Total War series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Total War series

I want to know has anyone surrounded a city and laid siege to it and demanded surrender and they DID?

I cant make them surrender. Ive had five armies knocking on a door with the probability bar at like 99% green and they still dont surrender.

Anyone done it and how did you do it? Maybe I need to occupy all the towns and ports on the land AND have a huge army on the doorsteps.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I just got M2TW yesterday from Steam. Started British short campaign to play around. It seems that no matter what I did or didn't do, France and HRE will attack my territories on the Continental Europe. Danish seem to hate me no matter what. Worse is that when I retaliate, the Pope tells me to back out or face ex-comm. WTF!?

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
        I just got M2TW yesterday from Steam. Started British short campaign to play around. It seems that no matter what I did or didn't do, France and HRE will attack my territories on the Continental Europe. Danish seem to hate me no matter what. Worse is that when I retaliate, the Pope tells me to back out or face ex-comm. WTF!?
        Do whatever you can to ensure france stay as your ally, then build up resources and troops then move them to africa i always treat france like a buffer.

Comment

ahh MTW2 and diplomacy, the pope is a real twat so you need to get around him if you can

the French hate you and tbh the majority of the time will attack you, the HRE you can be quite chummy with

I usually destroy the Pope, but I don't play vanilla MTW2, if you have Kingdoms you can get the Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod

Comment

I got Kingdoms as well, but played vanilla when it was installing itself. What's the difference between Kingdoms and vanilla?

Comment

Im going back to Medievil Total war the Empire game just has too few of units for me.

I thought a NEW Medievil was being made?but i cant find info on it

Comment

I never heard anything of a new med game :S

Comment

I got Kingdoms as well, but played vanilla when it was installing itself. What's the difference between Kingdoms and vanilla?
                  Kingdoms has several sort of mini campaigns, that play out like the Grand Campaign but are much more focussed, so one based on England, The Holy Land, Teutons etc

It adds factions and units etc, but none of these additions are included in a new all encompassing grand campaign.

That mod I mentioned, the Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod basically adds all the new units, factions etc from Kingdoms into the massive Grand Campaign that you normally fight in Vanilla, it also includes some other tweaks that improve the game a lot

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
                  Im going back to Medievil Total war the Empire game just has too few of units for me.

I thought a NEW Medievil was being made?but i cant find info on it
                  the new patch added 14 units, you can also buy 14 more units in the Units of the west DLC, for me it was only £1.99 which is pocket change so I indulged myself, otherwise there are bound to be mods soon that add billions

Not sure about the next Total War, there will undoubtedly be an expansion for Empire. I reckon the next TW game will be further in the past but I doubt Medieval, its been done twice, much more likely a new Rome

Comment

SHOGUN :rawr

Crunch

Comment

NO ROME :rawr

Comment

LOL, I would just say NO SHOGUN, but I think it would get repetitive.

We dont need another Rome. Rome was awesome the way it was. They never went back to Shogun and with the new engine and everything they could really extend it further.

Of course, it was pretty awesome the way it was and if they remake it, they may ruin the greatness of the title. So maybe you're right.

NO SHOGUN :rawr

And the reason is because I cant play the game anymore on my new PC.

Crunch

Comment

Rome needs to be remade because they can take all the mod ideas, such as XGM and whack em in, no more just Rome, Greece etc as well

add in the new engine and the ability to have 100000s of units in one formation

it would be over 9000

Comment

You start with terrible relations with the French so they will almost always attack you to stop this you can:

1. offer them an alliance

will probably need a large payment of money to secure the deal and send them money each turn till your relations and good or excellent

2. Attack them before they can attack you

A good tip is to send a diplomat to rome and keep sending money gifts to the pope then when the french attack they will probably get excommunicated and then youll be able to call a crusade against their capital

Try and get an alliance with the HRE or spain as they may join you in your war against the french if you can secure an alliance

BTW if you have kingdoms dont play vanilla at all download a mod like stainless steel it adds more factions, more units diplomacy is better and its generally more balanced

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                            Rome needs to be remade because they can take all the mod ideas, such as XGM and whack em in, no more just Rome, Greece etc as well
                            They should get the guys who made the Europa Barborum mod to oversee the project, that was an awesome mod its too bad that the crappy AI was hardcoded and they were limited graphics wise due to the limitations of the rome engine

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                            SHOGUN :rawr

Crunch
                            The best part of shogun was were you could execute another factions diplomat, ive always wanted to do that on the other TW games when they gave me a particularly insulting offer

Comment

Maybe I should start playing Empire again lol. I just hate when i have 9 armies and about to destroy France and they wont surrender. :shakehead:

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I found that I am totally suck at M2TW in terms of managing economy. I always run out of money and have to wait for a few terms to build upgrade. I can't simply disband units because I am constantly at pressure from multiple sides. It seems to me that managing economy is more difficult than RTW.

Also, it's PITA to upgrade to arquebusiers and handgunners.

I would like to see an expansion of E:TW on 1500-1600 European wars first, although I am very interested in how CA would present Civil War and European wars of late 19th century.

Comment

Working...
                                X