Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think system specs for BF3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you guys think system specs for BF3?

I'll leave building a new rig till the last possible moment, preferably about 6 months after the release of BF3, here's to wishing anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
      I'll leave building a new rig till the last possible moment, preferably about 6 months after the release of BF3, here's to wishing anyway.
      Seconded.

I played BF2 for ~6 months on low settings before upgrading, I can do it again :wee:

Comment

I went for 3 months on a 6600 vanilla before going to the 6800GT, I was quite happy to upgrade. I don't think I can last on medium/low again.

*EDIT* Tip for 6600 vanilla, replace the cooling on it with a badaz 6800 third party cooling and OC the hell out of those card. Arguably one of the best video cards since the 4200 Ti in terms of price and potential, sadfully I didn't experiment until after I upgraded. This was true for at least the time.

Comment

i aint even gonna think about buying parts until the game release is imminent. probably a month before release.

Comment

Trying to plan a PC build now for BF3 is pointless - you will likely end up disappointed and wasting money. There just isn't enough known about the game yet - not the engine, not even the release date/timeframe (all we know is "not this fiscal year"...but that doesn't mean "next fiscal year", however).

If BF3 is a really big/advanced game, there's also a chance the current Frostbite engine can't handle it...maybe it would be a Frostbite 1.5 or 2.0 version...and if that's the case, even using BF:BC2 as a basis for specs wouldn't be enough.

A friend of mine in the tech industry always says to only upgrade for what you need now, not for future, because:
            - specs change
            - new tech comes out
            - prices change

A lot of people rush out to upgrade for a game or app that's months down the road, but often if they'd wait, they'd make a smarter choice later on, AND even find a better deal on cheaper pieces of tech.

Have patience, do your research, then spend your money when you're sure. Don't jump the gun.

Comment

Well I would just like to remind everyone that BC1 ran flawlessly on any xbox 360...

Comment

I won't even bother reading all the previous posts...because I know that the system required does not exist right now.

Comment

So what kind of hardware does Dice use to make the game?

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML

Recommended:
                    CPU: 3.0Ghz Quad-Core

:shock: Q :shock: U :shock: A :shock: D :shock:

3.00 Ghz are you crazy, isn't that the top of the line. And aswell with sky rocket price?

Comment

Originally posted by Human_Error
                      :shock: Q :shock: U :shock: A :shock: D :shock:

3.00 Ghz are you crazy, isn't that the top of the line. And aswell with sky rocket price?
                      I doubt a quad core in necessary. So many people have the Core 2 Duo Exxx CPU's and they tend to run games better than Quaddies because of the higher FSB.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                        I doubt a quad core in necessary. So many people have the Core 2 Duo Exxx CPU's and they tend to run games better than Quaddies because of the higher FSB.
                        Well I dont think everyone overclocks their cpus (I do). You dont need quad core for any game these days (maybe arma2). But I do love my corei7 @ 4ghz for my 3dsmax work etc :yay:

Comment

Whiskey is right. Don't even think about upgrading for BF3 yet. Wait till 1-2 months before it comes out.

Comment

Min:
                            CPU: 2.8Ghz Dual-Core
                            RAM: 1.5GB XP, 2.5GB Vista/Win7
                            Video: 8800GT/9600GT with 512MB dedicated VRAM DX9c
                            HDD: 20GB minimal install

Recommended:
                            CPU: 2.4Ghz Quad-Core
                            RAM: 3.5GB
                            Video: GTX260 1GB DX10
                            HDD: 20GB maximum install

Comment

Lots of games have Quad now for recommended specs. I can totally see it, maybe just a dual or hyper threaded P4 for min, but definitely quad for recommended. Look at the recommended specs for GTA IV and ARMA 2.

Comment

Minimum:
                                2ghz dual core
                                1.5gb RAM
                                8600GT

Recommended:
                                quad core or 3ghz dual core (hoping for multithread support :nod
                                3gb RAM
                                4870/GTX 260

Comment

Working...
                                X