• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DICE visits Swedish Armed Forces

The sound in BC2 should be brilliant, can't wait

Comment

At a website i visited yesterday, it said that the sound recording was for 1943, whitch i think is wrong or a lie, as WW2 weapons will sound no where near weapons of today, and i can't see the sweedish army useing 60 odd year old weapons

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        At a website i visited yesterday, it said that the sound recording was for 1943, whitch i think is wrong or a lie, as WW2 weapons will sound no where near weapons of today, and i can't see the sweedish army useing 60 odd year old weapons
        No but they probably have a bunch of old weapons laying around anyway You want to stock up on as many different kinds of weapons as possible, in case you need it for... something

Comment

Audio is usually locked after alpha. Which BC2 could be in around now.

Comment

I like the way you say ...............................
            Originally posted by iQue
            case you need it for... something
            LOL, makes it sound funny

Comment

Originally posted by Juno[XX]
              Audio is usually locked after alpha. Which BC2 could be in around now.
              That's right audio is usually the last thing being done before beta testing. So the best guess would be Bad Company 2.

In alpha and pre alpha it's usually place holders before the complete fx sounds are done.

Comment

In the same manner as the graphics in BF1943, I think basic clips are used and then later in production, probably late alpha, early beta, more advanced sounds and textures are added in.

That's just a guess though.

Comment

If the sound in BC2 is half as good as what i have heard on BC1 videos on you tube, then we are all in for a brilliant game.

Comment

Beta means all assets are complete, and just require testing.

Comment

Beta means all assets are complete, and just require testing.
                      Unfortunately, the definitions of Alpha and Beta are different for different companies, and sometimes even different studios within a company. Alpha/Beta at EA studios are not necessarily the same at Activision's, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                        it also hates x-fi cards and cannot be played in x-fi mode on vista on many PC setups.
                        and cannot be played in x-fi mode on vista on many PC setups.

and cannot be played on vista.

vista.

:hmm:

Comment

As we are refering to an EA game, and I used to be employed at said EA, the definition of Beta is quite correct, but yes its not an industry standard.

Comment

As we are refering to an EA game, and I used to be employed at said EA, the definition of Beta is quite correct, but yes its not an industry standard.
                            Even within EA, it is different from some studios to others. At some studios, Alpha means all features are implemented and fully open for testing, with some non-critical placeholder assets allowed. At these same studios, Beta is first declared when all testplans are complete, there are no outstanding crash/freeze/legal or other Class A bugs, and all remaining issues are deemed shippable by Production.

This is the first "Beta". If a major issue is found, then a certain amount of testing time is needed on the fix before the next Beta can be declared. And so on, until it reaches Final and is then submitted to CQC.

So, at the studio you worked at, Beta may have meant all assets complete and needed testing, but at others under the EA umbrella, that was closer to an Alpha definition.

Comment

You have to remember games development works in cycles, just because it's late beta doesn't mean they can't find an error, fix it and have to go back to early beta again.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                                You have to remember games development works in cycles, just because it's late beta doesn't mean they can't find an error, fix it and have to go back to early beta again.
                                Like BF: heroes and the BF2 1.5 patch?

Comment

Working...
                                X