Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think system specs for BF3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think system specs for BF3?

Min:
    CPU: 2.0Ghz Dual-Core
    RAM: 1.5GB XP, 2GB Vista/Win7
    Video: 8800GT/9600GT with 512MB dedicated VRAM DX9c
    HDD: 20GB minimal install

Recommended:
    CPU: 3.0Ghz Quad-Core
    RAM: 4GB
    Video: GTX260 1GB DX10
    HDD: 30GB maximum install

Mind you, I already have money set aside for the new generation of nvidia GPU (GT300) in fall.

Re: What do you guys think system specs for BF3?

What ever BF1943 and BFBC2 will be, it will be around there.

Comment

Here be the problem!

How does the frostbite engine work on pcs? We dont know it hasnt been said yet an indication of how will be when they say for 1943 and BFBC2. Blowling the crap out of buildings and stuff has gotta be quite intense for a pc.....i have been thinking about this for a while now. How will the frostbite engine run?....they might even have a new version of it by the time BF3 comes out!

Comment

I think physX will be supported, especially given it's use in Mirror's Edge.

Comment

I went with 8800GT/9600GT as min for that very reason, physX.

Comment

If it does, i'll just get a 9600gt or something to go alongside my 4870 1GB for physX.

Windows 7 supports multiple graphics drivers, so it works fine.

Comment

time for me to start saving for a new core i7 :wee:
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                I think physX will be supported, especially given it's use in Mirror's Edge.
                Mirror's Edge was built on Unreal 3 I would imagine that Battlefield 3 is going to go on frostbite so whatever the specs for Battlefield Bad Company 2 is probably the same or a bit higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                  If it does, i'll just get a 9600gt or something to go alongside my 4870 1GB for physX.

Windows 7 supports multiple graphics drivers, so it works fine.
                  I recommend the 8800GS/9600GSO for pure physX, cheaper and better at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
                    Mirror's Edge was built on Unreal 3 I would imagine that Battlefield 3 is going to go on frostbite so whatever the specs for Battlefield Bad Company 2 is probably the same or a bit higher.
                    Battlefield 3 is going to be more advanced than Bad Company 2.

BF3 will be built ground up to take advantage of current PC hardware and will not be limited to X1900's/7800's, Processing power, and RAM seen in the PS3/360.

So I would not expect them to be similar. requirement wise.

Comment

So if I build a new computer this summer do you think it will run BF3 on high settings with nothing more than a graphics card upgrade? I'll probably get a quad core; an i7 or i5.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMACD
                        So if I build a new computer this summer do you think it will run BF3 on high settings with nothing more than a graphics card upgrade? I'll probably get a quad core; an i7 or i5.
                        Wait till Q4

GT300=Dx11

Comment

Originally posted by Arwing
                          Wait till Q4

GT300=Dx11
                          New graphics cards that support DX11? I don't think I can wait. I've been putting off a new build for a while.

Comment

Dude, nV has said that they are putting out a GT300 DX11 (aka GTX380) card by Sep/Nov. Last time they made a statement like that they produced the 8800GTX, the rest is history. Build the rest of your system, but try and reuse the video card. The GT300 card will be worth it. I've skipped already several killer deals and even the 2GB 285s I've been drooling for.

Comment

It's better to wait for official specs. The official specs from BF2 were pretty accurate. I remember the recommended requirements was the 6600GT and up and they ran the game on full settings at a decent resolution.

It's better not to upgrade anyway because the 8800GT and GTX have yet to be maxed out in performance with today's games, except for Crysis and Warhead obviously.

Comment

Working...
                              X