This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dice and hitreg

Is it even possible for Dice to make a game that has good hitreg?I mean,when I first started playing this beta it seemed a lot better than Bf2.Now,the same thing is happening to me.It started off good,now it is becoming increasingly worse.And it's not because I don't know how to aim either.I win all the time.But killing in the game is like pulling teeth.I know it is a beta,but I keep reading that the devs don't know what is going on with the hitreg.So I wonder if we are doomed to have another game that sometimes has good hitreg,but most of the time has bad hitreg.Except for the people that never had a problem with BF2 and think the hitreg in that game is perfect.I am just sick of depending on luck when I shoot at someone.Will it work?Will it not work?Most of the time,even when I win the battle,it is very frustrating.

Re: dice and hitreg

It is strange that some people have serious hitreg problem while other have none. What kind of ping are you getting? And what system are you running on?
    I usually get ping below 80, and dont notice any hitreg problem unless I am face to face with someone and goes full auto. That usually sucks.
    But otherwise it works ok for me. It still takes half a mag to kill someone, but I dont think that is what you are referring too?

My own system is a quad core with dual 4850s on Win7 64

Comment

Yesterday I noticed it was weird, but the server was pretty laggy itself.

The registration is fine I think, it's just the gameplay is a bit off.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
        It is strange that some people have serious hitreg problem while other have none. What kind of ping are you getting? And what system are you running on?
        I usually get ping below 80, and dont notice any hitreg problem unless I am face to face with someone and goes full auto. That usually sucks.
        But otherwise it works ok for me. It still takes half a mag to kill someone, but I dont think that is what you are referring too?

15-50 ping. (15-18 for Chicago servers, 30-50 for anywhere else in the eastern US)
        C2Q@2.8GHz
        4GB RAM
        GTX 280
        Win 7 x64

Hitreg sucks monkey scrotes for me most of the time unless I'm sniping. Even then I'll sometimes get no hit indicator but see a blood splash. Then I get rocketed and see the guy still had 100% health.

Comment

I have no hitreg issues

Comment

Originally posted by Namakan
            I have no hitreg issues
            Did you have reg issues in BF2?

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

I have win764 with quadcore and dual gtx 260core216s.But I am using only one card because sli is not working in this game for me.
            It is a combo of bad hitreg and the insane amount of bullets it takes to kill.It just ruins it for me and if they don't change it,I don't think I can go back to playing another game that requires more luck than skill.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

I have win764 with quadcore and dual gtx 260core216s.But I am using only one card because sli is not working in this game for me.
            It is a combo of bad hitreg and the insane amount of bullets it takes to kill.It just ruins it for me and if they don't change it,I don't think I can go back to playing another game that requires more luck than skill.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrondot
              Is it even possible for Dice to make a game that has good hitreg?I mean,when I first started playing this beta it seemed a lot better than Bf2.Now,the same thing is happening to me.It started off good,now it is becoming increasingly worse.And it's not because I don't know how to aim either.I win all the time.But killing in the game is like pulling teeth.I know it is a beta,but I keep reading that the devs don't know what is going on with the hitreg.So I wonder if we are doomed to have another game that sometimes has good hitreg,but most of the time has bad hitreg.Except for the people that never had a problem with BF2 and think the hitreg in that game is perfect.I am just sick of depending on luck when I shoot at someone.Will it work?Will it not work?Most of the time,even when I win the battle,it is very frustrating.
              I know what you mean. When the beta first came out it wasn't hard getting shots to connect, now I get a lot of dust. TBH, though, I have a feeling it has more to do with a laggy server than bad hitreg. I can still hit targets that are sprinting perpendicular to me with relative consistancy, whereas in BF2 if a target was sprinting I might as well just be shooting into the floor.

So yeah, I'm betting its lag because the reg seems fine other than that.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you. Even when playing in a server with 40 ping, hitreg is BF2 all over again. At first I admit like you, it was good, but now it's become obvious it needs some tweaking.

Comment

Man.....I was seriously about to post the same thing. Thought I was going crazy because like you said, when I first played the beta I had no issues with the hit reg. Now it seems like sometimes all my shots register and other times my bullets seem to disappear into thin air. It's very discouraging.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the hit registration.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                      There is nothing wrong with the hit registration.
                      I hate it when people post things like this. You're calling EVERYONE else liars. Since many of us ARE seeing problems with dust clouds, just like BF2, there IS a problem with hit registration. Even Dice are baffled by it. (I think it has to do with the "Play Now" button. I was in a Chicago server with 15ms ping playing against people from Germany a few nights ago. They hit Play Now instead of dealing with a janky server browser. Play Now is STILL broken after all this time.)

Now, if you had phrased your post differently, you may have retained some credibility. If you said, "With my (system specs here) at (ping here) I am having no problems with hit registration," that would have been somewhat helpful. Well, maybe. But the general thought these days is if an overwhelming majority see an issue, and one person claims they don't, that one person just isn't good enough to notice it. MW2 is a perfect example. Most people who can't see any effects of lag just suck bad enough to really not notice it. They would die anyway.

(Everything in ( ) should be said in a GLaDOS voice, by the way. It makes things much more fun.)

Comment

I just rage quit,but maybe it is because I am drunk.But maybe not....i just unloaded a whole mag on some mother effer and he didnt die.Eff this!
                        Oh,but it's just me.The game is perfect, don't worry about it DIce.I will just go back to playing cards.If I am going to play a game of luck I might as well win some money.

Comment

Please don't use "play now" button ... I'm in Europe and with "play now" I am regularly "sent" over seas to Brazil? Server browser is crappy but can be used ...

This Server browser "thing" is like a trademark for DICE by now

When you see a bad server browser in a game DICE most definitively has something to do with it. Although Mirrors Edge didn't suffer from this problem and only because it was single player game

Comment

I see five possibilities here:

a) you're playing mostly on servers too far away from you (i.e. high ping)

b) you're getting lag on your end

c) problems A and B for the people you're shooting at (i.e. you're playing with low latency and they're playing with high latency)

d) you aren't as good as you think

e) it's DICE's fault with hitreg

Occam's Razor would lead me to believe that the options A and C are most likely and that D is somewhat probable, while E and B are least likely.

I used the "play now" option a few times and ended up on UK servers (I'm west coast US) and had some lag issues and my PC crashed once (heh). So far I haven't had any hitreg issues though.

Comment

Also another observation ... even when playing on same server using history option I noticed that servers are occasionally hit by lag that lasts for minute or two and than all gets normal. Unfortunately there is no ping/lag indication in scores so I cannot confirm this as it maybe my connection but most of other players also notice lag at that moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X