X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: They're going to be adding an insta-prone accuracy penalty

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
    And it took them 4 years to fix it.
    This is the first BF2 patch that DICE Sweden has been involved in (so I'm told). Prior to this one, all patching for BF2 was done at DICE Canada, who was unable, for whatever reason, to patch out the instaprone thing. I'm guessing this is why it wasn't in BF2142 from the start, since AFAIK that was made at DICE Sweden also.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
      This is the first BF2 patch that DICE Sweden has been involved in (so I'm told). Prior to this one, all patching for BF2 was done at DICE Canada, who was unable, for whatever reason, to patch out the instaprone thing. I'm guessing this is why it wasn't in BF2142 from the start, since AFAIK that was made at DICE Sweden also.
      I'm just surprised they never noticed it during development, or that they couldn't fix it with access to the engine as it was being built.

Comment

I'm just surprised they never noticed it during development, or that they couldn't fix it with access to the engine as it was being built.
        Lots of things slip through the cracks, I guess. Take the AA tracking system from 1.0, where missiles would never hit ANY jets, and then after they 'fixed' it, it hits everything except the J-10. Check the differences on the collision meshes and heat signatures for the J-10 vs. the F35B and you'll see how radically different those two jets are made, and from what I've heard the F35 was the first jet made in BF2 and they never went back and changed its mesh and/or signature after modeling the other jets. And how about how the sniper-PKM made it through the patch phase which gave the PKM the same first-shot accuracy as that of the SVD. Certainly someone was asleep on the job there (although that was DICE Canada I suppose).

And looking back, I guess DICE Canada really liked sniper machineguns. Anyone remember the 1.0 version of the M60 in BF:V? :shock:

Comment

some things never get fixed even though they want to. cough EU transport gun cough. doesn't mean the devs wanted it that way.

insta prone is ridiculous imo. but yeah we all do it cuz we have to, in order to survive. it's either insta prone or be killed. still it has no place in this game.

Comment

If you rage when you get instaprone killed, then :laugh:.
            No, I don't. Sorry.

Originally posted by AmericanDad
            I love to think millions of kids like angry german kid are rageing because I shoot them instaprone.
            That kid has some serious, serious, problems. But, you are not so far away m8.

BF2 is a game. Games should be amusing for all players. For those that lose and for those that are winning. But to play a game in a way that is making someone enraged just so you can have some amusing fantasy … I found that deeply disturbing.

:salute:

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
            Whether we as players think it should be in the game is irrelevant at this point, because DICE is removing it based on their never wanting it to have been there in the first place.
            True ... True :thumbsup:

Comment

I dare you to watch Spermcube's PR rageing videos on youtube and not find them funny... I don't agree with his griefing and ruining of other people's gameplay, but you just gotta laugh anyway.

I don't do any of that. I, however, reserve the right to find hilarity in making players rage as a result of me doing a totally legal manouver in the game. No hacks, glitches... just the way the game is coded. And kiddies break their keyboards because of that. How is that not f....g funny? i guess it's down to a sense of humour. However I resent mr X's accusation of not 'being far away' from the rage kiddies. My pleasure in making them rage is entireley reasonable, for the aforementioned reasons.

Comment

on the note of driving game griefers: becomes a new level of fun to finish the race - more grief the better, less rage

Comment

Working...
                X