X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Squad Members Are Sooooooooooo Hard To Come By

Originally posted by Abs0lute_Zero
    Thats why I usually am the squad leader, and I only let people that I think are good, in my squad. Like, if its me and field in a server, we will be in the same squad and i'll lock it cause the other retarded squad members just give away our position and act stupid. I think the best thing to do is to find one or two people that know how to play, and just stick with em.
    That much I think is a bit counter-productive. By all means prioritise your squad with players and boot the really unhelpful ones but locking it can be detrimental. That and having more squad members if you're a DECENT squad leader increases chances of revival, and even if they're bad, provided they spawn on you whilst you're flag capping it can makes things all the more easier (even if the noobs can act as bait so you can kill the enemies once they've given away their positions by killing your SM's).

It helps your team in so much that you are more likely to put more of your team in the right place at the right time, rather than letting them join some other silly squad where they just mill about general areas of the battlefield not helping at all.

Thaaaat and it can potentially stop you from meeting players that are actually helpful. I believe there's more pros than cons to having a full squad anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn
      That much I think is a bit counter-productive. By all means prioritise your squad with players and boot the really unhelpful ones but locking it can be detrimental. That and having more squad members if you're a DECENT squad leader increases chances of revival, and even if they're bad, provided they spawn on you whilst you're flag capping it can makes things all the more easier (even if the noobs can act as bait so you can kill the enemies once they've given away their positions by killing your SM's).

It helps your team in so much that you are more likely to put more of your team in the right place at the right time, rather than letting them join some other silly squad where they just mill about general areas of the battlefield not helping at all.

Thaaaat and it can potentially stop you from meeting players that are actually helpful. I believe there's more pros than cons to having a full squad anyway.
      Completely agree. There's nothing I hate worse than a locked squad. If you're a squad leader and one of your squad members isn't following orders or is off in asshat land somewhere, just kick them. You never know when a good player will come along. The only time to lock a squad is if you and your buddy want to gunship. Then by all means lock the squad or at least don't be squad leader. Nothing annoys me more thn a squad leader that always flying around in a gunship.

Personally, squad play is the highlight of this game for me. I'm always looking for good squads and do my best to follow orders and communicate with my squad leader. If I'm looking to respawn, i always check to see which kits are needed before I do, etc. Makes the game much more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
        Personally, squad play is the highlight of this game for me. I'm always looking for good squads and do my best to follow orders and communicate with my squad leader. If I'm looking to respawn, i always check to see which kits are needed before I do, etc. Makes the game much more fun.
        Aiiight. Apart from that, the Krylov is always needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
          Completely agree. There's nothing I hate worse than a locked squad. If you're a squad leader and one of your squad members isn't following orders or is off in asshat land somewhere, just kick them. You never know when a good player will come along. The only time to lock a squad is if you and your buddy want to gunship. Then by all means lock the squad or at least don't be squad leader. Nothing annoys me more thn a squad leader that always flying around in a gunship.

if you ever see a squad called Valkyrie its mine and i would love to get a decent squad member so if you ever see it come on down

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane
            What if your CO has a plan in mind? What if your SL has a plan in mind? What if your SL let you know of his intentions? What if your CO has something special he wants you to do? What if your superior has a genuine and honest intent?

Will you actually listen to him or you will completely disregard his point of view?
            I almost never listen to him... I mean sometimes I hit page up so he stops asking me to go places but thats about it.

Originally posted by socko7
            Oh my god...I see it now....your aura...Its like being in the presence of a super human being,,,Do people have to avert their eyes at the mini mart when they come and cash their checks.It must be absolutely wonderful being you.
            lol Im not sure where you are coming from, I never said I was good or anything, just that a squad full of fools can mess things up. I am sorry if people actually get offended, but I guess thats their problem :laugh:

Comment

I almost never listen to him... I mean sometimes I hit page up so he stops asking me to go places but thats about
              I couldn't find a polite way to go about it, so I'll be direct.

You are the cancer that's killing BF2142.

Comment

I couldn't find a polite way to go about it, so I'll be direct.

You are the cancer that's killing BF2142.
                Slightly OffTopic:
                Tbh I find it extremely annoying when I'm SL and the Commander tells me to "Attack this position" when I've already told my squad mates to attack it, and he repeatedly spams me with "PAGE UP for Yes PAGE DOWN for No".
                Single player Commander is the worst...

