Official Need for Speed Shift Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Need for Speed Shift Thread

Well, I tried that, but there isn't one at the bottom. There just is no quit button. By start I assume you mean "pause"?

Comment

Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
      I'm not sure which reviews you are referring to but we got really good reviews from IGN, OXM, OPM, gamespy, and gametrailer.
      This, I did watch the GT one and it did give a more promising view.

Is there going to be a demo?

Comment

alex i don't see the problems you are having and laguna seca is amazing graphics.
        there is a pause and restart race and quit race..
        this game runs fluidly on my system
        3.5 ghz over clocked q66, 4 gigs hyperx ram, 1t spinpoint f1, windows 7 64 7100,
        eah4870dk 1g, i think maybe the problem your having is online?
        maybe server lag? like i say I've played this game prob 20 hours already no hitches.
        i am sad its not like underground 2, because that what all of us mostly wanted with better graphics and cars..this has most of everything in there aside from a few key features like painting rims and trunk customise, hydraulics the rest is pretty much there.
        to me this is one of the better need for speeds, i just pref the real illegal street racing scenario compared to track racing.

Comment

Nah, it's offline play, the problem is with ATI cards, but the game works for some people. I mean, check here, its well documented.

Explore our Video Game Forums. Electronic Arts is a leading publisher of games on Console, PC and Mobile.

Comment

a few things here to think about...before when i updated to the new ati catalyst..everything just utterly sucked and i did it right with driver cleaner..
            i ended up reinstalling windows 7 and the newest drivers did finally work right...update lately?
            that was one of my major problems a while back..
            not to mention i forgot my board spec here also..
            i have the asus rampage formula.
            i think the problem there having is with many things..peoples boards, drivers , cards and well there latest catalyst really sucked for a lot of people..
            i just installed the rtm of windows 7, before i had beta 7100 so ill try this out and see how it works...

Comment

I have the latest Windows 7 RTM. I did have Catalyst 9.9 but it was really bad, I downgraded to 9.8 and it got better, but not great.

Comment

installed rtm and latest cat works fine for me still .. that sucks man..this is a great game to play..its challenging for sure.

Comment

Yeah, i'm not sure anyone knows what is causing the issue. Some people are saying the PhysX installer perhaps.

Comment

i know the xonar d1 windows 7 64 installer ruined my registry so i had to go instll vista 32 d1 drivers through windows for it to work properly with this rtm version..
                    it wouldent not allow me to execute any program at all, weird......but i solved that ...

i know the xonar d1 windows 7 64 installer ruined my registry so i had to go instll vista 32 d1 drivers through windows for it to work properly with this rtm version..
                    it wouldent not allow me to execute any program at all, weird......but i solved that ...

Comment

Yes, that issue is with the beta. With 64bit Windows 7, you have to install the beta drivers and then the Vista 64bit latest patch. Otherwise you can't execute any 32bit apps

Comment

NFS SHIFT demo is out for the PC. You can download the demo at http://bit.ly/rA9W4

Comment

:awes a demo

Comment

omg i love it..The feeling of it is amazing..The cars look great, very fun to drive.

I'm using a Logitech Force Feedback wheel, cant remember exact name..

Problems:

Graphics, because I have an ATI card it gets a little laggy when im in the middle of a pack.

AI, they seem good at first but in one of the manufacter races where I was a BMW vs and Audi, I was abdiding by the colours on the lines and it was going well, but the audi just comes flying round the corner, braking later than me, accelerating faster away than me...All whilst going round a pretty sharp corner...

Drifting, OMG it is ridiculously hard..TOO hard...Srsly I had to try the race about 7 times before I could pull away from last place. And I have a wheel so I have pedals so I was attempting feathering the throttle with little to no effect...

Other than that, I like it

Comment

Shift is pretty good. Just need a wheel or its not fun. Controllers are the same. Its like, get a wheel or its not fun.

Comment

Downloaded the demo yesterday, got to say I am enjoying it quite abit.

At first I was trying to play it like Grid (and failed), but then I started to play it like Rfactor and then the game made sense It feels nice for it not to be too realistic.

Using a wheel when properly set up is really nice (using the same as Hellsent)

Graphics are not enough for me to make my jaw drop (running 1680x1050 max) but they are more than adequate, (Grid gives me more of an atmosphere tbh).

Ai seems fine tho a lil dirty but that just gives me an excuse to be dirty hehe.

The only thing Im not liking is the UI, it's meh

Anyway a quick vid of my favorite car right now @ London

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrR0Hyu2W2c&feature=player_embedded[/media]

(watch in HD)

Comment

Working...
                                X