Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you want fixed for the 1.51 patch

Originally posted by Minmaster
    well even beta testing calls it 1.51, which is only a 0.01 increment from current 1.50. maybe they'll, maybe they won't, who knows.

we're getting operation blue pearl 2142.
    You say it as if I didn't know.

Comment

one request: please make this a full patch. there had been in the past problems with patching and installing NS that caused a headache for some players (like medal/bfhq crash bug). some still don't know how to properly install patches and NS to avoid this, so it would be for the better if they just release 1 big patch file this time around.

Comment

When will we expect to see this patch if ever?

Comment

it's in beta testing as we speak, but i'm hoping it will be a nice christmas present (wishful thinking).

Comment

mmm.. while it might be foolish to potentially break what isn't really broken, I suppose delicate tweaking of pk rocket dmg and projectile speed can reduce their overpowering nature while maintaining their role as anti infantry hiding behind cover. And to think the Army spent millions to design the OICW with the idea to attack enemies behind cover, only to be cancelled in the end. And in this game, its pretty much what every assault and their dog carries.

Or EA can try something radical and add new vehicles in it, distribute it on steam to see if it will give 2142 a second wind.

Comment

i think the extra rocket unlock is what turned into a totally overpowering weapon. it was already very powerful without it, but 4 rockets per clip makes it unfair to the other classes.

Comment

Will they fix the compatibility issue with Vista?
                When i changed to vista it was virtually unplayable.

Comment

huh i'm doing fine in vista, although i do get occasional appcrash CTDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    huh i'm doing fine in vista, although i do get occasional appcrash CTDs.
                    I should try installing it again then, on my old comp it used to always crash as soon as i joined a server. So i just ended up rage quitting >8(

Comment

remember to patch it up 1 more time after installing northern strike.

Comment

Vista? I'm ready to move on to Win7. I already put it on my laptop, but I'm a bit weary of putting it on my desktop since PB was so resistant to supporting Win7 during beta. Does anyone know if they are fully supporting Win7 now? It really is a nice OS.

Comment

I haven't had any problems at all with PB and Windows 7 up to now, so you should be pretty safe

Comment

Thanks matty. I'll have to do the upgrade when I get the chance.

Comment

messfeeder be warned, some bios versions cause problems with win7 and directX 9 and lower. there are bios upgrades avaivable but if you dont wanna do bios upgrades it might mean you cant run win 7 and bf.

Comment

I wish they would fix the server browser so when the autobalance check mark is off you only see servers with auto balancing off. or ad a new selection to choose no auto balance servers.

been posting this for months on the EA forums and 2 patches later they still didn't fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X