Comment

I agree and what the hell is that Hello Kitty Cutie world Game, Xfire says you are playing.

Comment

lol... whats killing 2142 is EA and its lack of support. Do you really think someone is gonna say "Damn nobody accepts my orders... im uninstalling." I mean I play in TG and its wayyy too structured. I enjoy playing with players that will revive me, and know what they are doing. I have a plan when im going to play, I really dont need the commander telling me what to do. Im sorry if that seems like im being selfish or something, but hell, i dont care...

Comment

You are being selfish. Want to play a game where you can do what you want that isnt team based ? Play COD. Battlefield is about, and always has been about teamplay and working together. There is the option for squads for a reason. When your alone, I will remind my squad to kill you over and over, and the one guy you do manage to kill , guess what, he is getting revived, your not. Your also probally going to get his nuts in your face.

Comment

Ive read so many wrong things in this thread that I cant comment on any of them due to teamwork-avoided overload.

Comment

lol... whats killing 2142 is EA and its lack of support.
                          DICE has already given players more patches and bugfixes than the average non-subscription game. DICE could've chosen not to make any patches at all. There have been games in the same genre that have received support that would make DICE a saint in comparison. Hell, there have been online games that have gone down under in less than a year. Yep. Players have bought a shiny new game only for it to end up being playable for 12 months. Meanwhile, BF2142 is well into its third year and the servers are still active.

Do you really think someone is gonna say "Damn nobody accepts my orders... im uninstalling."
                          I sure as hell did. I see absolutely no fun in trying to get a teamwork going on when everyone not only disregards my input and suggestions, but goes so far as to take a **** right into my hands in responds.

I enjoy playing with players that will revive me, and know what they are doing. I have a plan when im going to play, I really dont need the commander telling me what to do. Im sorry if that seems like im being selfish or something, but hell, i dont care...
                          Translation: "I expect people to help me whenever I need them but I will make no effort to contribute to my team as a whole."

Let's pretend I hop on a server full of people like you (OH WAIT-)

Nobody listens to the CO.

Nobody listens to the SL.

Everyone is all over the map, applying his own definition of "being good", which radically varies from one player to the next.

Organized enemy squad comes in and picks off all those would-be players one by one.

So in the end, you are nothing but a self-glorified lone wolf and your business is anywhere but on this game.

And at the end of the game, when everyone's dead and gone, the whole team wonders why it lost...

So in the end, it's a team game where everyone takes a piss on the definition of team and plays it like Quake III Arena.

In the end, you're just like every obnoxious lonewolf player I've ever met and kicked out of my squad.

Comment

What if your CO has a plan in mind? What if your SL has a plan in mind? ?
                            shurikane, people do not have plans. especially in mind:laugh:

Originally posted by Quemical
                            I agree and what the hell is that Hello Kitty Cutie world Game, Xfire says you are playing.
                            XXDD:laugh:

"Damn nobody accepts my orders... im uninstalling."
                            :laugh:

but anyways the commander is really more for giving aid and showing the enemies location not really for following his orders i mean if im just rolling around as SL and he pops a "assault this postion" on me and its close ill go "yeah maybe" and press page up

but if its one of those "move to this position" Orrrr "REPAIRS TO THIS POSTIOn" i hit page down really quick

Comment

Everyone is all over the map, applying his own definition of "being good", which radically varies from one player to the next.
                              Zero plays SL and likes to take flags. He is an excellent attribute to any team.

Organized enemy squad comes in and picks off all those would-be players one by one.

the only time i have ever seen total organization is in TWL, and have you played in TWL?

this whole teamwork thing you are talking about and ''organized'' squads what exactly makes them effective?

and then how does following commander orders result in your team winning? when normally you are going to do what you know is going to help your team win anyways..

Comment

Yeah the only time I ever use REAL teamwork and strats is in a scrim... When you go from that to a pub server, you realise how inevitably sloppy it is. I never said that I don't play to win, I just said that I dont follow other peoples orders. I am probably more efficient in a server towards my team winning then you anyway shurikane so I dont know why your getting all pissy

Comment

Working...
                                X