Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Americans love PK-rockets so much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Americans love PK-rockets so much?

When I am online late at night and there are hardly any European servers with enough players, I occasionly hit some US servers.

What I tend to see is the over use of pk-rockets by nearly every medic, while using them as a spam weapon too. I hardly ever see anyone with the herzog too. Reminds me of the Euro servers a couple of years back when the game first came out. :laugh:

Not only that, I think the level of skill is much lower in the US. Dont get me wrong, there are some good players, but the majority of player are complete noobs. A much higher percentage than what you find on Euro servers.

Re: Why do Americans love PK-rockets so much?

Oh for the love of GOD not another european "pro" talking about how they are so elite at gaming. Seriously lock this thread before its too late. I have seen enough about PK's, and your opinion about american "gamers" is a little second hand... Honestly shaz your not good lol

Comment

At no point whatsoever did I say I was "pro" or how elite I am. And when have I ever played against you for you to say I am not good?

Anyway, was trying to get a more mature answer from people and find out why they use the rockets more often. Maybe it's a mindframe sort of thing, or maybe there is a higher population of US to Euro gamers, so you get alot more noobs...etc.

If it bothered you so much, you didn't even have to reply. You could have just ignored this thread :thumbsup:

Comment

Actually over the past month a lot of people have switched to the ZoG
        Maybe because those Pr0w guys started the trend but idk

Comment

Originally posted by o_hothead_o
          Actually over the past month a lot of people have switched to the ZoG
          Maybe because those Pr0w guys started the trend but idk
          The same thing happened over here actually. Nearly everyone, even myself, was using rockets. Then over time it seems to have been phased out somehow and alot more people are using the herzog.

Maybe it's to do with clanmod here.

Comment

I imagine it's more likely to do with the fact that for clanned members fighting in leagues over there, their rules are (as far as I know, correct me if wrong) full unlocks. So there's no point restricting their kits on public either. That and since clan-league members are *generally speaking* higher scoring players on servers, plenty of players will generally try to mimick their weaponry use. Is a theory, could easily be wrong though.

Europe still has a fair chunk of rocket spammers though, but only really on the 64 man inf servers. I do remember the times a year back and earlier were it was almost mandatory to use them... simply because everyone else was and you couldn't fight back without spam.

I wonder what Asia servers are like.....

Comment

it got repetitive thats why its fading away. it was the guilty pleasure of 64 man camp g servers. you could rack up unbelievable # of kills just spamming rockets into hard to reach areas.

Comment

Well I think its more of a casual game play type thing, I mean people use em cause they are there... most people dont care if its easy, just like RDX whores, they play to kill and have fun whatever that may be... but "Not only that, I think the level of skill is much lower in the US" really doesnt make sense to me, Ive played in Euro servers with very high ping and have been amazed by the same idiocy ive seen in my local servers. The only difference was I wasnt dodging as many rockets, therefore got some easier kills

Comment

kidz use rockets for lots of reasons.

here would be 3 big ones:
                  1 they are the "play to win" type that dont care if they use noob guns to win because they just won it doesnt matter if it takes less skill
                  2 they have a bad gaming rig and realized that its alot easier to kill people with rokits than it is to bullit them
                  3 they legitimately beleive that herzog is a bs weapon up close akin to rockets at long range.

personally i just think the game is more fun without rockets and i want to be a pwnr poser and feel LEET and use the herzog. more fun fun. rokkits are just kind of a boring buzzkill imo in this game

you want to see some hardcore bomb spam watch iconic when they are scrimming. rockets are what come out of thier assault rifles and then they are smart bomb accurate with grenades but then when it comes to actually shooting they kind of fall on thier faces.

at the end of our scrimming i [[kind of]] said 'got dan truckin freetards' after we beat them and then i cracked myself up and they left and stuff.

Comment

That, or they're at South Town Center on Cerbere and they're tired of getting nadespammed by the EU camping on the balcony.

Comment

why do europeans whine about americans so much?

Comment

any asian gamers like to give us some insight on how it is on their servers?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                          why do europeans whine about americans so much?
                          penis envy.

Comment

Why do Europeans generalize much more than Americans?

And while we're at it, why do we all find a game we love, and then spend the next several years dismissing specific aspects of it as being noobish?

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder
                              penis envy.
                              Oh nooooo! Lock it now lock it now....

:locked:

Comment

Working...
                              X