Tips and Tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips and Tricks

I think we could use a thread like this, since the game is very undocumented.

Here is a couple of things from other threads:
    The games Graphics setting is stored in \Documents\BFBC2Beta\settings.ini, by directly modifying you can do some things that is not possible from the GUI.
    The most important part is turning off Bloom (it is what makes you almost go snowblind), and forcing a lower DX version for performance gain, if your system is struggeling.
    Turning off HSAO should also have a significant impact, but you can do that from the GUI

And second, here is a listinig of most of the controls in the game.
    On Foot
    LMB Fire
    RMB Zoom / Deploy C4
    R Reload
    F Throw Grenade
    MMB Melee Attack
    W Walk Forward
    S Walk Backward
    A Strafe Left
    D Strafe R
    SPACE Jump / Parachute
    LSHIFT Sprint
    LCTRL Crouch
    1 Select Pistol
    2 Select Rifle
    3 Select Gadget 1
    4 Select Gadget 2
    5 Select Laser
    0 Next Item
    9 Prev Item
    E Enter / Exit Vehicle
    C Change Camera
    Q Issue Order
    M Map
    J SayAll
    K SayTeam
    L SaySquad
    LALT Push To Talk
    F1 Select Seat 1
    F2 Select Seat 2
    F3 Select Seat 3
    F4 Select Seat 4
    F5 Select Seat 5

Vehicle
    LMB Primary Fire
    W Go Forward
    S Brake / Reverse
    A turn Left
    D Turn right
    UP Aim turret Up
    Down Aim Turret Down
    V Snap View
    RMB Zoom / Vehicle specialization

As Pilot
    Space/LMB Primary Fire
    W Increase Speed
    S Decrease Speed
    UP Pitch Up
    Down Pitch Down
    A Yaw Left
    D Yaw Right
    LEFT Roll Left
    RIGHT Roll Right
    R UAV Ascend
    F UAV Descend
    V Snap View
    LCTRL Free Look
    RMB Vehicle Specialization

Re: Tips and Tricks

agreed! and thanks. +rep
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

You can do various stuff with the "Issue Order" button (default Q). Just aim at the target and press Q.
      Spotting
      Using it on a enemy vehicle will cause it to be shown at the minimap, which is invaluable for Engineers and people just trying to stay alive. There is also a spotting bonus in it for you, I believe the vehicle needs to be damaged or destroyed shortly after you spotted it.

Issuing Orders
      Using Q on one of the mission targets on the HUD ( [A] or [B] ) will give your squad an order to defend or attack it. Actions relating to that target will now give you an extra bonus.
      Notice that anyone can give orders, there is no Squad Leader in BC2.

Requesting supplies
      If you aim at fellow soldier while using Q, you will request ammo/healing/repairs depending on his class. This may only work if you actually need the kind of assistance the target class provides. This is also the way you are supposed to request pickup from a vehicle.

Comment

Shotguns and all other weapons in the last tier are equippable for ALL classes... a lot of people seem to miss that =)

Burst fire! It's one hell of a lot more important than you might think. Most weapons lose accuracy quickly when using full auto.

Well known fact if you played BC1, but you can destroy all M-COM stations either by bringing down the building it's in or simply damaging it with explosives.

Comment

any idea how i can get anti aliasing to work?I have it set to 4 in config file and 4 ingame and still nothing.I switched the dx version to 10 in config file and still no aa.

win7 64bit
          gtx260 core 216
          asus 780!
          4 gigs mushkin 1066
          q6600@2.4

Comment

Thanks vika, this helps out alot.
            + rep.

EDIT: please sticky.

Comment

Destroy objectives fast! (requires a friend)

-Get into an ATV
              -your friends puts 6 C4s on the front as an assault
              -race towards the objective
              -tell your friend to blow it when you are at the objective with the C4 as near to it as possible
              -as friendly fire is off, your ATV is unharmed but the objective is hurt bad
              -come back with the ATV
              -rinse and repeat

also works with UAV

Comment

It sounds obvious and it is. but most people don't do it because when you miss in BFBC2 it's less obvious. Instead of holding down the trigger try tapping it very fast or firing in half second bursts. I've nailed many spray and prayers that way. Only hold on fully auto if you're in shotgun range.

Try it.

Comment

Update: This may still work, but the full game now has native support for FoV changes. This is described later in the thread..

You can force some kind of increased FOV in the game

How? Go into \Documents\BFBC2Beta\settings.ini and change

Code:
                  Width=1680
                  Height=1050
                  Fullscreen=true
                  To

Code:
                  Width=1680
                  Height=600
                  Fullscreen=false
                  What you are doing is telling the game to run in windowed mode with reduced height, but same width. So its not going to use the whole screen with this hack.

Comment

Can you pick up enemy mines/explosives with the "wrench gun"?

Comment

Any tips how to use targeting dart and RPG correctly?
                      Put the dart on the enemy vehicle --> target it and wait to lock (distance is displayed) --> and then what?
                      where should I launch the RPG to hit the tank?
                      to tank directly, as usual (and homing system will slightly adjust my aim)? or I can shoot up the sky and the RPG will find the marked tank?
                      Can I hit the tank, which is hiding beyond some obstacle?

Comment

When you have "locked on" to a tank, you can fire a shot and hit the tank as long as the tank remains in your field of view. You can fire over obstacles like walls and fences as long as you can still see the tank through your scope. So you can't lock on, make a 180 and expect to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                          You can force some kind of increased FOV in the game

*snip*

What you are doing is telling the game to run in windowed mode with reduced height, but same width. So its not going to use the whole screen with this hack.
                          hmm not sure about forcing FOV that way, sure you can see a bit down each side but its a bit harder to see the enemies, all give and take.

Comment

Read slower.

Originally posted by iQue

Burst fire! It's one hell of a lot more important than you might think. Most weapons lose accuracy quickly when using full auto.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                              When you have "locked on" to a tank, you can fire a shot and hit the tank as long as the tank remains in your field of view. You can fire over obstacles like walls and fences as long as you can still see the tank through your scope. So you can't lock on, make a 180 and expect to hit.
                              Actually, once you're locked it holds for a second. I've found the best way is to lock on while scoped, then unscope and look straight up and fire. The rocket will shoot straight up and arc back down into the target. This way even if they go back behind things you can kill them. If you're lucky the blast will kill people trying to repair it.

You can even lock on to targets that you can't even see. Once the dart is stuck on the vehicle, they're a target until it wears off. I'm not sure how long it lasts, though.

You have to "re-lock" for every shot, by the way. You know you're locked when the range numbers pop up by the little box.

Comment

Working...
                              X