Snipers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snipers.

I don't care how bad I get flamed. I really don't care what person defends this. Snipers are the worst lamest class in this game. Pathetic. Everyone plays them. I counted them in each game I was in tonight. There was at least 10-12 on my team at one point. I swear to god. They get everything. They get C4 to blow tanks up, they get a pistol that kills in 3-4 shots. They get a sniper rifle where they can camp around the map. I can't shoot an enemy because I get sniped. I watched 3-4 squads of nothing but snipers for a bit even on my own team. Its the dumbest class in this game. It gets a mortar strike as well. This class needs to be nerfed. I am sick of everyone game I play, theres a freaking dozen snipers. Its to the point that on conquest mode at least that no one even hardly plays any class but them, and if you're not playing sniper and camping yourself your getting fired at by them from all over.

The ones that defend this, are the ones that play this class. Let me tell you, it is a skilless class. A retarded guy could sit there in the main base and press the fire button on a unsuspecting person, and you don't even got to kill them one hit puts them at a critical health point, so they will probably die to one of the random bullets being fired and someone else will get the kill. This is enough to make me uninstall this game. I tell you I cannot believe I even bought it considering that DICE hasn't managed to get the score board fixed. How can you not fix a simple score board to display correctly? I mean the words are all jumbled together, and it says "MP_KILLS_DEATHS" and its all jumbled together. How the **** can you not fix that? I mean come on...

Okay now that I am done with my little rant. Discuss and have fun flaming me. Hope you enjoy it because like I said you will be the ones that are sitting in the little towers with your little faggy sniper class.

Re: Snipers.

Learn to stay under cover and not out in the open in front of sniper fire. Then sneak up behind them and knife them. I enjoy that so much.

Comment

I've gotta agree here. This is the only class in BC2 that excels at every single task. They get the rifle for cross-map kills, the pistol (which kills more efficiently than the assault rifles in close range) for up close, mortar strikes for tanks/vehicles/infantry, and motion detectors to top it off.

Several things need to be done here balance wise -

1. The sniper rifle should either not be able to be fired when un-scoped, or the deviation needs to be made so great that it isn't used for that.
      2. Scope sway needs to be added. This would eliminate the cross-map rape and actually add an element of skill to the class.
      3. The mortar strike ought to be a one shot deal - once you use it, it's gone until you respawn.
      4. No pistols. Snipers ought to be vulnerable close range.

You know you've got a problem when half of a team of sixteen spawn as recon. Unfortunately, DICE have their head too far up their collective *** to either realize or give a damn. As it stands I'm fairly certain the same guy was responsible for the development of the recon class, the end round horn, and the jacked up supernova bright and bloomy Russian cockpits. Sad.

Comment

I applaud you for liking House, great show, however I did learn to stay in cover, that doesn't matter. The game is just over populated with snipers. I was playing against 6 people one side, we were essentially 6 vs 6. The other team all were snipers. I left.

I have to agree the horn is annoying. He also probably removed the prone, but I am fine with that because those gay snipers don't need that crap. They got enough brush to hide in. I have watched half recon guys go straight for the edge of the map. There isn't enough fog to prevent people from sniping, and there is way to much bloom. I am probably going to die of brain cancer, or skin cancer from the contact of the over done bloom.

Honestly getting into a tank, or helicopter should remove the bloom, and not make it worse. Realism here tells me that those **** pits are preventive towards things like sun, if there were sun then that'd be understandable. On a dusty map though that is completely clear outside of the **** pit, as well as for the gunner, the helicopter pilots in, and the map immediately turns into a ray of over done bloom, and a pinkish hazy color. It isn't just the helicopters here folks, its those tanks to. The American side isn't as bad, but its still lame.

DICE can you fix the damn score board, how freaking retarded you gotta be to mess that up!

Comment

learn to snipe yourself. haha if you can't beat em, join em.

are you new to BF? there's always been snipers, and they can't even prone anymore so they're not impossible to pick out ya know.

Comment

They are impossible to pick out if they are half away across the map. Sometimes even in the main base. I've lost all the battles against sniper. I find sniper boring. I am not new to BF2, and neither is Immunity. Like I said the class is way over populated. Far to many people play as them, and they are over powered. At close range I shouldn't be losing to a freaking sniper, and my aim doesn't suck. I am a veteran of BF2. I have avery high ranked account with a great K/D ratio both in the helicopter, and on the ground as infantry. Snipers were never this bad, the worst thing there was claymores, and those had a limit to them.

If you want to make them look easy. Then I'll point out that theres also a kill cam. Even knowing exactly where they are doesn't help. Why because you'd have to drive to the main, which is usually full of infantry to begin with. Some of them just sit at a flag thats being defended and snipe. Just admit this and get it over with.

