Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think system specs for BF3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you guys think system specs for BF3?

Originally posted by Leopardi
    BF3 will be specifically optimized for i7 HT so that's what u'll be needing.
    source?

Comment

Wait so no more Windows XP? Or just if we wanna run the game better? Gotta have Vista or 7? Planning on getting 7 anyways.

Comment

Windows 7 will run games better, after a few service packs and drivers, even Vista was better at playing games than XP. Better memory management and a hugely improved driver model.

Comment

XP needs to be killed with fire, there I said it, might not happen for the businesses yet but the users...

aww yeh

shall get my copy of win7 soon come to think of it

Comment

Imagine BF3 with Frostbite 2.0, Win 7, Dx11 Graphics Cards, i7 cpu. Can't wait! I'll probably upgrade to the new Dx11 cards in a year or so.

Comment

Specs-wise, I would be surprised if it much more than

High end Core2D's/low quads
              250/4850
              2gb ram

etc.

Comment

Ok. If you want to see that train wreck of a discussion, it is locked in the tech center, as it did contain useful information. Otherwise...

BF3 Specs anyone?

Comment

probably 2.8 C2D or 2.4 C2Q. dx11 card recommended. 2gb memory.

and most importantly, the ability to wait months (upto half a year) after the console versions' release and not be so pissed that you boycott.

Comment

DX11 doesn`t mean good graphics. It still all depends on artists/programmers. I doubt BF3 will look that much better than MC2.

If they pushed it to the limit, it would be Crysis all over (even worse as it`s DICE) with people moaning and having fits.

Comment

DirectX11 adds a little extra graphical quality, but it's main benefit is that it is a lot more efficient and easy to program in than it's predecessor.

Comment

I think Dx11 will add more detail to terrain and objects. Much cleaner look than dx10. Not only that, but now we get more efficient Graphics cards and I think Devs could add more than they could before.

Comment

Originally posted by M0t0rBreath
                          Imagine BF3 with Frostbite 2.0
                          I heard that BF3 will have its own brand new PC engine build from the ground up , and rightfully so , the frostbite engine might be ok for BC-2 on PC but its still a console engine and can't allow for the high number of players we are use to in PC Battlefield titles.

Comment

12 mths till the shiny ones make Dx11 real nice, 24+ omg

future is looking bright

PCGamers are v concerned about player numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by PCGamer121.
                              I heard that BF3 will have its own brand new PC engine build from the ground up , and rightfully so , the frostbite engine might be ok for BC-2 on PC but its still a console engine and can't allow for the high number of players we are use to in PC Battlefield titles.
                              There is no reason to say it can't handle more players, I suspect the consoles were the limiting factor rather than the engine.

However, I would obviously expect it to be tweaked, but not a whole new engine, it would cost too much and they have barely touched Frostbite.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                                There is no reason to say it can't handle more players, I suspect the consoles were the limiting factor rather than the engine.
                                24 players for console BC-2 and................
                                40 players for PC BC-2 says it can't handle what BF2 had (64 players ).

And seems we are meant to be moving forwards , BF3 should be able to handle atleast 80 players , but frostbite will not allow that , not even 64 players

Comment

Working...
                                X