Snipers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snipers.

If they're annoying and overplayed why'd you play as one?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo
      If they're annoying and overplayed why'd you play as one?
      Because I enjoy it.

Comment

i had been playing BC2 for some time now and there is no "Sniper" class so i don't know what you guys are talking about. however there is a Recon class.......

Comment

Originally posted by (3SA)B|Rec.TAMPA
          As for your troubles with camping snipers, you can

A: Choose recon, and counter snipe.
          B: Be lucky and nab the UAV, MG and hellfire them to death.
          C: Use kill cam wisely and flank to their last known position.
          D: SPOT SPOT SPOT (It amazes me how many people do not spot. Hell you get points for it) This at the least gives you a marker for where they are at while you are under cover. It helps me keep track of the sneakky bastards.
          E: Exit game, and try another server.
          I do this every time I'm sniping sometimes it can be an endless stream of +20 Assist spot points quite gratifying.

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
          Snipers loose to any assault gun 1 v 1 in close range. As long as your strafe, their pistols will eventually run out and they need to reload.
          uhm no they don't.. 4 times on my last game I killed an Assualt guy up close and personal with my unscoped Gol Sniper Magnum.

Comment

use cover, and flank them. When a sniper is scoped...they honestly can't see anything.

On several occasions I have been able to run at snipers almost head on (just a minimal angle) and they never noticed me until they got a nice video feed of me standing over their body.

With time you will find out where all the snipers hang out, and figure out ways to sneak up on them. Fail that, you can figure out where you are safe and where you aren't. I haven't enountered a map yet where I feel i'm totally open and an easy target.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto

uhm no they don't.. 4 times on my last game I killed an Assualt guy up close and personal with my unscoped Gol Sniper Magnum.
              I am talking about the average wannabe, not the hardcore NO SCOPE, QUICK SCOPE, DRAG SHOT sniper!!

On average, snipers don't kill me as much (I play as medic) as vehicles do. I just learn to use cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                Apparently all Recon should be shot on sight.
                That's the best idea I've seen all day.

Comment

I find this works well for me.

In a squad with a medic, assault, and maybe one recon if they spot and communicate where the snipers are...I return address the favor in a bigger package.

And yes the accuracy looks a bit low...well lets just say buildings, outhouses, trees, stumps, rocks, light posts, back of the barn on the second floor where you think i can't get to you....yeah gimme a sec they wont be there long...oh hey team it's a sniper without cover...lol
                  "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by DunkinSPE
                    I find this works well for me.

In a squad with a medic, assault, and maybe one recon if they spot and communicate where the snipers are...I return address the favor in a bigger package.

And yes the accuracy looks a bit low...well lets just say buildings, outhouses, trees, stumps, rocks, light posts, back of the barn on the second floor where you think i can't get to you....yeah gimme a sec they wont be there long...oh hey team it's a sniper without cover...lol
                    The Carl Gustav is my favourite toy. I gladly give up a bit of armour eating to gain the extra versatility. Its not like the RPG can one-shot a tank anyway.
                    I still haven't unlocked the guided launcher, but I expect the CG to be superior except when it comes to fly-swatting.

And it is great for countersniping

Comment

The Carl Gustav is awesome for anti-inf, I played one round of squad deathmatch where all our squad were eqquiped with CG and we were raping everything. Favorite rocket launcher for now, didn't try the AT4 yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X