, anyone even considering a upgrade specifically for BF3 should wait for those cards to come out so you can get the best bang for your buck with BF3.....myself , it's going to be 3 of the ATI flagship cards in tri fire and 2 more benq xl2410t 120hz monitors for some 120 FPS eyefinity deliciousness........now lets see some track IR support..........

TWL has considered that an unfair advantage and have disallowed it's use in match play..............

Comment

im not going to upgrade anything since i feel my rig should be able to run it ok.
                      q6600 @ 3.0 and gtx460 with 4gb ram should be ok, no?

Comment

Yea, you will probably be able to run medium 60fps

Comment

All you need now is another tube leading to a big bucket to pee in, and you're all set!

Comment

Originally posted by Crandaddy
                            SWEET !!! :thumbsup:
                            Yeah - I'm pretty excited! I'm looking forward to going back and playing some BF2 on this rig.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                              im not going to upgrade anything since i feel my rig should be able to run it ok.
                              q6600 @ 3.0 and gtx460 with 4gb ram should be ok, no?
                              question about that system since i have the same cpu. what would be best/highest video card to pair with a q6600 that would not bottleneck?
                              "Crunch's First Officer"
                              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

When I had the Q6600 the fastest I found, and used, was a GTX 275. Any more and I would think it would bottleneck the graphics card.

Crunch
                                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                                X