Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Borderlands

Originally posted by Namakan
    I take it you don't like games with any arcadey aspect...
    Nope actually. Ive been a vocal opponent to COD4 hardcore mode and I consider Project Reality a much inferior mod to Point of Existence 2. I firmly believe that realism on its own does not make a good game and I laugh every time someone says "this" or "that" in BF2 is "unrealistic".

However, STALKER gunfights arent just terrible in "arcade" way, they are just horribly inaccurate. Like I said, if you have to kill someone with a sawn-off, you have to do it from 3 feet (1 metre) and you have to use two shells most of the time.

Realism mod, however, makes the game incredibly challenging and in the same time removes the frustration associated with absolutely useless weapons. In most "arcade" games, the games have sacrificed realism for more dynamic gunfights (longer lasting, more effects, whatnot), however STALKERs gunfights in vanilla state are 100% frustration.

A selection of proper mods increases the immersion and elevates the experience from "****ing terrible **** why cant I hit a single AK74 shot from 30 feet" to "****, ****, ****, ****, ****, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, a group of bandits is coming!!!!!!!11".

Comment

Can't wait to get back to uni to play this =]

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by old sch00l
        Tip for Roland: don't overwrite an Orange Relic - Turret damage modifiyer (white 32 to 282 orange) with a purple **** one! Yes, you only pack one!
        Protip: You can change which artifact you currently have active by clicking on it in the skill tree window
        Why thank you kind sir, I'll check when I get in after work *hopes this is true*.

Comment

Working...
        X