Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're going to be adding an insta-prone accuracy penalty

Originally posted by Bazajaytee
    (link) OK so the jumping is back at 0.3 second delay.
    However thats not the end of this, we have taken a leaf out of BF2142's book and now added deviation when going prone. So while it'll be possible to prone in the air you'll lose your aim accuracy in exchange.
    Originally posted by Bazajaytee
    (link) It was broken, DICE Canada tried to remove dolphin diving a number of times. Now you can still dolphin dive but you pay the penalty of accuracy.
    When you are prone you will get your increased accuracy but after a brief moment of losing it by changing stance.
    I suggested this before since BF42, BF:V, and BF2142 all worked this way but Baza said it wasn't possible to do without an egregious amount of coding changes. Guess they found a way.

Wonder how this will pan out. :shock:

Re: They're going to be adding an insta-prone accuracy penalty

Doesnt bother me one bit. More reason to use the crouch button. I think this is definitely a step in the right direction and balances out the game.

Comment

Its been like that in PR for ages.... I hardly ever see insta-proning in that.

Comment

No it hasn´t.

Comment

That is the perfect solution IMO.

I'm glad they found a way to actually make that fix. All previous comments from DICE indicated that too much code changes would be needed to integrate that into BF2 from 2142.

Comment

eh so it was a lie about being too hard to make it like 2142?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
              eh so it was a lie about being too hard to make it like 2142?
              Either that or just an overestimation. Whatever it was, they either found an easier way or decided that it was worth putting their time into that as a way of fixing the dolphin/instaprone/whatever issue than just patch it up with unnecessary movement delays. Movement delays bad, accuracy delays good. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by zone36
              That is the perfect solution IMO.

I'm glad they found a way to actually make that fix. All previous comments from DICE indicated that too much code changes would be needed to integrate that into BF2 from 2142.
              Did you ever play the BF2142 demo? I remember it well because it remains as a source of amusement. As most of the people who played the demo back when it was new were BF2 vets, they instinctively instaproned upon seeing an enemy, and most of the time they would empty their whole mag and not even score a single hit on someone. Most people learned right away that instaproning no longer worked and that crouch was (and rightfully should be) the way to go for medium and closer-ranged combat situations. it's like they're slowly taking all the best things about BF2142 and mixing them with the awesomeness of BF2 to create a truly kickarse game. Between this and being able to at least prone safely past claymores, BF2 infantry combat may not actually make me *facepalm* anymore! :yay:

Now if they could just do something about the whole aircraft vs. everything else issue...

Comment

Finaly a good solution to an old problem. Much better than prone delay.

:thumbsup: DICE :yay: :salute:

Comment

If this is indeed true, I'm glad they found what I think is a "proper" solution.

Want to throw yourself on the ground quickly in a defensive move? Go ahead.

Do that same tactic as an offensive maneuver, however, and you're paying a big accuracy penalty that probably negates the "surprise" factor of the dive.

A player would (hopefully) be far better off standing/crouching instead of flopping. I like that...incentive not to dive, instead of just preventing the action.

Comment

This is definitely good news, though as Wolf said, let's see how this pans out. If they do this right, they will have hopefully fixed one of my major gripes with BF2 and made infantry combat fun again.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                      Did you ever play the BF2142 demo? I remember it well because it remains as a source of amusement. As most of the people who played the demo back when it was new were BF2 vets, they instinctively instaproned upon seeing an enemy, and most of the time they would empty their whole mag and not even score a single hit on someone. Most people learned right away that instaproning no longer worked and that crouch was (and rightfully should be) the way to go for medium and closer-ranged combat situations. it's like they're slowly taking all the best things about BF2142 and mixing them with the awesomeness of BF2 to create a truly kickarse game. Between this and being able to at least prone safely past claymores, BF2 infantry combat may not actually make me *facepalm* anymore! :yay:
                      Never played 2142 (demo or full), but that is pretty funny. The prone-delay solution that DICE initially proposed was just a BAD idea for a number of reasons (most obviously, as you stated, because it handicapped even normal movement outside of the issue), and never was a true fix. I understand it was the easier way to go, but not the right way to go. I must admit, I'm pleasantly shocked that DICE put in the extra (free) work on this one to make it correct. Kudos.

I, too, am stoked about that claymore change. I didn't even know that "issue" was on the table and being looked into. Makes loads of sense, seeing as how it was always frustrating when you would know a claymore was blocking a flag, but had no way of getting around it. This way, too, it isn't nerfed to the point where it becomes useless as a weapon and still covers the majority of infantry running around oblivious and tripping it. Forces the Snipers to be more tactical in their placements. Win-win as far as I am concerned.

Comment

:awes

What happened to, "too hard, engine can't handle it," DICE?

Originally posted by Whiskey
                        If this is indeed true, I'm glad they found what I think is a "proper" solution.

Want to throw yourself on the ground quickly in a defensive move? Go ahead.

Do that same tactic as an offensive maneuver, however, and you're paying a big accuracy penalty that probably negates the "surprise" factor of the dive.

A player would (hopefully) be far better off standing/crouching instead of flopping. I like that...incentive not to dive, instead of just preventing the action.
                        QFT. That's what I've been saying too. In 2142, people still dive, but they are use it more defensively, and it's a lot easier to win against them than in BF2.

Comment

Final changes to the game are looking good now, hope all this dev time isn't because this is the last patch to a Battlefield only PC title??

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l
                            hope all this dev time isn't because this is the last patch to a Battlefield only PC title??
                            I'd hardly call it a "all this dev time" when there are only 3 people working on it and one of those is mainly a mapper.

Comment

Thank ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X