Why do people run from MCOMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people run from MCOMS?

Ive seen it all day on different servers. Players stare an a flashing mcoms, and simply run away from instead of disarming. Why? The flashing letters mean its been armed. Yep, true story. Next time you play, when an mcom is armed, check your map. Its like an invisible barrier keeps players from getting anywhere near it.

Re: Why do people run from MCOMS?

Well I do know this generation of kids aren't as smart compared to previous generations of kids so that could be it.

Comment

I see this ALL the time in various servers, instead of worrying about disarming they are worried about how many people they can shoot. Pitiful, this mode is about attacking or defending that MCOM, not your KDR.

Comment

My KDR is lower than it should be because I run into MCOMs like a madman.

People eliminating targets in the vicinity of MCOMs doesn't bother me... what does is 1/2 or 3/4 of a team being f*cking RECON.

And it wouldn't even be that bad if they could at least HIT THEIR TARGETS and maintain a POSITIVE RATIO.

Comment

they are simply afraid of getting killed and have no care in the world about losing either.

When that mcom starts flashing i always head that way. It's not hard to chuck some smoke or a nade at the mcom and run in for some kills. The only time it sucks is when there is no building around it or it's laced with c4. If i see my team is already trying to disarm i will provide cover and make sure it gets disarmed.

Comment

I don't know why people run away.
            But last night I hit a strange thing where I couldn't disarm MCOMs for at least a round. The prompt never popped up, and holding E did nothing. Since I was the only one even trying to disarm instead of playing a bastardized version of TDM, we totally lost.

Comment

The sirens scare me.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Its just getting to the point of me not caring for this game anymore. Just make a TDM and be done with it. Teamwork here is almost non existent, and people are only in it for KDR. The stupidity and selfishness of people in this game is at an all time high. Maybe its just pubs. Hopefully i can find light at the end of the tunnel by joining a clan and sticking strictly to match play. I dont know.

Comment

There was a sale at Costco??

Where else am I going to buy Kitkat by boxes??

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
                    Its just getting to the point of me not caring for this game anymore. Just make a TDM and be done with it. Teamwork here is almost non existent, and people are only in it for KDR. The stupidity and selfishness of people in this game is at an all time high. Maybe its just pubs. Hopefully i can find light at the end of the tunnel by joining a clan and sticking strictly to match play. I dont know.
                    Thats Battlefield. Been that way since BF2 and stats. A clan will help a lot, or at least some friends to play with together.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

TAMPA mate,

Don't take it personally, that's just the way Battlefield is.

I remember in BF2142, people stole gunships, rammed, C4 hopped, Jihad, endless profanity, ban for no reason, hackusations.

I think comparing to that, BFBC2 is bit better off, no abhorrent faults.

Comment

Aren.t they supposed to add an infantry only mode with the next patch?

Comment

well..
                          an armed MCOM kinda means there's quite a few people aiming at it, and for those who care about their KDR, they probably just won't go near it for fear of being killed..

Comment

Because its practically a beacon of death.

Comment

Because Mcom are emitting radio waves which can cause brain cancer. The irony is the majority who flee from Mcom are brain dead to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                              X