Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could ARMA 2 be the true successor to Battlefield 2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could ARMA 2 be the true successor to Battlefield 2?

Originally posted by Indecisi0n
    yeah i just recently put the system together and will be overclocking soon. The vid card is fine for now but i def looking at them sweet 295GTX , maybe santa will bring me one. :thumbsup:
    Heh, why in your sig do you have Q9550 (S-Spec). Do you not know what the S-Spec is?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
      Heh, why in your sig do you have Q9550 (S-Spec). Do you not know what the S-Spec is?
      There is a Q9550 and a Q9550S (people call it the S-spec or S ; i knw about the Sspec number)

I guess i could have just put the "S".

The "S"
      E0 core stepping (other C1)
      Thermal power 65W (instead of 95W)

I changed it, are you happy now !

Comment

Key words, S-spec q9550 (you could overclock that thing like mad, runs cool as ice) and a 8800GTX; yeah, I would say your game runs smooth as butter.
        I would say it doesn't, at least when it comes to ARMA 2. My 260GTX has trouble with max settings and this game.

As for ARMA 2 itself. OOOOO no it is not a replacement for BF2.

Their is realistic, which is fine and then their is stupid super human AI. I managed to get through the training missions and got in to the open world part of the main campaign. First mission I tried to sneak up on an enemy camp. No matter what I do the enemy spots me and kills me before I can even work out where the hell they are. This does not make for a fun game and THAT is ARMAs problem.

The game has tried to cram as many realistic elements in as possible and somewhere along the way they forgot to insert the part that makes it fun. I like realistic games I like Sims. GTR2 is fun, MS FS9 and 10 are fun ARMA 2 is not. Finally given how realistic they have tried to make the soliders why on earth are the flying part so the game so pathetically unrealistic. The F35B cockpit in the game looks like something from an old Speccy +2A flight sim game.

The single player is so bad I couldn't bring myself to try a multiplayer version of it. Infact I was so peed off with it I went right out and bought Left 4 Dead now that game is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Man
          I would say it doesn't, at least when it comes to ARMA 2. My 260GTX has trouble with max settings and this game.

As for ARMA 2 itself. OOOOO no it is not a replacement for BF2.

Their is realistic, which is fine and then their is stupid super human AI. I managed to get through the training missions and got in to the open world part of the main campaign. First mission I tried to sneak up on an enemy camp. No matter what I do the enemy spots me and kills me before I can even work out where the hell they are. This does not make for a fun game and THAT is ARMAs problem.

The game has tried to cram as many realistic elements in as possible and somewhere along the way they forgot to insert the part that makes it fun. I like realistic games I like Sims. GTR2 is fun, MS FS9 and 10 are fun ARMA 2 is not. Finally given how realistic they have tried to make the soliders why on earth are the flying part so the game so pathetically unrealistic. The F35B cockpit in the game looks like something from an old Speccy +2A flight sim game.

The single player is so bad I couldn't bring myself to try a multiplayer version of it. Infact I was so peed off with it I went right out and bought Left 4 Dead now that game is fun.
          There are many bugs and the 200 series guys are feeling it big time. I get a frame rate of 25 in SP mode but when i do multi i get 40-55 FR, weird. So the game is running smooth with the current setup.

I think i love ARMA for the eye candy but so lately im finding myself really disappointed with the game play.

Comment

Anyone wanna buy my ARMA 2 game for 30 bucks ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Man
              The game is CPU intensive, a good GPU and a good CPU (at least 3Ghz) will let you play the game on good settings smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                The game is CPU intensive, a good GPU and a good CPU (at least 3Ghz) will let you play the game on good settings smoothly.
                Try again. 3.7 and it runs like $hit. With the lastest patch it now CTD.

Comment

Here's hoping OFP 2 will offer something fun with DECENT sound, scripting, voice acting and a whole other myriad of things that ARMA 2 does very badly.

Comment

F*ck yeah they are fixing the mouselag in 1.04. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6803

Comment

• Re: Could ARMA 2 be the true successor to Battlefield 2?

Originally posted by Leopardi
                      F*ck yeah they are fixing the mouselag in 1.04. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6803
                      mouse lag:laugh:,nice exuse:laugh:

Comment

Its not the FPS issues that are the main problem for me, Its simply that most servers cannot handle the game to an acceptable standard which results in the AI glitching everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
                          mouse lag:laugh:,nice exuse:laugh:
                          [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xryLypk7I9c[/media]

Comment

And already an expansion announced with a whole new country.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                              And already an expansion announced with a whole new country.
                              A copy of Afghanistan named as Takistan.

Comment

The successor to BF2 is obviously BF3 in case there were any tards out there too stupid to realize this.

Comment

Working...
                                X