This is BS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is BS...

I hate to say it but you need to turn AA off and deal with it. It would seem a single 8800GTX has no problems out performing both of your cards in some games which puts your system below recommended settings.

Your cards take a huge hit with any AA on also and they don't get much benefit from lowering the resolution. Of course a lower resolution will be better than a high one.

Did you really buy laptop in mid 2009 for BC2?

Comment

I play with AA on 1x And AF 1x. Can you get any lower?
      And my system is defo not below recommended specs because Can You Run It has me near the right, far away from recommended. Or is it all lies?

And of course I did not buy the laptop JUST for BC2. I wanted a laptop, and a good one

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
        I play with AA on 1x And AF 1x. Can you get any lower?
        And my system is defo not below recommended specs because Can You Run It has me near the right, far away from recommended. Or is it all lies?

And of course I did not buy the laptop JUST for BC2. I wanted a laptop, and a good one
        You tried forcing to run in DX9 already, right?

Documents>BFBC2>Settings.ini

DXVersion=Auto

change Auto to 9
        However, reading through this thread it almost sounds like something is very amiss with your entire system. I'm almost willing to suggest you reformat the machine and start fresh without rollbacks or conflicting drivers, etc. But that's a drastic measure.

Comment

Nothing is wrong with his system find me one person with the same cards doing better.

I guess 1x would be disabled. If you haven't yet I would surely force DX9.

You can reformat and start clean with new drivers but I can almost guarantee it's going to do nothing.

I looked at all types of benchmarks for your card when only 1 was being used and I looked at a few benchmarks of them in crossfire. I don't believe they can run this game with good performance (on nice settings)<Edit

I also do not know what type of FPS you are getting on the lower resolutions or what you consider not playable. I've noticed what some people think is smooth and good I consider pathetic and would prefer to set on a corner with a sign that read "Need money for video card" than play a game with that performance.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
            Nothing is wrong with his system find me one person with the same cards doing better.

I guess 1x would be disabled. If you haven't yet I would surely force DX9.

You can reformat and start clean with new drivers but I can almost guarantee it's going to do nothing.

I looked at all types of benchmarks for your card when only 1 was being used and I looked at a few benchmarks of them in crossfire. I don't believe they can run this game with good performance.

I also do not know what type of FPS you are getting on the lower resolutions or what you consider not playable. I've noticed what some people think is smooth and good I consider pathetic and would prefer to set on a corner with a sign that read "Need money for video card" than play a game with that performance.

Hah, trust me man, I'm the same way.

And I'm telling you - it CAN be run with good performance because it runs SP on all High with both things at the bottom on but AA and AF a 1x.

@ Zips - No, I haven't forced DX9 because the game now crashes after a while, however, I will try that right now and report back.
            And yes, even though it is drastic, I am concidering a full system restore.

OK - so I ran forced DX9:

Res 1920x1200 - All High - 32 man server Rush - 20 fps, 5 when lagging.
            Res 1600x1200 - All Low - 32 man Server Rush - 25-30 fps, 10 when lagging
            Res 1920x1200 - All High - 16 man server Rush - 30-35 fps, 15 when lagging

But to understand this "when lagging", it means a lot. Like, I can start lagging for 30 seconds just after spawning at base with nothing around me type lag.

And so on. Forced DX9 does not seem to crash my game, but when I change the graphics settings in-game it does CTD, then black screen when choosing the game from the task bar, the force quit through Task Manager.

At least the Res was not causing lag (as much as when on DX10) - I'm sure if I go lower my fps will go up

Comment

This is honestly going to be normal for your cards. I do believe they should get better performance but in the state the game is ATM this is going to be normal. Hopefully with future video drivers and game tweaking you will get better performance.

What do you get in DX9 and something close to 1024x with aa x1 and low settings?
              Have you messed with the render ahead limit at all? You can try dropping it to 1 or 0.

I would also consider grabbing

It does suck when you pay so much for a laptop and 6 months later you can't play a new game.

Comment

I still think it's an overheating problem. >_>

Comment

Luna, I'll let you know what I get in crapland settings once my internet is back up - I'm piggybacking a neighbour's atm which is painfully slow, so yeh.
                  And I'll try that software out, thanks!

@ Jake: If it is, any suggestions as to make it run more smoothly? I already prop my laptop up on a book to allow air to circulate - should I close more programs to make it think less? idk?

Oh and what does Render Ahead Limit do?

Comment

Luna, I'll let you know what I get in crapland settings once my internet is back up - I'm piggybacking a neighbour's atm which is painfully slow, so yeh.
                    And I'll try that software out, thanks!

@ Jake: If it is, any suggestions as to make it run more smoothly? I already prop my laptop up on a book to allow air to circulate - should I close more programs to make it think less? idk?

Oh and what does Render Ahead Limit do?
                    Render ahead allows your pc to render frames before displaying them lowering it from 2 may increase performance.

Get Real Temp
                    RealTemp is a temperature monitoring program designed for all Intel single Core, dual Core and quad Core processors. Each core on these processors ha

Explains real temp

Run REAL TEMP, click settings check log file change seconds to 1 click apply.
                    Go play BC2 for a few minutes make sure you had the extreme lag you were talking about.

Come back out of BC2 open the log file and scroll down looking for a change in frequency.

Anytime your computer uses throttling it should log it anyways (i think) That is what I gather from the real temp information page.

Comment

Luna - I dled the Launcher program, but when I click Launch BC2 nothing actaully happens, I just get the "This program needs permission to continue" then my cursor goes into a little CD and then nothing happens...

Also, for the RealTemp, do I have to click anything else to make it start logging what's going on?

Edit: got the launcher to work But I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do with RealTemp.

Comment

Luna - I dled the Launcher program, but when I click Launch BC2 nothing actaully happens, I just get the "This program needs permission to continue" then my cursor goes into a little CD and then nothing happens...

Also, for the RealTemp, do I have to click anything else to make it start logging what's going on?

Edit: got the launcher to work But I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do with RealTemp.
                        You have to extract the files into a folder like c:\real temp
                        Run REAL TEMP, click the SETTINGS button put a check mark next to LOG FILE change seconds to 1 click APPLY.

THen go play, when you are done playing come back to the real temp folder and you should have a log file named realtemplog

Open the file with like notepad and look for a change in frequency(MHZ), should be pretty easy to just scroll down looking for a change in the numbers. We are also looking for a major change, say your PC is running at 2533.33 MHz and drops down to 2533.32 MHz wouldn't be major. but 2533.33 MHz to 2400.00 MHz would be major. Basically your pc will keep dropping its frequency so it doesn't burn your CPU up.

Make sure this change in frequency happens when the LOAD% is high and while you are gaming. Many PC's will throttle CPU frequency when the LOAD% is really low to conserve power. Like If I'm sitting back watching a movie on hulu my laptop cpu will throttle itself down to conserve power.

Go ahead and post what type of temps you are getting while playing also

Comment

yep it sounds like throttling.

lower your resolution... 1920x1200 can even overheat desktops.

Comment

Working...
                          X