Official Need for Speed Shift Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Need for Speed Shift Thread

Hmm can there be like a Wheel + Game combo (like those flight sims that come with a joystick) , yaknow? to save some money

Comment

Originally posted by Will
      Hmm can there be like a Wheel + Game combo (like those flight sims that come with a joystick) , yaknow? to save some money
      You'd only want that if it was a high quality wheel and not a cheap one.

Comment

I get on better with pads instead of wheels anyway, their far more practical and the 'cool' factor of the wheels dries out pretty damn fast for me, not to mention pads are a lot cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz
          You'd only want that if it was a high quality wheel and not a cheap one.
          nah, i don't really care if its a cheap one. I take care of my stuff and i don't really play racing games alot.

Comment

I use the Logitech G27 wheel for racing games.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
              I use the Logitech G27 wheel for racing games.
              Pre release eh?

Comment

Logitech G27

Sweet babacanoosh, that is expensive. Enjoy!

Comment

-_- I asked for a cheap-o wheel, not something that Actually cost money

Comment

oops my bad.

Comment

Well, I got the game, but I must say it shows potential and a lot of it, but it seems unpolished.

When I first enter the game I am struck by how long it simply takes before i'm behind the wheel of a car. I have to go through multiple videos, menus, occasionally people talking, it's frustrating.

Secondly, I have a fairly good PC, but even this struggles to keep a good FPS. To be fair, I went straight to all high, 8x AA and at 1920x1080. It stuttered so bad it made the game unplayable, the same at 4x AA. Not to be rude, but the graphics aren't really that much better than those of GRID, yet it runs far, far worse. I believe some optimisation is sorely needed to make this game. Even on low, the stuttering is awful, making what should be a fluid race, unplayable.

Penultimate point is sounds. It's a mixed bag. There are some really good effects, but then you get the tyre screech which is like listening to someone punch cats with bondage gags in their mouth.

Lastly. I am in the first race of the career and there is no quit button. I mean, seriously, what?

Comment

Well, I fixed the bad performance a bit by reverting to Catalyst 9.8 from 9.9. But, it still seems to scale badly on my Radeon card with Windows 7 RTM.

Comment

Hmmm, this was actually the first racing game since NFS2 that I was going to buy but after reading some reviews im not so sure. Dirt2 seems slightly more appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
                            Hmmm, this was actually the first racing game since NFS2 that I was going to buy but after reading some reviews im not so sure. Dirt2 seems slightly more appealing.
                            I'm not sure which reviews you are referring to but we got really good reviews from IGN, OXM, OPM, gamespy, and gametrailer.

Comment

Heard that there's no LAN option for MP - can you confirm this Alex? Bit of a shame if there isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                                Well, I got the game, but I must say it shows potential and a lot of it, but it seems unpolished.

When I first enter the game I am struck by how long it simply takes before i'm behind the wheel of a car. I have to go through multiple videos, menus, occasionally people talking, it's frustrating.

Secondly, I have a fairly good PC, but even this struggles to keep a good FPS. To be fair, I went straight to all high, 8x AA and at 1920x1080. It stuttered so bad it made the game unplayable, the same at 4x AA. Not to be rude, but the graphics aren't really that much better than those of GRID, yet it runs far, far worse. I believe some optimisation is sorely needed to make this game. Even on low, the stuttering is awful, making what should be a fluid race, unplayable.

Penultimate point is sounds. It's a mixed bag. There are some really good effects, but then you get the tyre screech which is like listening to someone punch cats with bondage gags in their mouth.

Lastly. I am in the first race of the career and there is no quit button. I mean, seriously, what?
                                You have to hit start and scroll down one. It took me a minute to figure this one out as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X