Mod tools not looking so good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod tools not looking so good.

Looks like the early game informer reports are saying no mod tools at release because they would rather spend there time elsewhere and are too complex.
    "We will not deliver mod tools in the same way that we delivered them for Battlefield 2"

Sounds like ******** to me, the modders in the community are more than capable of figuring out the mod tools the bf2 modset wasn't the easiest thing in the world either. Yet people still found a way to use them. Why don't you give us the complicated mod tools and let people find out. The spend time elsewhere excuse is lame because mod tools make the game last way longer. Without mods bf2 might be almost dead by now.:evil:

Re: Mod tools not looking so good.

Devs think they're hot **** and are far more knowledgeable than "commoners".

Comment

But if they release the mod tools no one will buys Call of du.. I mean battlefields DLC!!!!!!!!!!! $_$

Comment

Raise your hand if you think DICE will actually change their mind about mod tools.

Comment

*thinks about it, then puts hand down again, then puts it back up, and then down, and then up... but then down... then hovers... the just stands up and walks out of the room annoyed and unsure*

Comment

i

Comment

The engine has no standard dev kit and up until just recently it has had no dev console. Tools are custom built for each job and are very complicated, these folks have been in the industry forever and these tools still give them fits. They are open to doing tools after the game ships if they can get enough people and enough time.

Comment

They didn't say an absolute NO to mod tools, it just won't be a priority until after the game released, which you can't really blame them for.

Comment

they had to create a new engine just because work related **** in Frostbite 1.5 etc was so bad (as in a lot of hard work over simple stuff)

I can't blame them if the engine has been created in such a way, I would like something like Battlerecorder first, but Mod Tools would be brilliant yeh

Comment

I wanna see a BF3 PR mod... I swear to god I would jizz my pants.

So I keep my hope alive that they will actually do something about the tools.

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
                      The engine has no standard dev kit and up until just recently it has had no dev console. Tools are custom built for each job and are very complicated, these folks have been in the industry forever and these tools still give them fits. They are open to doing tools after the game ships if they can get enough people and enough time.
                      You think it really changes that much over the course of them working on the game? Maybe the end bit of converting and compiling, other than that it tends to stay the same.

Comment

Is anyone trying to mod bc2 without the tools?..If so that may bring hope lol

I think after DC and POE, Dice may feel threatened that mods can do a better job than them haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo

I think after DC and POE, Dice may feel threatened that mods can do a better job than them haha.
                          Thanks Rambo, exactly. Why do modders need mod tools? They didnt need them before. I dont see why they need them provided by DICE now.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                            Thanks Rambo, exactly. Why do modders need mod tools? They didnt need them before. I dont see why they need them provided by DICE now.

Crunch
                            Excellent point.

Comment

Map editor.

Comment

Working...
                              X