Official Need for Speed Shift Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Need for Speed Shift Thread

I know there are a few of you racing guys out there, so I thought i'd create a thread with information about awesome looking NFS: Shift. Since GRID and DiRT, i've been craving more close contact GT racing and drifting, so hopefully this shall deliver.

The game is due in Europe for 17/09/2009 and America 22/09/2009 (use Euro's win )

Keep an eye on TGN, we should have something good coming up! Your thoughts on the game?

Oh, a few vids and pics to whet your appetite:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxkqsHf3rGk[/media]

Official NFS: Shift website!

Re: Official Need for Speed Shift Thread

New Trailer http://tgv.fliggo.com/video/fD8On5nS

Comment

I'm hoping that there's a damage engine similar to Grid's where the handling and performance of the car can be altered. I'd also like for it to be easily customized with use of third party tools, not something like Grid's team branding or Trackmania's car painter; not that those are terrible, they're just not what I want.

Comment

I luv my car games and like them realistic,Im looking at this one hard and if they keep it up it will be a "must get for me":thumbsup:

cockpit cam is what i want from a car racing game and it has drift like grid:yay:

I hope it has nascar too and lots of cars

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
          I hope it has nascar too and lots of cars
          Nascar?! :rawr

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
            The game is due in Europe for 17/08/2009 and America 22/08/2009 (use Euro's win )
            The vid says those dates, but for September, not August. On Gamestop, they have Sept 15th for the ship date.

Comment

Too bad none of you live in the Lower Mainland of B.C. - I could give you the sign up sheet to be a one-day EA Focus Group Game Tester for NfS:Shift. I'd do it myself, but I've been way too busy and none of my friends are interested.

Comment

Go as a loner! Your review helped finalize my decision to buy FNR4, which was a great purchase btw!

Comment

Heh, I meant /09/ not /08/

I agree, a good cockpit view is a necessity. That's all I race in nowadays, really adds to the immersion of the game.

Comment

mmmmm this looks very good! i really got into Grid Mp racing GT1 etc, this looks like it could be pretty fun.

i just hope theres not a load of Ramming!! i hated that in Grid, hopefully they can do something about it

also there needs to be a keyboard with a analog stick or touch sensitive keys or something to stop the wheels spinning like hell using a key on the keyboard. i know i could use a contoller but prefer the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by bob055
                      also there needs to be a keyboard with a analog stick or touch sensitive keys or something to stop the wheels spinning like hell using a key on the keyboard. i know i could use a contoller but prefer the keyboard.
                      I had that issue. The problem is actually with the hardware, not the software. Most PC game pad buttons are off/on rather than pressure sensitive (unlike official PS2 controllers).

I found that the best way to get around this (although, this was in GT Legends, not GRID) was to reduce the throttle sensitivity in the options. I dropped it from 40% to 15% and so this gave me a slower acceleration, but more controlled, rather than just lighting the back tyres up.

Comment

ah right yea good idea with the throttle sensitivity, hopefully NFS Shift will have a lot of options and settings to play with!

Comment

Originally posted by bob055
                          ah right yea good idea with the throttle sensitivity, hopefully NFS Shift will have a lot of options and settings to play with!
                          what kind of options and settings are you curious about?

Comment

This game looks good. I might even get a wheel to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
                              what kind of options and settings are you curious about?
                              At least being able to adjust the sensitivity and deadzones on all of a controller's axises.

Comment

Working...
                              X