No announcement yet.

How should Jets and AA be done in BF3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How should Jets and AA be done in BF3?

I think a mix of Desert Combat style AA and BF2 AA would work out well. In DC the missile flew straight, there was no lock on but the missile blew when it got near its target, a proximity explosion. Which caused alot of damage to the jets. Now the jets were slower in DC so it was easier to lead your target so I think adding the lock on capabilities of BF2 and the proximity detonation of DC would work out well, maybe make it so jets have to be hit alot if it got to easy to shoot em down...

Comment

According to wiki, an number of modern AA misilies are actually laser guided, like the starstreak: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starstreak_missile

I think that would be a good solution, balancing could be as simple as adjusting the speed of the missile.

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1
        maybe make it so jets have to be hit alot if it got to easy to shoot em down...
        You have to remembur how much damage a jet can do,I dont think its fair like in bf2 when you can fly around all round on one jet and get 50/0 kdr.

Jets should be very weak but powerfull, leaving survival in one down to pilot skills.

Comment

I feel like a lot of you are playing jets up to be way more powerful than they really work.

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
          I really think that jets should not be able to be stolen and possibly impervious to damage before take off in at least the noncappable mains. You can send a few people to a main base and they can reek havoc on the other team. You gotta bring people back from where the battle should really be at and before you know it you have half the team fighting in the main base so that your jets and assets stay up. If you don't it's a complete slaughter.
          There were many server which didn't allow stealing jets or even choppers.

I'm fine with stealing jets though because there's either one person waiting or the pilot who just got shot down will respawn and take it. The server I played in didn't allow you to attack jets or choppers until they lifted off (unless you're stealing one). Just gotta find a server with the right rules for you.

Where there is a game with vehicles there will be retards who sit and wait for the vehicle. Having to put so much time in them for a medal to get a rank doesn't help either.
          All we have to do is ditch global rankings, but that will never happen.

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
          if one player on your team locks onto an enemy aircraft, other people can get instant lock on?
          You might as well throw the tracer dart in BF3 while you're at it. :R

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
          other tweaks such as to the pilots hud (and the all seeing eye) would help

plane damage as well, don't think it should be one hit kill, (unless say you were on a carrier AA system which would be powerful to discourage base rape etc) but perhaps damage has different impacts, like engine damage slowing you down etc
          I think marking vehicles is fine, something that gives off heat/exhaust/etc. Or if not at least marking friendly vehicles. Mainly to prevent friendly fire. Also, I really hope this 3D spotting does not come over from BC2.

But I think that's a bit drastic for the carrier AA system, because I can often get to close to it while attacking an enemy and then I get rocked because somebody was just sitting on the AA gun dicking around and gets lucky.

Originally posted by Rambo
          You have to remembur how much damage a jet can do,I dont think its fair like in bf2 when you can fly around all round on one jet and get 50/0 kdr.

Jets should be very weak but powerfull, leaving survival in one down to pilot skills.
          They already are pretty weak.

And that is a pretty big exaggeration, unless you're playing on 24/7 Wake servers.

Comment

Duno mate i remembur all the Jet maps the pilots are easily getting 20/0 or more and i could never get into them becuase they were vehicle hogs.

Often i was stuck at the bottom of the food chain as a grunt, with no defence against jets.

Comment

How about if they made it so a jet could only repair itself if it landed, not by flyover? What's more, you could have it so that jets take longer to reload their bombs, I know the game is all about fun but I think that would be one tip of the hat at least to some degree toward reality.

As long as both teams had good pilots in BF2 and your friendly pilots were all about taking out the enemy jets then the game was a lot of fun. Otherwise, it was all ground pounding, jumping out of fully functional vehicles the second you heard the jets was just no fun at all.

Comment

well for that to truly work you need to have jets easy to land. Which could mean airstrips as long as the freaking map or some other way.

Comment

I've been playing bf2 lately on all maps with vehicles, mostly TGB or TBG but can't remember, it's the best bf2 pubbing experience I've had to date. It can still get bad but most of the time it's really good games. People in jets that are good on both teams and everyone does their part. Rarely do you see that many people sitting at aircraft spawns and rarely do aircraft make the game horrible. Now most of the time I play I play with a group of people and you have like hardcor15t, chevymekane, silenthill, kluman and such all flying. This probably has a lot to do with it. Playing bf2 with some of the best pilots all in the air for both teams at the same time makes really good games even on the ground.

It only gets bad when the air talent is on one side and the pilots on the other team are total noobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo

Oh I agree trust me, but it was very easy for me to use the stingers in DC to take jets down, add that with lock on capabilities would be insane.

Or have it so you have the stationary AA like in BF2 and you have a kit version, but the kit version is exactly like it was in DC where they dont lock on, but they are very quick and have a proximity detonation on them.

I think that would balance it out because it would take a certain amount of skill to take down jets and helis but wouldnt be impossible...

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
                      How about if they made it so a jet could only repair itself if it landed, not by flyover? What's more, you could have it so that jets take longer to reload their bombs, I know the game is all about fun but I think that would be one tip of the hat at least to some degree toward reality.

As long as both teams had good pilots in BF2 and your friendly pilots were all about taking out the enemy jets then the game was a lot of fun. Otherwise, it was all ground pounding, jumping out of fully functional vehicles the second you heard the jets was just no fun at all.
                      How about you look at it from the view of instead of nerfing or buffing anything, implementing something new.

That would just ruin flying. Period.

Last thing we need is forcing pilots who can't land to land. Especially on a carrier.

Comment

Isn't the repair for jets already horrible?

Comment

Isn't the repair for jets already horrible?
                          Yeah, it's especially worse for any airstrip on the ground because there's usually a lot of obstacles to dodge and you have to fly slow by it to repair.

Dragon Valley's PLA main base comes to mind...

Comment

I agree repair should not be nurfed.

Comment

I disagree, if landing is too difficult then they need to look at that instead.

Comment

lol I agree also pilots should be skilled enough to land or dont fly.

Comment

Working...
                                X