Personal Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Personal Thoughts

I pray to god they don`t add a promod gamemode or anything like that. Half the servers would use it cause it`s "pro", not cause it`s fun (which it aint imo)
    Having Hardcore is enough and even that sucks compared to regular.

edit: riotshields own

Comment

Originally posted by L3adcannon
      I pray to god they don`t add a promod gamemode or anything like that. Half the servers would use it cause it`s "pro", not cause it`s fun (which it aint imo)
      Having Hardcore is enough and even that sucks compared to regular.

I agree... All the Aus servers run HC, the only regular mode servers are monopolized by an ISP group called Internode which I'm currently banned from X_X

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
        I agree... All the Aus servers run HC, the only regular mode servers are monopolized by an ISP group called Internode which I'm currently banned from X_X
        Really? I have only been playing Internode so thats probably why I dont know. What about the few gamearena servers? I played on a couple on the times when I couldnt find the internode servers that were normal.

Comment

I haven't seen any GameArena servers lately.. I think they gave up trying to compete with Internode (aka Game.on.net)

Comment

Actually I don't foresee most people playing it simply because it says "pro." There are servers running public promod but you tend to see the same faces. This can be attributed to the fact that it isn't stock, and most casual players just join the average TDM/FFA.

I'm not saying you have to like promod - and that is a similar case between regular/hardcore, it is completely up to you to decide what you want to play. All this would do would provide players with one more option that could potentially close the gap between some casual and competitive players. Neither hardcore or stock are anything close to how promod plays, so suggesting servers run either of the two does not accomplish the desired goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Defekt
              There are servers running public promod but you tend to see the same faces.
              Cause it`s a mod. If it were an official gamemode, meaning ranked, things would be differet, I`m sure of that.

Comment

Cause it`s a mod. If it were an official gamemode, meaning ranked, things would be differet, I`m sure of that.
                No. People aren't playing hardcore because it's truly hardcore, it's easy to get kills and the masses love it. You don't play a game mode because it sounds cool, that's the dumbest reason I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                  No. People aren't playing hardcore because it's truly hardcore, it's easy to get kills and the masses love it. You don't play a game mode because it sounds cool, that's the dumbest reason I've ever heard.
                  I disagree. Not that people play or dont play based on it sounding cool. I think you are correct. I think l3ad is correct that because it is not ranked, people dont play it.

With all these things to unlock and achieve, most people do not want to put their time into a game that isnt ranked. Not all people, but most.

Maybe Battlefield isnt the best example, but look at all the mods for 1942 then look at how many are for BF2. Now some will argue the modding was harder in BF2 and discouraged it, and I would agree some with that, but not entirely.

There are some really great mods for CoD4, but its hard to find populated servers for them or after the newness wears off, its done.

Now if you could take your ranks in with you on mods and be able to mod up, especially since your profile is saved on your PC and to me seems doable, I bet the mods would take off more.

Rankings cause all kinds of problems in a game. I think we can all agree with that. It causes people to do things to gain rank. I'm glad CoD PC doesnt have stat boards because of it.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

No game however well it does commercially can be considered perfect and I'm sure there are people out there that share your opinions on Call of Duty. However, that being said, the majority of the people on this part of TGN love Call of Duty and are ready and willing to kill for it.

I don't like everything about the new Call of Duty, but overall i'm pleased they are making another of what i thought was the most successful and franchise defining of the series.

Will they better the first one or will they leave a skidmark in their wake, who knows. But if your willing to formulate an opinion based on quite frankly, videos that are designed to showcase certain things and hide other things then thats not good.

You cannot form a proper opinion based on trailer and gameplay footage. You need to have it installed and be playing it to know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Torchwood
                      You cannot form a proper opinion based on trailer and gameplay footage. You need to have it installed and be playing it to know for sure.
                      Very true, which is why I wont pay $60 without at least a demo.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

So since Infinity Ward has already said they aren't going to have a beta and won't do a demo either, does that mean you aren't getting MW2?

Comment

Originally posted by [BPN] SCHLUP
                          So since Infinity Ward has already said they aren't going to have a beta and won't do a demo either, does that mean you aren't getting MW2?
                          Straight away? Yup.

There is NO WAY after what happened with FFOW that im buying this game on release no matter how huge the hype is. Without a demo or beta or some form of playable game to test as to whether it is a good thing to invest my money on i wont be buying it straight away.

Wait a few weeks for reviews and word of mouth and see how it is first.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                            Straight away? Yup.

There is NO WAY after what happened with FFOW that im buying this game on release no matter how huge the hype is. Without a demo or beta or some form of playable game to test as to whether it is a good thing to invest my money on i wont be buying it straight away.
                            im in total agreement with you there, the lack of a demo can kill a game .
                            just take a look at what happened over on the operation-flash point 2 forums when they canceled the pre-release demo.:shakehead: a lot of people got real suspicious, & from the reviews of the game with good cause.

Comment

Working...
                            X