• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WolfAlmighty
    replied
    Re: DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
    Being bombed to **** every 3 minutes?
    Now you're just exaggerating. You didn't get bombed every 3 minutes.

...Sometimes it was TV missiles or artillery.

Leave a comment:

• jesus
    replied

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
    the people flying the jets are so predictable and it's easy not getting blown up every 3 minutes

Leave a comment:

• Deesies
    replied

Originally posted by 18Zulukiller View Post
    Personally i like "futuristic crap" as you call it, and i was honestly looking forward to BF2142 being released. For me though personally its just missing that X factor that makes an ok game a great game like BF2.

Leave a comment:

• Leki
    replied

@TheGameArtist

lol...you calling me a noob hardly classes as you owning my a$$ lol

If you want to see an example of a real owning then re-read WolfAlmighty's post a few times so it sinks in.

Yes i did see you make a reply to his post. However you got owned so badly there was no come back from it and any more mindless rubbish you could of said would just dig your hole deeper.

If the "debate" went off topic it was because of your petty insults at the WolfAlmighty, so please dont let me get in the way of a good "debate" lol

Leave a comment:

• RW-RogueWolf
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Leki View Post
    @WolfAlmighty

lol great replies to TheGameArtist....you owned him....had a laugh reading them
    @ Leki

:laugh: lol your silly.... :laugh:

:laugh: Concider your silly self owned :laugh:

PS: He didn't own a thing, neither did i, so grow up child, welcome to an adult debate.

Did you see me make a reply to his last post? Um no...and why....because this is going nowhere....same old ground time and time again... So Leki...before you choose to try and put someone down i suggest you do it with some form of intelligence.

Why would i remotely try and debate with someone who is clearly talking about nothing related to the topic and is trying to pick at personal flaws in a person instead of actually making a constructive debate about the topic at hand?

What does me being from the UK and speaking english have to do with this thread?

And this is the only thing i will reply to wolfy....

Originally posted by TheGameArtist View Post
    Did i ever once say that no one plays BF2? Better yet where did i say BF2 as an overall game was crap, nowhere, read before you speak wolf, i said its engine was crap.(you will actually find somewhere on the forums where i say BF2 is crap, because in my opinion it is now)
    Its called being Ironic...

Leave a comment:

• 18Zulukiller
    replied

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
    2142 is superior to BF2 in many ways, but so many people just didn't give it a proper chance it seems. yea people are attached to modern weaponry and familiar settings of present times but dice took what they learned from BF2 and applied it to 2142 to make a game with better balance hence better gameplay. shame people don't see past the "i hate futuristic crap" because it really is a great game.
    Personally i like "futuristic crap" as you call it, and i was honestly looking forward to BF2142 being released. For me though personally its just missing that X factor that makes an ok game a great game like BF2.

Leave a comment:

• Rambo
    replied

Can we get these two a room please,Its just getting wrong!:laugh:like a marriage lol:laugh:

Leave a comment:

• WolfAlmighty
    replied

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
    So with the knowledge that this is not a successor to BF2, can you please look at this game for what it really is. A test that is a remake of BF1942. Which if proven successful will have an increase in content, and will further the developement of other games which use the frostbite engine.
    Well all we can really do at this point is speculate as to DICE's vision with the PC BF franchise. If what's being released is simply an appetizer, I'll take a bite in anticipation for the main course. If this is the main course, then Houston we have a problem. In the last video interview it was mentioned that there's still more to come for the PC (I believe the words 'big plans' were used) so it does give me some hope that we may eventually see a new 64 player full-scale BF game on the PC. I shall remain cautiously optimistic.

I'm sure more maps and content for BF1943 would be a great thing, but I still can't wrap my head around the 24 player thing. Personally I'd trade destructive environments for 64 players in an instant, but whether 24 player is Frostbite's limitation or simply the limitation of the consoles on which BC was released I don't know (and they're not sharing). I'm fine with BF1943 and wouldn't even have a problem with the 24 player thing if I knew for sure that it's not going to be the new face of BF. Right now, DICE hasn't given much indication otherwise.

Meh, anyway, I'll stick with cautiously optimistic. :thumbsup:

Leave a comment:

• DontKnockIt225
    replied

Are you joking?? Their whole argument is not based on anything anymore. It is just picking at the way each other argue. Not only is it a total waste it is completely high jacking a thread.

wolfalmighty

paragraph 1: you contradict yourself. + Dont speak your first language well.

paragraph 2: our opinions differ

paragraph 3: Your not useful because your a sheep

paragraph 4: Im voicing my opinions & I dont care what you think

paragraph 5: Finally some argument. Which states he is against the game because it is not a worthy successor of BF2. Yes we know this. We know this is not a full on release. But thanks for voicing your opinion about this. Try to keep up.

That was such a waste of time. It was an attempt at an ego boost.

Anyway wolfalmighty this is not a complete successor game. I am hoping you understand. But if not let me spell it out for you.

Its too small. As you state too few maps.
    Not enough content.
    Price is expected to be $20, Normal games i imagine are $50?

So with the knowledge that this is not a successor to BF2, can you please look at this game for what it really is. A test that is a remake of BF1942. Which if proven successful will have an increase in content, and will further the developement of other games which use the frostbite engine.

Leave a comment:

• Leki
    replied

@WolfAlmighty

lol great replies to TheGameArtist....you owned him....had a laugh reading them

Leave a comment:

• ebevan_91
    replied

IMO I'd be happy with a remade BF1942 w/ frostbite engine. And I mean same number of kits, all the same maps, maybe even more maps, same armies, weapons, vehicles, etc.

But I'd be even happier wit a modern BF3.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

2142 is superior to BF2 in many ways, but so many people just didn't give it a proper chance it seems. yea people are attached to modern weaponry and familiar settings of present times but dice took what they learned from BF2 and applied it to 2142 to make a game with better balance hence better gameplay. shame people don't see past the "i hate futuristic crap" because it really is a great game.

Leave a comment:

• Kylee!
    replied

Originally posted by old sch00l View Post
    In comparison to the potential revenue? i.e. known to be huge
    There is a reason that there is a 6 year gap between the original games of Valve's and their sequels.

Leave a comment:

• old sch00l
    replied

In comparison to the potential revenue? i.e. known to be huge

Leave a comment:

• Deesies
    replied

They are. They only have something like 40-60 staff, occupying I think one or two floors of a building.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X