DICE visits Swedish Armed Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DICE visits Swedish Armed Forces

I had the crackling issue when I had an NForce 4 motherboard. I haven't gotten it since I got my X48 board. Back when I still had the problem, it would start with horrible crackling and progress to sound looping that culminated in a full-on lockup. Then it would BSOD. It happened EVERY SINGLE TIME I tried to play in X-Fi mode.
    BF2 was the only game that had the issue, too. Considering it was one of the only games to even tout special X-Fi features, I found that ironic.
    So, for people who still have this problem, I feel your pain. I hope there is a totally new sound engine, as well.

Comment

The BF games are the only ones where I can't use hardware sound

True story

Comment

yeah both BF2 and BF2142 have this x-fi audio issue (and the problem isn't exclusive to nforce boards, since i don't have one). these 2 BF games happens to be the only games i've ever owned that features a "x-fi mode". you would think they would get together and figure things out but apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
          no duh you have to have it on game mode to even select x-fi mode. but once i choose it, my audio goes haywire, the crackling you mention. basically it's unplayable on x-fi mode due to this. that's what i meant.
          XtremeAudio doesn't support X-Fi mode fyi

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
            XtremeAudio doesn't support X-Fi mode fyi
            i never said i had xtreme audio. i have a true x-fi card.

Comment

max for BF2 - 128 voices available

who cares, p00p 0ff

Comment

Apolagies for the harsh delivery, I dare say DISLIKE the stupid bankers [risk knowing].

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                  i never said i had xtreme audio. i have a true x-fi card.
                  In which case i would go about reinstalling drivers, because it should work absolutely fine with a proper X-Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                    In which case i would go about reinstalling drivers, because it should work absolutely fine with a proper X-Fi
                    for the last time, it doesn't work fine. it has static crackling noise problem, if you don't believe me, google it and maybe you'll understand. not every setup has the problem, but i have it, so believe it. creative has already come out and admitted they can't figure out a way to fix it, but they acknowledged the problem ever since the release. stop being so thick.

Comment

Maybe you misunderstood each other

Hardware -> High
                      Most/all xfi setups work fine

Creative -> Ultra High
                      Some setups have this crackling problem. Some are fine. Cause not really known

Minmaster, have you tried using PCI latency tool? I have seen some reports claiming it helped

Comment

Minmaster - have you updated your BF2 OpenAL dll file?
                        That did the trick for me...

Comment

What version of openal.dll do you have? There are many versions floating around

Comment

If they are recording sounds for BC2 lets hope the sounds are better than BC1, because them sounds were meant to be brilliant from what i have heard, and we don't want to be going backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi
                              What version of openal.dll do you have? There are many versions floating around
                              The version that fixed the problems for me was the one from Creative's Developer homepage.

Comment

openAL is not the fix to the problem. i have the latest version of it. if you go to creative's support forums, they will say this has something to do with motherboards/dual channel memory. not that i believe them, but openAL is not the solution to the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X