What do you want fixed for the 1.51 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you want fixed for the 1.51 patch

no not really. but it would be nice if it had proper titans. Also I know they locked the last rank(s) because of hackers but isn't it time they unlocked them? they could at least let us comeplete the game properly.

Comment

I honestly want the restrictions of moving titans on servers over 64 players lifted. Systems are getting better, and some people really enjoy the chaos that takes place when there are 64 people and Titans right next to each other. The majority of Titan servers would still be under normal conditions, its not like you would be forcing people to play with 64 moving titans, just allow the freedom for people who do. So basically, all of the people who complain about moving titans and lag, there are many, if not the majority of titan servers out there that have no movement you can go to.

And the kit saves need to fixed asap.

Comment

there's a hard coded restriction? i thought 48 was the limit DICE wanted for titan mode anyways?
        but yea i do agree with you, people have better hardware now so they can ease up on the no moving restriction.

ps. 60 votes, a new milestone! :salute:

Comment

Yes, there was a clan, who did something to make it work for like 2 rounds at a time, but it is a forced restriction. Even besides the systems, nobody has to play on them.

Comment

Even after all the grief this game has given me, I still look back upon the hours spent herein as my fondest gaming memories.

Comment

Do you guys honesly think this will be the final time EA even looks at 2142 again before laying it to rest? If they ever even end up pooping this patch out.

Comment

baza posted an update on twitter (official2142)

We are still working on BF2142 v1.51, we are having to rebuild build scripts after the build machine HDD died. Luckily Perforce has the game

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                  baza posted an update on twitter (official2142)

We are still working on BF2142 v1.51, we are having to rebuild build scripts after the build machine HDD died. Luckily Perforce has the game
                  You'd think a game developer like Dice could afford a backup drive on their development drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
                    Even after all the grief this game has given me, I still look back upon the hours spent herein as my fondest gaming memories.
                    I echo these sentiments. I'm a grizzled old-time gamer too - been playing vgames since my dad brought home the Atari VCS back in 1979. Played many many games since and still do, whilst it would be hard to pick out one game as my all-time fave I have spent more time in 2142 than in any other game. Seems like this forum has finally died :|:

TBH I wouldn't wanna get as involved in a game again, spent an unhealthy amount of time playing and I'm getting on a bit now lol. I have spent 70+ days of my life in this world, must be the best £35 quid I ever spent...

p.s. I can still be found running the frozen battlefields from time to time......... :salute:

Comment

This patch, if it ever gets released, will at least breath a bit of life back into the game. It seems like both the BF2 and 2142 boards have pretty much been laid in their caskets in terms of activity. As incredible as BC2 is, there is just something you can never replace in 2142, good to know I have such amazing games sitting on my desk, I will certainly be semi active, I still have a few last awards to scrap up, and even then. I guess a plus side to this is the ammount of tightness that will be in the remaining community, just see 1942 and you will understand what I'm talking about.

Comment

What I'd love? Just fix a couple of the actual bugs - as outlined in the poll. Then fix the issue (that never got fixed) where I have to select my kit on every server.... and turn the stats tracking back on.

And... I'd happily pay $49.99 for this 1.51 patch. In fact I'd pay that for EVERY patch. I could care less about other games, and would be happy to support this game with my $$$.

In other words, EA/Dice are leaving a LOT of $$ on the table with this game.

Fix the hackers/sploits, keep giving us a few goodies (once or twice a year) and i think you would easily get a large number of players to pony up some dough for that...

Comment

Again, this patch is taking much too long, the bulk of the community is flaking off. And if it takes much longer, the new patch may just be worth a museum visit. Hurry it up Dice.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
                            Again, this patch is taking much too long, the bulk of the community is flaking off. And if it takes much longer, the new patch may just be worth a museum visit. Hurry it up Dice.
                            You are looking at 3 to 4 months minimum. They posted again the other day that they plan to start back on it in about a month and then repeated about the failed hard drive and having to redo the scripting work.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Lets everyone install the game again and commence a playing!

Comment

I'd lol rather hard if it actually ends up taking an entire year since announcement.

Comment

Working...
                                X