Why do people run from MCOMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do people run from MCOMS?

That is we also let engineers lay down mines to counter blitzkrieg ATVs and jeeps.

We just need to push back far enough so the enemy team won't have a shot with tank or RPG, at our collapsible MCOM building. Or if they do, we make them pay for it.

Mortar their vehicle's retreating path, then tracer dart it. Back right into mortar.

All that needs to be done on Teamspeak.

Comment

Using smoke grenades makes it somewhat feasible to defuse. What I really love is the huge spike of gunfire as soon as an M-Com is armed.

Comment

its because ppl don't want to die...
        everyone is aiming at the mcom once it's flashing, including tanks/apcs.

Comment

Also, you get 30XP for defusing an M-Com and you get 50XP for killing somebody. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what gets you more points on the long term, even if you get a dumb 100XP victory pin. It might be 200XP, I forget, anyway it's still too little.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
            Ive seen it all day on different servers. Players stare an a flashing mcoms, and simply run away from instead of disarming. Why? The flashing letters mean its been armed. Yep, true story. Next time you play, when an mcom is armed, check your map. Its like an invisible barrier keeps players from getting anywhere near it.
            9/10, when I try to disable an armed M-Com, I die. But when I succeed, I get a paltry 30 points. When an M-Com is armed, there are probably enemy sitting somewhere with all their rockets, machine guns, noob tubes aimed at it which of course means certain death for most who try to disable. I think the points reward for disabling the M-Com are far too low and sometimes I myself will keep away from it if I think I am only going to get murdered as soon as I touch the damn thing.

Comment

You know what works really good guys? When you kill everyone around the MCOM... then you go and defuse it!

Of course if you run all hurr durr right into an MCOM building and spam the defuse button while looking at the floor, you're gonna die.

Comment

Good luck killing all the snipers with their mortars on the mcom. Not to talk about M60 snipers, grenades and tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                  You know what works really good guys? When you kill everyone around the MCOM... then you go and defuse it!

Of course if you run all hurr durr right into an MCOM building and spam the defuse button while looking at the floor, you're gonna die.
                  M-Coms only let you defuse for a certain amount of time. You can't magically kill the 16 player enemy team then disarm the M-Com by yourself. Way to put your point across, very sarcastic and the worst is, it doesn't have a point to it.

Comment

Smoke em before you go, or at least use your mortar as a curtain of smoke in front of the MCOM before running to defuse it.

But once again, this requires a lot of teamwork on the defender side to put up a smokescreen, something that's too much to ask on pubs.

Comment

I see the smoke screen quite a lot. But it doesn't stop me from firing and throwing grenades blindly. Usually I am lucky and get at least one, maybe two.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                        M-Coms only let you defuse for a certain amount of time. You can't magically kill the 16 player enemy team then disarm the M-Com by yourself. Way to put your point across, very sarcastic and the worst is, it doesn't have a point to it.
                        Don't get too mad okay?

Not all of the MCOMs are surrounded by open ground with snipers and medics pointed in your direction... but I play smaller games for the most part and not 32 player spam fests.

Comment

Don't get too mad okay?

Not all of the MCOMs are surrounded by open ground with snipers and medics pointed in your direction... but I play smaller games for the most part and not 32 player spam fests.
                          Even on a 16 player map you will find that the "walls" covering the stations frequently get destroyed.
                          Kyle, Kyle, Kyle.

Comment

Don't get too mad okay?

first 64 players is a spam fest, and now 32? lol. next will be 16 players. what do you want? 1v1? maybe battlefield games aren't for you bud. go play mw2

Comment

I think too many people make poor tactical decisions in the way they attempt to defuse the MCOM when it's hot.

As some have pointed out a lot of it is about knowing what your team is doing. Playing in pubs you learn to look at your minimap and look at where your teammates are positioned. Usually at the start of a round as a defender i can tell within the first minute where the weak point of defense will be and position myself and my squad in position to close the gap if necessary. If the attacking team successfully plants then I work down my list.

1. Enemies within about 5-10 Meters.
                              2. APC's & Tanks
                              3. Rez down teammates if within 5 Meters.
                              4 Pop Smoke/Quick Spot Snipers & Ranged Attackers
                              5. Move to Defuse

Now when i say Move to Defuse that's exactly what i mean. Move and Defuse at the same time. Crouching and remaining still staring at the flashy box tends to get you dead quicker.

Rub up against the MCOM pick the center of it and Pinwheel around that mofo like a madman. It looks like your doing a dizzybat race but it works. You will be amazed at how much harder it is for the opposing team to hit a moving target. Throw in a crouch or two to piss off the snipers and be prepared to jump if you see the grenade indicator pop on your screen.

Takes a little practice but it works. Of course odds are a teammate will get in your way while you do it and you'll inadvertently switch weapons 2-3 times as you run around the MCOM, but at least it's better than bending over and grabbing your ankles.
                              "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

One thing I noticed is that sometimes an ENTIRE DEFENDER'S TEAM run after the blinking MCOM.

Then of course, 4 kills and 3 damage assists with a single well placed grenade.

Then the next MCOM, no one dares to go anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X