Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The BF3 Speculation/Wishes Thread

Originally posted by LaikaSB
    I hope BF3 is everything BF2 was, minus the claymores and plus destructible environments. Oh, way less fog and some new game modes would be nice as well.
    BF2 + everything they learned from 2142.

Honestly I think they should take out jets. Unless we have huge maps, jet's won't feel right in the size of maps that BF2 has.

Tanks shouldn't have a one hit kill, they should be a powerful vehicle and take teamwork to take down. Like walkers in 2142.

Comment

• Like some others, I'd like to have many players. 64 is bare minimum, but BF3 should try to push it up to say 80 or 100. Map size and nof CPs (control points) should increase accordingly.
      • regarding destructible environment: most important here are that things like fences and road signs that should go down when I drive my tank into it. Ability to turn a whole village into rubble isn't worth the cost imo. Oh and btw, a jeep or DPV should be crushed too if a tanks over it.
      • Jets are a bit too dominant IMO and the number of TKs over the jet compared to the tank seems to agree. When the number of TKs is the same I'd say we have a balance . Adding and improving weapons to down them is a bit dangerous as everything that can kill a jet can a lot easier kill a chopper. Perhaps there are other ways. Actually if you had more planes on each sides perhaps they would keep each other busy for longer before they could engage ground targets. Seems the bomber/fighter differences could be increased a bit, making it harder for a fighter jet to attack ground but easier to kill a bomber jet.
      • At least one proper tank map and one flight map should be included. In BF2 maps, tanking tend to be about getting easy infantry kills and flight about getting easy tank kills. Tank vs tank is a different matter!
      • Also the baserape issue should be solved once and for all (attacking uncaps). Even if you have decided which side you're on, you have to agree it would be much better if the discussion could end. A simple idea would be to simply remove the uncaps and have all CPs cappable.
      • A server option where map size is chosen depending on how many players there are. Example: a 64 player server where the number of players have dropped to 32 (or other number) loads the 32-sized version of the map. Would ease the catch 22 situation where noone joins a server because of few people.
      • Another server option: randomize teams. I've never liked the team swap as it gives the illusion of balance while one team gets more and more stacked. A randomizer would dissolve teamsstacking as noone could know which side is best when the round just started. I've played on a few servers that have this and it's much more enjoyable because the games are more even. Since no team is stacked it's easier to switch side as well.
      • Buddylist.
      • A "no stat tracking" option if you want to be wild and careless. TKs could still be tracked.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
        If they get the movement right, "bunny hopping" won't be a problem.

In order to get over fences, small rocks or similar DICE made the jump height very high, which means that you can flip around, prone in midair and do all of these pretty silly (but to be fair rather fun) ways of dodging. That was why they removed the ability to shoot in midair, people would just jump around all day long and be very hard to hit.

In CoD for example you can hurdle most small fences and such in your way so the jumping height doesn't need to be as high - you also come to a stop after jumping so there's not that much of an advantage to it other than surprising someone, which makes it balanced.

As another example, you can jump and shoot in CS too, but you lose all your accuracy and also momentum. You can keep jumping after you've done the first jump, but you will not get anywhere unlike BF.
        They should do the jumping more like cs, not like the patches did for BF. The "restrictions" they put on the jumping in BF2 just made movement feel ridiculously clunky and un-natural. If they just took out random deviation, alot of these things wouldn't be a problem because guns will actually shoot where they are pointing too, and jumping would actually have an effect on your accuracy.

Originally posted by [7ID]B|SPC.JUNO{XX}[MI]
        IMO Being able to jump over and over is arcadey enough, along with diving and being able to shoot right away. I just dont see it adding to the game, if your jumping in the middle of a firefight, your doing something wrong. Its all irrelevant really as who knows what they will really do. Personally I'll take the slight break in the action being fluid as opposed to constantly getting killed by bunny hoppers.
        Bf2 is an arcade game, not a realism game, js.