If we gotta deal with this crappy put together game, and the console aspects the least they could do is make it balanced and fair. I have been playing for a good bit before I came here and posted. Every game is no different everyone is a sniper. When the majority of the team is sniper then there is obviously a problem. Sometimes if you get in an APC and rape the snipers for a bit they will all switch to engineer, and use their rockets to blow you up, but most of the time you just get mortared to death.

Comment

+ you gotta admit, sniping in BC2 is really nice. You know, aiming a bit higher and then see your bullet fly into your targets head. I played some 2142 and tried the recon class. It feels so much worse.

Comment

Snipers are annoying, but so are noobtubers, chopperwhores etc.
                So far I have been able to handle them, but some maps may be worse than others.

The thing that annoys me most about the Recon class is that the Ghillie suit makes them all look alike, regardless of what team they are on.
                That is a problem when you are suddenly facing a Recon and don't have time to look for a name, of for that matter decide if the name is over their head or belongs to someone fighting a mile back.
                Apparently all Recon should be shot on sight.

Comment

Choppers can be handled easily. At least I have had no issues taking them down. They are big targets, and most of the time the new anti air vehicle dice implemented will take them down, and in case you are wondering what the new anti air vehicle is, its the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by [GU]LIZARD
                    I don't care how bad I get flamed. I really don't care what person defends this. Snipers are the worst lamest class in this game. Pathetic. Everyone plays them. I counted them in each game I was in tonight. There was at least 10-12 on my team at one point. I swear to god. They get everything. 1. They get C4 to blow tanks up, 2. they get a pistol that kills in 3-4 shots. 3. They get a sniper rifle where they can camp around the map. I can't shoot an enemy because I get sniped. I watched 3-4 squads of nothing but snipers for a bit even on my own team. Its the dumbest class in this game. It gets a mortar strike as well. This class needs to be nerfed. I am sick of everyone game I play, theres a freaking dozen snipers. Its to the point that on conquest mode at least that no one even hardly plays any class but them, and if you're not playing sniper and camping yourself your getting fired at by them from all over.
                    1. Assualt class has access to C4 aswell if you pick a Shotgun instead of your AR.
                    2. Everyone gets the M1911 if you ordered the Limited Edition of the game.
                    3. tbh you can camp around the map with about any gun if you've unlocked the Acog scope, I do it with my M60.

There are good snipers and just those who do it because they think they're good.

Originally posted by Immunity
                    I've gotta agree here. This is the only class in BC2 that excels at every single task. They get the rifle for cross-map kills, the pistol (which kills more efficiently than the assault rifles in close range) for up close, mortar strikes for tanks/vehicles/infantry, and motion detectors to top it off.

Several things need to be done here balance wise -

1. The sniper rifle should either not be able to be fired when un-scoped, or the deviation needs to be made so great that it isn't used for that. Don't see that happening.

2. Scope sway needs to be added. This would eliminate the cross-map rape and actually add an element of skill to the class. - No chance this isnt MW2 and if you add such a thing people will whine about wheres the "Hold your Breath" key.

3. The mortar strike ought to be a one shot deal - once you use it, it's gone until you respawn.Easy to counter that.. fall off the building and respawn except the cooldown will be alot lower this way so your effectivly making it easier for them.

4. No pistols. Snipers ought to be vulnerable close range. That wont happen either

You know you've got a problem when half of a team of sixteen spawn as recon. Unfortunately, DICE have their head too far up their collective *** to either realize or give a damn. As it stands I'm fairly certain the same guy was responsible for the development of the recon class, the end round horn, and the jacked up supernova bright and bloomy Russian cockpits. Sad.
                    Its not hard to kill a sniper as another class, just follow the bullet trail and it gives you a general point of origin.

Comment

Cool... Story..... Bro?

Comment

I outsnipe retardcons with my M16

it seems to be the go to class for noobs or people who don't want their team to win but meh I still murder the little sods

Comment

I have about equal time to play on all the classes, and Recon is just fun to play honestly. Very satisfactory.

I know I'm beating a dead horse... but I still say if they made all the automatic guns a litttttle bit deadlier...

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                            learn to snipe yourself. haha if you can't beat em, join em.

are you new to BF? there's always been snipers, and they can't even prone anymore so they're not impossible to pick out ya know.
                            This!

Comment

^This logic would make everyone a sniper and make for one very boring game. I think they should limit the number of players per team that can choose the class, and that should be true for all classes or at least in some staggered amount equal to the importance of the class. Say: most would be Assault, then engineers then medics and then the fewest would be snipers.

I hate when I join a squad and everyone I choose to spawn on is some lily-liver sniper perched on some far away hill.

The pistols in general for all classes are way overpowered and far too accurate. I doubt any soldier in RL would get a pistol round with in ten feet of a target while under fire from an AR.

Comment

Working...
                              X