Battlefield pride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield pride

Well Karkand is more open than most BC2 maps but it's clearly not what I want, I want something like a mix between Project Reality's gameplay possibilities and BF fun. If PR didn't became so slow I'll still be playing it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Basil.
      Pride in a video game, lol
      Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Glad to have things in real life to be proud of so I can just have fun playing a game and not worry about my choice of game-play being looked down on by the community. (Putting on the fire suit for the upcoming flame-fest.)

Comment

In some games there's some really overpowered things that can break the fun for all players and it's good that some people take pride in not using them. I remember BF:Vietnam v1.0 I stumbled as Vietcong upon a team full of M60/Law and choppers camping and there was nothing to do except leave the server. In some RTS some units can litterally win the game and there's nothing you can do (company of heroes for ex, where strafing run can annihilate the whole enemy army in a blink of an eye with no skill required), no wonder why they are looked down by the others players.

Comment

Umm.... I'm just not seeing a whole team of players using the CG running through the other side and there being "nothing you can do" to stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
            Umm.... I'm just not seeing a whole team of players using the CG running through the other side and there being "nothing you can do" to stop them.
            yea that would be a squad of medics that cannot be stopped when chain rezzing.

btw i used the M60/LAW kit to death until it was finally nerfed in BF:V. the M60 was useless after the nerfing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
              Yes but the quote was pride in video games, not just BC2, and in others games there's some things far worse than CG.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                Keep thinking that way OP, the only honorable thing you're going to get is a death from Mr. Gustav!
                I think the OP is a bit too involved with his game. "Honor" in a PC game? I don't even know how to express myself here.

Comment

I'm playing Demon's souls right now and on some forums you have a topic about honor every ten topics, things like you should bow to your opponent and duel him 1v1 and not hiding somewhere and backstab him

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                    I'm playing Demon's souls right now and on some forums you have a topic about honor every ten topics, things like you should bow to your opponent and duel him 1v1 and not hiding somewhere and backstab him
                    They used to do that crap in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. They had roleplay servers and everything where they'd sit in in-game bars and organize "duels." Only those *******es almost always said "duals." Those same *******es now say they have "duel-core" CPUs...

Comment

Pride in a video game, lol
                      Some take pride in being a punk ingame, why not have some take pride in not being one?

Comment

Originally posted by Nate79
                        Some take pride in being a punk ingame, why not have some take pride in not being one?
                        I take pride that have a good kid that does school and wants to contribute to the world. I take pride in wife, I take pride in my community, and i take pride in how i turned my life around. I play video games for fun not for pride.

Comment

I take pride that have a good kid that does school and wants to contribute to the world. I take pride in wife, I take pride in my community, and i take pride in how i turned my life around. I play video games for fun not for pride.
                          :thumbsup:

Comment

Goes without saying that any decent person would take pride in those things in real life, but that's not the topic. Since this is a gaming forum, we're discussing carrying a sense of honor into BC2. I've admired that in players since BF1942, who could have won the round by using cheap tactics, but chose not to and earned the win the right way. Unfortunately in BC2 there seem to be more people than in past titles that have no consideration for those whom they play with. Sure, have fun, but do so in a way that doesn't ruin things for the others on the server. Kind of a golden rule type deal I guess. Don't spam nades, don't use rockets against infantry, and if you're pulverizing the other team, switch up your weapon choice to allow them some fun. There was a sense of community and an overall way of playing throughout the Battlefield titles that some players seem completely oblivious to in BC2. Perhaps it's because they didn't play those other titles and didn't experience that community and it's expectations.

Comment

This is elitism.

I totally agree with Basil and he took the words out of my mouth. When I pick up the game I play, I don't expect to be restricted to certain features because others are "Cheap".

I prefer assault weapons which fire bullets, so naturally I like the XM8 a lot. Some people prefer explosives so they will use missile launchers, grenade launchers, C4, hand grenades, etc. Everybody has a playing style and one isn't cheaper than another.

In Call of Duty 4, I used to always play with my "Realistic" setups with the weapon the faction would use, and elitist perks (no martyr or juger). Then I was like, "It's just a game". So I took the stupidest weapon, took some crappy perks and ran around with music blasting and having a ton of fun.

Silly elitists.

Comment

Nate just Have a few rounds were your not letting your pride get in the way. Don't worry about how other people playing the game. not telling you to play there way, just saying don't worry about how they get kills.

Life to short have some fun man because they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X