DICE visits Swedish Armed Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DICE visits Swedish Armed Forces

The DICE team visit the Swedish military in a training exercise to record sound and videos for a Battlefield game. The article is on the Swedish military's website.

During the few days of combat training did Dice audio and video recordings. The raw material that was recorded will be used in the production of a new computer game. It was [DICE] who turned to the Armed Forces in order to get an authentic basis for the game. Defense will in turn be included in the so-called credit list in the finished production.
    Tyvärr kan sidan du försökte nå inte hittas. Det kan bero på att sidan är borttagen eller att adressen i webbläsaren är felstavad. Kontrollera gärna stavningen och försök igen.

It's in Swedish, here's the Google translation. http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Thanks to Moep for posting it here.

Re: DICE visits Swedish Armed Forces

'A Battlefield game'? I'm guessing BC2, since isn't Heroes and 1943 mostly done already? Unless they mean a new game entirely...

...screw it, not gonna get my hopes up just yet.

Comment

Maybe a hint BF3 has started, I think so. We may see serious results in 18mths?

peeps are getting anchious PC gaming is dying, are you helping?

Comment

Battlefield scandinavia here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
          Battlefield scandinavia here we come!
          Battlefield IKEA, here we come!

Comment

So that's where they tape those silly moans and tranny oooooh's.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin
              Battlefield IKEA, here we come!
              Hahah that'd be just awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon
                Hahah that'd be just awesome!
                Yes, the first "First Person Shooter" where we run around an IKEA store throwing the latest items in Scandinavian houseware at each other! A nice head shot with a table lamp; get someone's dog tag by skewering them with a dinner fork, et cetera.

Just been there this afternoon, in fact. A laptop desk for my wife and eight cans of Swedish beer for me (just opened my second).

Comment

Well i doubt it'll be BC2 or 1943 because they are near completion (relatively) and it would most likely be a project that is slightly realistic. So, perhaps a BF3?

Then again, i don't really know the stages in game development. Maybe BC2 used basic sounds until now and they're due to be switched with these more realistic ones.

Comment

Dunno tbh, you could be right, they'd just be useing place holders for the sound up until now and are now getting to the real thing, kinda late to do this for BC2?

I also hope it's not BF3 in a way, only because I feel a modern weapon scenario is much harder to balance, whilst keeping the right arcade\realism balance. Only while concidering the more-like paper\rock\sissors\ scope WWII gives imho.

gah, who cares, i'm not that picky

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l
                      kinda late to do this for BC2?
                      Not at all. BC2 will have the best sound yet in any Battlefield game.

On that note: there are plenty of improvements over BC1 in BC2. Our software engineers have put an insane amount of work into Frostbite since BC1.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli
                        Not at all.
                        There are plenty of improvements over BC1 in BC2. Our software engineers have put an insane amount of work into Frostbite since BC1.
                        I think we have our answer then!

I really look forward to seeing the first video tomorrow (it is tomorrow right, I haven't been keeping up with the news!).

Want to tell us anything about the PC version of BC2 Pirelli?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                          Want to tell us anything about the PC version of BC2 Pirelli?

Am wanting to know about the pc version, will it be a console port Pirelli ???

Comment

Originally posted by **L96A1**
                            Am wanting to know about the pc version, will it be a console port Pirelli ???
                            You can't automatically assume console ports are bad. CoD4 is technically one, yet a lot of people like it

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                              You can't automatically assume console ports are bad. CoD4 is technically one, yet a lot of people like it

Am not assume its going to be bad, i just don't like them, also i HATE COD4, not beacuse its a port like you say, but because its '' run & gun ''.

Comment

Working...
                              X