• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do people run from MCOMS?

Yea the CG for me is still TF2.

Comment

I'll reply to the author, as I can't be asked to read this whole thing.

A lot of people cover the people defusing the M-Coms. No point defusing the M-Coms if you keep getting killed repeatedly by the same sniper. Somebody needs to take care of the 16 other players trying to end your life prematurely.

M-Coms only need 3 people to defuse (As 2 can be taken out too easily and 3 is just a good number).

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
        I'll reply to the author, as I can't be asked to read this whole thing.

A lot of people cover the people defusing the M-Coms. No point defusing the M-Coms if you keep getting killed repeatedly by the same sniper. Somebody needs to take care of the 16 other players trying to end your life prematurely.

M-Coms only need 3 people to defuse (As 2 can be taken out too easily and 3 is just a good number).
        The problem with that line of thought is that everybody wants to be the one doing the covering, while nobody is doing the actual defusing

Comment

I'm usually the one rushing in to defuse, so I get pissed when I die repeatedly trying to defuse. If the other players aren't going to rush in as well, they should at least cover my *** while I rush in to defuse.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder
            they should at least cover my *** while I rush in to defuse.
            They probably misheard "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ***" in Bible school

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              So you defused it, right?
              i ran away! Just kidding. Of course i defused it

Comment

They probably misheard "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ***" in Bible school
                It is a pretty nice ***, I gotta say.

Comment

The problem with that line of thought is that everybody wants to be the one doing the covering, while nobody is doing the actual defusing
                  Exactly

They might not be stupid, they just don't want to risk getting killed.

I don't know about you guys, but as soon as an M-Com goes up and you're on the attackers team; every gun is pointed at that thing and it's a 30 seconds battle to the death.

Comment

Exactly

I don't know about you guys, but as soon as an M-Com goes up and you're on the attackers team; every gun is pointed at that thing and it's a 30 seconds battle to the death.
                    that's why it's so easy to win on the attacking team. once you get the bomb planted, it's just too easy to prevent it from being defused, even if there is actually a lot of people trying to defuse it. I find that this is mainly because the MCOMs are in buildings that can be fully destroyed. all I have to do shoot a few rockets/grenades at the buildings and now the defenders have no cover whatsoever.

I have 125 wins and 4 losses as attacker, and 9 wins and 79 losses as defender. Rush is too one-sided.

Comment

Exactly

That is why people don't defuse, and I have to say unless it is completely clear I am not going to go on a suicide mission.

Comment

I gotta laugh, people take their KDR that seriously to where they are "scared " to defuse an mcom. Its how you play the game! Do you not roll the dice in Monopoly because there is a chance you could go to jail?:laugh:

Comment

Thing with the MCOMs is, usually it really is certain death. As someone pointed out, usually it will rain mortars non-stop, usually all players from the other team have their eyes on the flashing MCOM with loaded guns and grenades. I don't care much about my KDR. Deciding not to defuse that MCOM has nothing to do with KDR. I just don't like dieing. And I already die too much.

Comment

There is an old saying to this. You never know unless you try. Its sad that the majority of people seem to disregard the MCOM on defenders. I guess thats why there is conquest mode.....

Comment

I usually prevent the enemy from setting the MCOM in the first place.

Also it's a legitimate tactic to purposely let them destroy the MCOM on certain locations so your team can pull back and prepare better. Or you get a gunship for example.

My clan uses the C4 tactic, always let them take the first two MCOMs when their tickets are about 20~30. Then while retreating, butcher the chasing enemies with C4, vehicles, LMGs, gustavs, and snipers. If done properly, it drains about 10 of their ticket and effectively neutralize their RUSH FORWARD adrenaline. Then the defending team push back a little to further drain their tickets. Or we could dig in deeper while they are recovering (respawning) from the first wave of death.

We have 30 seconds to prepare, set down C4, get engineers on hilltops and snipers to recharge mortars.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                                I usually prevent the enemy from setting the MCOM in the first place.

Also it's a legitimate tactic to purposely let them destroy the MCOM on certain locations so your team can pull back and prepare better. Or you get a gunship for example.

My clan uses the C4 tactic, always let them take the first two MCOMs when their tickets are about 20~30. Then while retreating, butcher the chasing enemies with C4, vehicles, LMGs, gustavs, and snipers. If done properly, it drains about 10 of their ticket and effectively neutralize their RUSH FORWARD adrenaline. Then the defending team push back a little to further drain their tickets. Or we could dig in deeper while they are recovering (respawning) from the first wave of death.

We have 30 seconds to prepare, set down C4, get engineers on hilltops and snipers to recharge mortars.
                                This is an excellent tactic! The thing is, clans like yours are few and far between, in pubs anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X