This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are PK Rockets 'n00bie'

In order to not get the other topic side tracked, here is a thread to let it all out.

I try to just limit the use for snipers at a far distance, enemies that run behind cover or a group of enemies.

I really hate when an enemy is 23 ft away from me, he can easily shoot me, but he rockets me instead. That's when i say "What a n00b!"

Re: Are PK Rockets 'n00bie'

PK Rockets, or "why you're not invincible behind cover with your box of nades".

Comment

i think pk rockets are nooby. they are anti skill. if you know how to take cover, keep your eyes open, everything gets ruined by pk rockets. if someone is camping somewhere you better use your brains and flank him and get him from there. this requires more skill and helps you be better aid for your team. all good spots are easely nadeable if you are skilled with grenades. also if you think it is unfair that someone has cover it is your fault not his. you better find better cover, get more teamwork going on to defeat the camper(s), or flank him. if you are good you will always find ways to do whatever you need to do without nooby pk rockets. pk rockets are "oh i am to lazy to think and aim good, lets just trow some pk and it will get the job done".

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
        EDIT
        Also, try to ignore the fact that i wrote "Rap" instead of "Rep" on the poll. lol
        Fixed.

I think PK rockets are ok, but they're too easy to spam and doesn't really contribute to gameplay in a good way I think... But they're only really a problem in infantry only. They're not a problem at all in vehicle maps.

Comment

I only use gun and herzog. If you stay away from rockets long enough, it will improve your aim.

If someone is far and or hiding behind something, I change my gun to single shot and have a nice battle of skills.

Comment

I think that if you are getting killed a lot by pk rockets, then you need to look at the way YOU are playing. Don't blame the rockets. And if you are playing in a decent squad, then you will probably be revived anyway.

PK rockets also make snipers less powerful. I shouldn't have to become a sniper to kill a distant sniper. (And yes, I can shoot my gun, but a good sniper is not going to let you get off the 4 or 5 shots from an assault gun before he kills you -- keep in mind I'm talking about snipers that are up high and distant).

Having said that, I still think the rockets are too powerful. They should increase the minimum distance from 20 to 30 meters.

Comment

PK rockets are only noobie if you don't like them. To be honest, there's plenty of situations where they're a legitimate weapon (killing FAV's, static cannons quickly, and assaulting titan corridors), and simply because they're an easy weapon to get kills with, it's the age old "if it's easy, it's noob". Bugger that tbh.

The real noobs are those who can't pre-empt a barrage of PK rockets coming in their direction and move away from their campy point. 90% of the time unless the server is a thorough spam-fest (where you can't really concentrate) you actually deserve to be killed by PK's if you do get killed by them. I don't generally use PK rockets in game as I want to do my part in stopping the spamfest, but whilst I might cringe a bit if I get killed by one there's absolutely no point making a big deal about it. I'll leave that to the 12 year old rage-quit kiddies.

I do think that the clip size is far too generous though. Hence why they are the weapons of spam instead of actually encouraging people to make a better contribution to the battlefield, and also why having them in clan matches is a bit of a skill-dodger. I don't think the weapon is noobie, I think the way it's used by most people is though, just a glorified grenade launcher.

Gotta laugh when you walk round a corner to see joe public wet himself at your arrival and start panic firing PK's at point blank with impending failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn
                The real noobs are those who can't pre-empt a barrage of PK rockets coming in their direction and move away from their campy point.
                You make a good point there. Very often I rocket someone and they just stand there and let themselves get hit by 3 or even at times 4 rockets without moving. I just hear the first rocket pop me and i try to haul *** out of where i am.

Comment

Originally posted by sempf
                  i think pk rockets are nooby. they are anti skill. if you know how to take cover, keep your eyes open, everything gets ruined by pk rockets. if someone is camping somewhere you better use your brains and flank him and get him from there. this requires more skill and helps you be better aid for your team. all good spots are easely nadeable if you are skilled with grenades. also if you think it is unfair that someone has cover it is your fault not his. you better find better cover, get more teamwork going on to defeat the camper(s), or flank him. if you are good you will always find ways to do whatever you need to do without nooby pk rockets. pk rockets are "oh i am to lazy to think and aim good, lets just trow some pk and it will get the job done".
                  ^ this sums it up pretty well

Originally posted by Shazanelli
                  . If you stay away from rockets long enough, it will improve your aim.

i agree with this. if you dont use rockets for a while you WILL out of necessity become a better shot

Originally posted by Lolyn

Gotta laugh when you walk round a corner to see joe public wet himself at your arrival and start panic firing PK's at point blank with impending failure.
                  you have a point with how people need to learn how to dodge pk's and all that but still this is the only game ive seen with a really goofy weapon like this.

Comment

They are noob. Most of the time they don't bother me until they start getting spammed in a server and there are rockets coming from all directions so that you can't even move anywhere. I find it annoying when I am across a ledge from someone and they decide to rocket me rather than use the skill of a one-on-one rifle fight. I usually kill those people, only to end up dead when their rockets reach me. It really took no skill to point and click to send those rockets my way. IMO, rockets would not be so bad if they did less damage or the clip was only half the size. Then they might be spammed less and we could get on with playing the game.

Comment

The real noobs are those who can't pre-empt a barrage of PK rockets coming in their direction and move away from their campy point. 90% of the time unless the server is a thorough spam-fest (where you can't really concentrate) you actually deserve to be killed by PK's if you do get killed by them
                      i must agree with this statement. if you see pk rockets, and dont run off, you deserve to get killed by them. but then you also have pk rockets who get shot randomly around corners when you are trying to sneak through. this is a major pain in the *** for people who try to save their team from a outcap(especially at ruins-central it is a rocket/nadefest). and then you have the 1 rocket insta kills i have seen/had. if a rockets is heading for you but it is safer to take the shot and lose 50 health than run off and die in spray you stay there. and then one rockets drops your hp from 100 to 0 and you are still dead:S.

Comment

I've seen an increase in the amount of people who seemingly use PKs as their primary weapon and only go to their rifle if they're out of rockets. It almost seems like people CBA to crouch and burst fire anymore and would rather just launch egregious amounts of rockets at you instead. It's nooby in the sense that people can use them as a crutch and therefore not have to try as hard to get kills when it's far easier to just spam rockets at anything that moves instead of l2aim. People who use them tactically and situationally don't bother me, it's the tards that run around with the rockets out all the time. Generally, though, the people that spam rockets 24/7 I've found are the more braindead example of the playerbase, as they generally don't shoot them tactically, but rather stand out in the open and just let the barrage fly. Like mess mentioned, it's not really hard to kill rocket spammers, but chances are they will kill you post mortem since they had the chance to fire enough rockets to spam out a kill.

Then again I can't complain too much, I whore the Herzog and probably get 25-35% of my 'rifle' kills with it. <3 Herzog.

Comment

One silly problem affecting any remote chance of getting PK's mag-size/no-of-mags altered is the fact that PK and herzog ammo are linked. I was thinking that perhaps only allowing 2 rockets in a clip (thus you have to use them more strategically, not feel free to spam up to 4 of them) and reducing the number of mags might help them be used more as a support weapon...

Then I realised that this would inherently fudge up the herzog (which albeit handy, can be unpredictable and weak at times). Of course all this is silly talk given I seriously don't expect any weapon patches this late in the game, but if one was ever made, they'd have to think about these things.

Tbh - give up, bring out a shuko and shoot the rockets out of the air

Comment

I just flip out on public as a couple may know from TS...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X