Borderlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Borderlands

So, it's the 26th. Anyone have it yet? I've been reading reports that a lot of people are having issues with both Nvidia and AMD cards. What's up?

Comment

I haven't yet, I'm still trying to decide if I want it or not. It's got an 84 on Metacritic. I would think for co-op or online, it could be fun, but SP by yourself my get old fast.

Thanks for the advice on Fallout 3 guys. I was thinking between the two of these on the PS3 so my wife and I could play it (me at the controls) and I'm glad you said Fallout 3 is amazing b/c she loves RPGs (I usually don't), but it always looked like one I could get into.

Comment

Three hours in and I'm enjoying it so far. Only played solo thus far as well.

Comment

highly recommended, only single player so far lvl 11 within 3:47:47 hours. Ace game.

Bulk up b4 before the multiplay ehances the co-op oomph?

Q's. no End game?

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz
            Fallout 3 or Borderlands?
            Id pick S.T.A.L.K.E.R

though stalker is more of an FPS with RPG elements like the inventory system and being able to talk to just about everyone who doesnt shoot you on sight.

I havent played much through fallout because my system is in serious need of an upgrade. Finished Stalker: clear sky because its very old system friendly.

Comment

I'm upgrading for the next gen Nvidia, I think you should get yourself a nice cheap ic5 system

Comment

Can I say Stalker ran like a dog? You guys got an interesting co-op, lvl 14? lol, so I don't join a higher lvl gate festival xD

Comment

Not much of an RPG fan here played it SP solo was okay but yesterday myself and my friend play SP Co-op and it was amazing had some really good fun and we are doing it today again i must say that was one rpg along with mass effect that i really enjoy.

Comment

Keep the co-op reports comming

don't TRY to be LIKE halo with freeky wheels!

Steering lock is too sharp for small towns, unecessary? More momentum to the rear wheels?

vehicle:1.95/1.99 >.< halo

for_SPARTA!!
                    now called Roland [Soldier]

Comment

Started playing, found myself trying to get the missions done for "doing" sake. The game is not fun, weapons are not fun (with the exception of revolvers, those ARE fun). The story is nonexistant and full of holes, actually yeah, there is no story.

Its a highly polished game which will offer a lot to those who like RPGs, but its not as fun as STALKER in its FPS aspect (or Mass Effect) and its not as deep RPG wise as some of the established games.

I rate 6/10. Playable, if youre bored. The game doesnt suck.

Comment

did i read right that there is no PvP in this game?

Comment

There is. You can fight eachother in the Arenas. But the game is not balanced for PvP so dont expect much.

Comment

I somewhat agree with your comments Chris on story and weaponry , i am a newbie when it comes to RPGs i did though enjoy mass effect much more than Borderlands that's a given.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
                              I somewhat agree with your comments Chris on story and weaponry , i am a newbie when it comes to RPGs i did though enjoy mass effect much more than Borderlands that's a given.
                              Haven't tried borderlands yet, but Mass Effect is one of the greatest games ive played in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                                Started playing, found myself trying to get the missions done for "doing" sake. The game is not fun, weapons are not fun (with the exception of revolvers, those ARE fun). The story is nonexistant and full of holes, actually yeah, there is no story.

Its a highly polished game which will offer a lot to those who like RPGs, but its not as fun as STALKER in its FPS aspect (or Mass Effect) and its not as deep RPG wise as some of the established games.

I rate 6/10. Playable, if youre bored. The game doesnt suck.
                                dammit, I was looking at this game and thinking of getting it

I've wanted to know, how good are the quests etc? Because I don't want a game where the quests are monotonous, boring and repetitive, I could perhaps handle the rest as long as the world was big etc

and as a massive Stalker fan myself I find guns in every other game not as fun

Comment

Working...
                                X