This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dice and hitreg

Rambo, it should be obvious why you don't get any rep points.

Comment

I think the biggest problem here is you wanted to argue for the sake of arguing.
      You misinterpreted what people are referring to when they say "hit registration." Hit detection and hit registration mean the same thing to most people. Yet you wanted to argue semantics to make yourself feel better about being smarter than someone on an internet forum. Congratulations...

Whether lag or other issues caused bullets that hit the model, according to what the client sees at least, to not count does not matter. If one person has a ping of 15ms and the other has a ping of 70ms, their shots against each other should still count. When they don't, that's a failure on the developer's part for not taking normal latency into account. They purposely cut off the ability to play on a LAN. All games will be played over the internet. On the internet, there is latency. So the game needs to take that into account and properly sync models with hitboxes in an environment with acceptable levels of latency. Granted, I don't think anything over 100ms is "acceptable." That's one area in which another recent game failed...

If everyone was like you, how many smokers would need to die of lung cancer before someone linked the two? When does anecdotal evidence become evidence? In criminal cases, eyewitness reports can make or break a prosecution or defense.

Lucky for us, you don't run Dice. They've acknowledged that there is a problem with hitboxes not syncing with models or lag causing shots to disappear into the ether of the internet.

We'll see if they fixed the problem or if they need to keep working on it.

Comment

So, besides all that: Have the patch fixed the problems some of you experienced?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          So, besides all that: Have the patch fixed the problems some of you experienced?
          Yes,its way better now, for me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
            I think the biggest problem here is you wanted to argue for the sake of arguing.
            You misinterpreted what people are referring to when they say "hit registration." Hit detection and hit registration mean the same thing to most people. Yet you wanted to argue semantics to make yourself feel better about being smarter than someone on an internet forum. Congratulations...

Whether lag or other issues caused bullets that hit the model, according to what the client sees at least, to not count does not matter. If one person has a ping of 15ms and the other has a ping of 70ms, their shots against each other should still count. When they don't, that's a failure on the developer's part for not taking normal latency into account. They purposely cut off the ability to play on a LAN. All games will be played over the internet. On the internet, there is latency. So the game needs to take that into account and properly sync models with hitboxes in an environment with acceptable levels of latency. Granted, I don't think anything over 100ms is "acceptable." That's one area in which another recent game failed...

If everyone was like you, how many smokers would need to die of lung cancer before someone linked the two? When does anecdotal evidence become evidence? In criminal cases, eyewitness reports can make or break a prosecution or defense.

Lucky for us, you don't run Dice. They've acknowledged that there is a problem with hitboxes not syncing with models or lag causing shots to disappear into the ether of the internet.

We'll see if they fixed the problem or if they need to keep working on it.
            Well said!!!

Hit reg is much better. Played a bunch of games after I patched and was very pleased. Now I eagerly await the FOV fix and all will be good. Yes, I agree the AR rifles should be a little stronger but I'm pleased with what this game has to offer so far.

Comment

I hear the FOV fix will be in the first patch for retail

but yes the beta patch was awesome, much higher fps, much smoother gameplay and better reg

I WANT MY AUG

Comment

Feel free to discuss this in a new thread, perhaps without the childishness.

Comment

Working...
                X