Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tips and Tricks

Originally posted by L-iNC
    Are those numbers on that gif vertical or horizontal fov?

Set my FoV to 85 horizontal. Good middle ground setting for cqc and long range shooting.
    It is the numbers from the config file, the vertical FoV
    I am currently using 70 vertical myself (96 horizontal). I tried 75 but that was too much.

Comment

I play in 90 on a widescreen, a little strange on the sides but after playing an alien some much time on AVP1-2 I'm used to it lol.

Comment

This is kind of a mundane question, but there doesn't seem to be a way to exit out of the game except at the load screens.

In past BF games, you simply hit the ESC key and you were brought brack to the main menu and could exit the game from there. In BC2, however, when you hit the ESC key you go to the score board and can only go back into the game from there.

Granted I hate to leave a game that's not finished, but my 14 month old tends to have other opinions on the matter.

Comment

I noticed when I hit tab to check the scores when I am on the spawn screen it does not work. So I assume that hitting esc. instead brings up the score on this screen? I like to check scores in between spawns rather than during gameplay!

Comment

i've been into MW for a while and coming back to BC was quite ... impressive...
            Now it seems to be a lot different than BF2 (duh!),
            here's some questions I had after trying it last night:
            - the mouse sensitivity is global for foot/vehicles? Is there a way to set different sensitivities?
            - does the tracer dart only work on vehicles? I tried shooting the dart on a building but it doesn't seem to work
            - how do you spot enemies so there's a triangle showing up on them, not only in the minimap
            finally, any tips for a proper use of tubes? I can't aim for **** XD

Comment

Originally posted by Mayflower
              i've been into MW for a while and coming back to BC was quite ... impressive...
              Now it seems to be a lot different than BF2 (duh!),
              here's some questions I had after trying it last night:
              - the mouse sensitivity is global for foot/vehicles? Is there a way to set different sensitivities?
              - does the tracer dart only work on vehicles? I tried shooting the dart on a building but it doesn't seem to work
              - how do you spot enemies so there's a triangle showing up on them, not only in the minimap
              finally, any tips for a proper use of tubes? I can't aim for **** XD
              I think the dart only work on vehicles and enemies. Mounted MGs etc. are considered vehicles when using the dart, so you can tag those too.
              Spotting enemies is done with the "Q" button, but it is a bit unreliable
              And I am afraid that my suggestion for proper use of the tube isn't anatomically possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                This is kind of a mundane question, but there doesn't seem to be a way to exit out of the game except at the load screens.

In past BF games, you simply hit the ESC key and you were brought brack to the main menu and could exit the game from there. In BC2, however, when you hit the ESC key you go to the score board and can only go back into the game from there.

Granted I hate to leave a game that's not finished, but my 14 month old tends to have other opinions on the matter.
                When I hit Esc ingame I get to the Game Menu which includes an Exit Game button.

The scoreboard is brought up by "Tab"

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                  Spotting enemies is done with the "Q" button, but it is a bit unreliable
                  I think this was done on purpose to negate Q spot spamming everywhere, using it like a poor mans wall hack.

Comment

if its on a hardcore server, the triangles won't show up. if you press esc when waiting to respawn, it'll show your score tab.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                      When I hit Esc ingame I get to the Game Menu which includes an Exit Game button.

The scoreboard is brought up by "Tab"
                      Yep, I see it now. Thanks. I must have been halucinating or something.

A couple more questions:

-how exactly does the mortar strike work?

-what do the little white squares with the numbers 1 and 2 in them mean next to your name in the squad window?

Comment

-how exactly does the mortar strike work?

-what do the little white squares with the numbers 1 and 2 in them mean next to your name in the squad window?
                        -Aim at something. Hold the trigger and watch the arc fill up. Watch god strike your enemies down.

-The little white squares are their veteran ranks. So the more previous BF games they've added, the higher the number. Up to 5, I think. I have all of the BF games and in BFBC2 my vet rank is only five.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                          -Aim at something. Hold the trigger and watch the arc fill up. Watch god strike your enemies down.

-The little white squares are their veteran ranks. So the more previous BF games they've added, the higher the number. Up to 5, I think. I have all of the BF games and in BFBC2 my vet rank is only five.
                          Ah, that makes sense because I'm a 1 and that's what shows by my name. Too bad none of 1942 titles can be registered because the "CD code is already in use" and they don't give you the ability to count Northern Strike even though the little medallion thingy is clearly visible by 2142.

As to the mortar strike, where exactly does one need to be to use it? Is it a static emplacement like AA or heavy MG? Or am I completely missing something here.

Comment

Its a pair of binoculars with some kind of target designator built in. It replaces the Recons C4 as far as I remember

Comment

Ah, that makes sense because I'm a 1 and that's what shows by my name. Too bad none of 1942 titles can be registered because the "CD code is already in use" and they don't give you the ability to count Northern Strike even though the little medallion thingy is clearly visible by 2142.
                              I had the same problem with the BF1942 CD keys being "claimed." I just got with EA's Live Chat and they manually added BF1942 and all expansions when I provided my keys.

Expansions don't count towards your rank, so they don't matter much. Northern Strike is supposed to be automatic, but it's a crapshoot. I didn't bother trying to get them to add it. I figure some day they'll get everything working. Then I'll play a few more rounds on NS and hope it gets added.

Comment

Originally posted by (3SA)B|Rec.TAMPA
                                I think this was done on purpose to negate Q spot spamming everywhere, using it like a poor mans wall hack.
                                indeed, I think you have to aim at them for a moment to spot the enemy

Comment

Working...
                                X