X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needitfast
    replied
    Re: DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3

i'm talking about bf2, a game that is played way more often and has much more problems than 2142.

ok you're right that YOU got updates for 2142 - a game that is played by a minority of the bf community. "WE got updates" is wrong, I, and those other 20k bf2 players don't. 4times more players play bf2 than 2142. Is that the reason why 2142 got patched and bf2 don't?

They just have promised a patch 8 month ago, and i'm really looking forward to the great laugh i will have about it's content if it will be released. 8 month.... it should be a massive update, but i don't believe in that.

Leave a comment:

• RW-RogueWolf
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Churp View Post
    So wait people are mad at DICE because they promised this year as the "great year 2009" and so far people think things don't seem that great? Well the year just started, DICE has reveled 2 of their 5 titles, and trust me I know DICE will have much more out for their fans and I KNOW that this year will be amazing. And no I am not one of those "OH I'M SO LOYAL TO DICE" kind of people. I mean 1943 is just a small demo to keep people tied off till BC2, and BC2 comes till what, the end of 2009. We've got 10 more months till 2009 ends. And I know it might not seem like it now but in those 10 months BF2 and BF2142 will receive a new patch and map, BF:1943 will be released, and supposedly BFBC2 and BFHeroes will be released. These are 4 things happening this year and we still got 10 months for DICE to add more stuff to the list. Honestly at this point I can't see what all the commotion is about. Are people mad because a small 15-20 dollar, downloadable (arcade game said by DICE) is made to be fun for everyone instead of being a hardcore battlefield game? And are people are mad at BFBC2 because they think a big probably $50 game is going to be like a small maximum 20 dollar download?

These arguments have strayed from the topic "DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3". Hell I'll admit it even my post is off topic, but come on DICE might still be making a BF3 wither that BF3 be BC2 or maybe a standalone BF3. The fact is DICE CAN make a great BF3 game I mean what’s stopping them from making a good BF3, the fact that a small downloadable game will have 24 players and only 3 maps, that’s what’s going to make future battlefield games terrible, DICE trying something different?
    Originally posted by Minmaster
    whatcha talking about? we've had patches since that time on 2142. not going to comment on the quality of the patches but we have been getting them. so your statement is wrong.
    Your both correct in everything you've said, theres just one little snag here....

Everybody thats complaining are Battlefield 2 community, they don't count any other battlefield game for some strange reason...

They only want another BF2 game with a face lift, despite the fact that a few weeks ago they were all complaining about battlefield 2 anyway lulz

:laugh:

Any attempt to have a civilised debate here turns into anything and everything away from whats actually being debated.

So to simply put it, if you don't say dice/ea are bad, and that you want another bf2 game, no one here will even listen

Good luck...but i agree with you both.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

whatcha talking about? we've had patches since that time on 2142. not going to comment on the quality of the patches but we have been getting them. so your statement is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• needitfast
    replied

Maybe because DICE cares s*** about the pc players since 11/2006?
    No news, no updates, no support - more than 2 years now.... and it wasn't good before either.

Leave a comment:

• Churp
    Guest replied

So wait people are mad at DICE because they promised this year as the "great year 2009" and so far people think things don't seem that great? Well the year just started, DICE has reveled 2 of their 5 titles, and trust me I know DICE will have much more out for their fans and I KNOW that this year will be amazing. And no I am not one of those "OH I'M SO LOYAL TO DICE" kind of people. I mean 1943 is just a small demo to keep people tied off till BC2, and BC2 comes till what, the end of 2009. We've got 10 more months till 2009 ends. And I know it might not seem like it now but in those 10 months BF2 and BF2142 will receive a new patch and map, BF:1943 will be released, and supposedly BFBC2 and BFHeroes will be released. These are 4 things happening this year and we still got 10 months for DICE to add more stuff to the list. Honestly at this point I can't see what all the commotion is about. Are people mad because a small 15-20 dollar, downloadable (arcade game said by DICE) is made to be fun for everyone instead of being a hardcore battlefield game? And are people are mad at BFBC2 because they think a big probably $50 game is going to be like a small maximum 20 dollar download?

These arguments have strayed from the topic "DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3". Hell I'll admit it even my post is off topic, but come on DICE might still be making a BF3 wither that BF3 be BC2 or maybe a standalone BF3. The fact is DICE CAN make a great BF3 game I mean what’s stopping them from making a good BF3, the fact that a small downloadable game will have 24 players and only 3 maps, that’s what’s going to make future battlefield games terrible, DICE trying something different?

Leave a comment:

• xsiZedx
    Guest replied

And they still will make a great BF3. Have a little patience. It seems the BF series has attracted a large number of emo children.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

haven't tried it myself but i think someone said you have to make a full size image for 2142. yes it is a pain in the butt to require the CD when they already use CD-key/account verification.

Leave a comment:

• Skaggy
    replied

One thing that annoys me is the lack of mini-images. I haven't had to keep any discs in my drive for a long time now.

Most of my games run through Steam, and those that don't require a disk or I have a mini-image for

2142 seems to be an exception..

Leave a comment:

• Deesies
    replied

Dolphin diving was a pain :P

Leave a comment:

• Skaggy
    replied

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
    Just remember that going to prone in 1942 or 2142 will probably get you killed in a firefight :P
    WHAT!?! You mean I won't be able to do this any more?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-DC-UzRAcg&feature=related[/media]

Leave a comment:

• Deesies
    replied

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
    The amount of fail in this thread is off the scale.

On a slightly related note, I've just gone out and purchased both 1942 and 2142. BF2 is getting more and more tiresome.
    Plus I can't see me getting the same sense of epicness from 1943, based on the information I have been provided with.
    Just remember that going to prone in 1942 or 2142 will probably get you killed in a firefight :P

Leave a comment:

• RW-RogueWolf
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post

On a slightly related note, I've just gone out and purchased both 1942 and 2142. BF2 is getting more and more tiresome.
    Plus I can't see me getting the same sense of epicness from 1943, based on the information I have been provided with.
    :yay: too right this thread fails...i sorry skag for that

Worst is...its almost all myn that is fail :cry:

Leave a comment:

• Skaggy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RW-RogueWolf
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Leki View Post
    @TheGameArtist

lol...you calling me a noob hardly classes as you owning my a$$ lol

If you want to see an example of a real owning then re-read WolfAlmighty's post a few times so it sinks in.

Yes i did see you make a reply to his post. However you got owned so badly there was no come back from it and any more mindless rubbish you could of said would just dig your hole deeper.

If the "debate" went off topic it was because of your petty insults at the WolfAlmighty, so please dont let me get in the way of a good "debate" lol
    :laugh: Once again you make me laugh :laugh:

Go kiss wolfys rear some more

Leave a comment:

• needitfast
    replied

I just want to mention that almost everything what WolfAlmighty says in all of these discussions here@tgn is also my opinion, and i think there are _many_ other players who also agree.

The point is not BF1943 and it's features - the point is the promised "great year 2009" and those dissappointing news of the last days. a real bf1942/bf2 followup MUST have serverfiles, a modeditor, demorecorder and all that stuff the community and also the competitive crowd needs. (anyone remember BF-TV? it is a feature of BF2 ! oh sorry it's not - it just was "planned" *g*)

but without arguing about details - no one at dice claims bf1943 to be a real followup - that said that clearly. they said also clearly that they suppose a much higher impact on consoles. Same thing with BFBC2. I played BC on ps3 - it's a fun game - but it's not a bf-game like there were on pc in the past, it has an other focus.

@WolfAlmighty: keep up your good postings, your english is way more better than mine - and you speak out what i think - so i don't have to post here

Leave a comment:

Working...
X