Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How are you upgrading?

Originally posted by muffinmn100
    8 Cores is a little overkill. Or are you running virtual cores? Anyway, I plan on building a brand new computer 8gb ram, i7, 6950 biosed to 6970.
    You say its overkill and yet you plan on getting one??? You know what else is overkill, my 12 Gigs of RAM :wee: That is until I turn on my esxi lab, then its barely enough

The i7 is a quad core with hyperthreading, so I suppose four of the them are virtual, if that is what you mean.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yea, if they are virtual then it's not overkill. If you got 8 real cores then thats different.

Comment

what about that six core i7? That thing I hear is a beast

Comment

It better be! 12 total cores all together and the cost matches its beastliness.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Hmm maybe i shall get one of those to future proof

Comment

Im planning for an i7 (or an i5, depending on how my budget looks) and perhaps 6 gigs of DDR3 ram. Havent decided on the graphics card yet though. Im only using an ATI 5570 which is by all means entry level despite saying "1 GB" on the box.

Comment

I don't think most games utilize more than 4 cores if 2.

Comment

What cards are considered best on the market now then? What generation are we in for both ATi and nVidia?

I still have a 4870 and that by all means stands up to the pressure with all the games i have at the moment. Cant imagine needing anything much more powerful.

Comment

Don't the late model intel cards use virtual cores? Also, I just wanna better computer to increase my Epeen. And I find the concept of upgrading and putting together a PC fun. Because I am just that cool/

Comment

I wish I knew what the “Minimum” requirements for BF3 are going to be. (If it has been released already, I missed it.) I was in desperate need of on upgrade, so I did it last month. I have a great fear that I upgraded too early. I bet I will wish I had not once the “recommended” requirements for BF3 are released.

Op system = Win 7 – 64bit
                      Processer = Intel i7 – 920
                      Ram = went from 6 GB to 9 GB (Triple DDR3)
                      Sound = Creative X-Fi
                      Case = had a very small cramped case to a Antec Three Hundred (with 5 fans)
                      Power = went from a 500 watt generic to a Thermaltake 850 watt
                      HD = New WD - 2 TB 7200 rpm with 32MB Cache
                      Video = went from a ATI Radeon HD 4600 to a Gigabyte Nvida Geforce “Super Overclock” GTX560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB

:sniper2:

Comment

Going to get new ram and sound card, everything else should be fine

Comment

Crandaddy you'll be fine, probably 60fps on at least medium settings probably high. I bet you the minimu req is probably going to be Intel quad core series or high end core 2 duo and 200 gtx and 4000 series.

Comment

The PC I built for BC2 will be more than enough to handle BF3

Comment

Just got a new CPU cooler (Corsair A70) and I'm honestly wondering why I didn't buy it earlier! Overclocked my i5 750 to 3.8 GHz (stock is 2.67) and it's still only about 65 degrees C under full load, going to try out playing with it when it has finished stress testing.

Comment

I think Vreki hit the nail on the head on his post:salute:

Comment

Working...
                                X