Comment

about jets. how about limiting them to just a select one or two maps made for jet combat, or make 1 special map for dogfighting, like coral sea 1943? at least jet whores will get their fix somehow.

Comment

BF2 is a mix of arcade and realism. If you want pure arcade, play unreal. There is no reason to have the ability to jump and shoot, none. It serves no purpose whatsoever, if the hitboxes were fixed and dead on accurate people would not bunnyhop, as you would be getting shot and not be able to shoot back.

However the hitboxes aren't accurate, and it gives people an advantage, one they take full use out of. I don't give a crap if you jump all over the place, it just makes you look stupid, as long as I can kill you just as easily if you were on the ground, then no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by [7ID]B|SPC.JUNO{XX}[MI]
              BF2 is a mix of arcade and realism. If you want pure arcade, play unreal. There is no reason to have the ability to jump and shoot, none. It serves no purpose whatsoever, if the hitboxes were fixed and dead on accurate people would not bunnyhop, as you would be getting shot and not be able to shoot back.

However the hitboxes aren't accurate, and it gives people an advantage, one they take full use out of. I don't give a crap if you jump all over the place, it just makes you look stupid, as long as I can kill you just as easily if you were on the ground, then no problem.
              "The BF3 Speculation/Wishes Thread"

Comment

well about the jumping thing, i do like the COD4 style of the hurdling over obstacles. i can see dice work into BF something like this, ala Mirror's Edge movements. in fact, they have said before they want to implement mirror's edge type movements into future BF games.

Comment

Running on walls could be a bit extreme but sliding under obstacles and stuff like that would be sweet. BF could definitely learn a lot of ME.

Comment

Well until we no longer get stuck on small step-ups and railroad tracks, jumping is a necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                      Running on walls could be a bit extreme but sliding under obstacles and stuff like that would be sweet. BF could definitely learn a lot of ME.
                      The stuff you can do in AA3 would be nice, like combat slides and dives and the vault/mantle function so you can get over small obstacles without wasting your stamina.

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                      Well until we no longer get stuck on small step-ups and railroad tracks, jumping is a necessity.
                      That's because the collision meshes for those are like this

....... ____
                      ____|

but the stairs and other climbable obstacles are like this

.......____
                      ____/

Mapmakers could fix this problem, or the new engine could automatically calculate what you could step over.

Comment

I personally have no problems with player movements in BF2, I think they're fine as is, maybe they should get a little more sprint time.

Overall, I'd like to see the majority of improvements when it comes to class/vehicle balance and hit registration.

Comment

I got a great suggestion here:

How about the ability to sprint down stairs without loosing health?!

Comment

I think there should be a pro and a con for everything. For Ex jets. Make them where jets can be useful but not overpowered. They can be taken down more easily and that makes pilots think twice about going low in a jet. I think balance is very important and its what makes a game last long. Also diversity, I want plenty of vechicles, weapons, maps, weather, game modes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy
                              I want it to be on Steam :3
                              I gotta agree with this. Steam as become a hub for multiplayer gaming and would widen the market for the BF series.

Things I want to see in BF3:

*80 (or more) players
                              *Bigger maps
                              *More vehicles
                              *The return of naval vehicles
                              *More jungle maps
                              *Better mod support

Comment

How about this: could one random player/squad in each round be given a special mission to carry out (assigned by the game itself - not by an abomination like the "commander")? That player would be prompted at the start of the round and could then choose to accept the mission or not. The mission could be something like...eliminate the enemy commander....destroy 4 planes on the ground in the enemy main base...hold a specific CP for the entire round...or more MMORPG inspired - kill enemy engineers until you find the one that drops the "top secret tank blueprint"..at which point that tank becomes available to your team.

If you succeed in carrying out the mission, you get a lot of points but there should also be other advantages..maybe you could e.g. eventually get some kind of specific unlock once you have successfully completed x different kinds of such special missions.

Comment

Working...
                                X