X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old sch00l
    replied
    Re: DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3

Could be interesting, funny that Valve quoted themselves as a small dev. company recently :laugh:

Leave a comment:

• Deesies
    replied

Originally posted by 18Zulukiller View Post
    If BF2142 was a film it would be Waterworld, as in it was expected to be the new Jurassic park (box office gross) but instead it only just about did OK, that's why people define bf2142 as a flop and not as an utter failure (didn't make its money back) and that's a fact my friend .
    I don't suppose you have the development cost to sales ratio handy? I would genuinely like to know if these claims are true. Preferably with money earned from ad revenue if possible.

Leave a comment:

• RW-RogueWolf
    Guest replied

:laugh:

What?

You used too many big words for me to grasp my ickle test tube mind around.

:yay: i spokted pruper anglish

Leave a comment:

• WolfAlmighty
    replied

Originally posted by TheGameArtist
    Did i ever once say that no one plays BF2? Better yet where did i say BF2 as an overall game was crap, nowhere, read before you speak wolf, i said its engine was crap.(you will actually find somewhere on the forums where i say BF2 is crap, because in my opinion it is now)
    It's called English. You're from the UK so it's reasonable to expect that you would be able to speak it, yet clearly this is not the case. How do you manage to contradict yourself in the same paragraph? And you say I need to read before I speak? :laugh:

I watched the same as you difference is i didn't start complaining at a product that hasn't even been released yet, man please, you make the same point everytime and i have to answer it everytime, WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE GAME WILL BE LIKE You think you have it mapped in and out from a damn trailer and some text, get real man, as if you know jack all
    Fine. You're comfortable with being DICE's catamite. I'm not. I guess that's where our differences lie (well, that's one of the areas anyway).

your being a child now, because you didn't like what you heard the teddy was out of the cot and you got the god complex thinking you know it all, well congratualations you just crossed the line into completely useless.
    You're right. Better I should be 'useful' like you and just sit back and let things come to me as they may and never have a critical thought of my own. It must be easy living like you without ever having to think for yourself and just say, 'Oooh, DICE knows what they're doing...they always have. This sounds great! If they were to turn BF into an 8-bit side-scrolling platformer I'd still buy it because DICE knows what they're doing. Yep.'

But don't feel bad, the world needs people like you, too. Mostly televangelists and drug testing laboratories, but at least you have a place unlike useless ol' me.

What? are you kidding me, i really can't believe what i just read, you are a seriously half brained person arnt you? Tell me how do you put your shirt on on a morning?

You clearly just said, you want to argue black is white because thats what you do? so basically from that little part there, you just renounced all forms of intelligence, and told us all that no matter what it is, your still gunna argue because thats what you do?

WTF man, words can't describe how much a d!ck you really sound right now.
    But good on you for trying anyway. :thumbsup:

Where did I 'clearly' say that I wanted to argue no matter what? I'm voicing an opinion, as are you. Our opinions differ. You think it's wrong for me to judge something based on the knowledge I have and then attack my character. I don't mind, because I personally don't care what you think about me, but I do feel it's within my right to defend my position. What we're doing here is not arguing, it's you trying to fling dung and instead just getting your own hands covered in feces.

Now lets see.... You just moved from the d!ck category into the completely Sh!t for brains category. WTF are you talking about, if i was korean, your picking out any old crap now arnt you. When did i say you couldn't have an opinion? never, all i said was your moaning constantly at something you clearly know nothing about...I'm more and more astonished at the lack of intelligence from you as i keep reading.
    'Moaning constantly about something I clearly know nothing about', you say? Let's see...I know it only has three maps, three classes, 24 player online max, match-making servers, no unlocks (even though BF2142 only had four classes, the unlocks gave each class several possibilities), and every soldier class available has the means with which to destroy vehicles. This is called information, and it's something rational people use to formulate opinions. My opinion is that it's not a worthy successor to BF2/BF1942. If it's not supposed to be, then fine, it fits that role. I've stated this several times, that we were promised a big year by DICE, and this is what surfaced. So I judge it based on those two facts because that's all we've been given. Therefore, I have the choice to either be critical of the decisions and voice my criticisms, or grab a jar of vaseline and lube up for whatever comes my way as you're want to do. You've made your choice, I've made mine.

Odd, though, that you should chide DontKnockIt earlier in this thread for calling someone a twat, yet in this last post you've called me: 'completely useless', 'half brained', 'd!ck', and 'sh!t for brains'. Once again you don't practice what you preach. Do as I say, not as I do, eh? And, to reiterate, I'm the one with the God complex in this thread? :laugh:

Wolf...lets end this here because its going to go nowhere, you think what you want, i'll think what i want, we clearly have two different views on the situation at hand.
    I see, and I like how you waited until AFTER you've called me d!ck and sh!t for brains before taking the moral high ground. It's okay, everything else you've spouted off in this thread has come out the other side of your mouth, so why not this, too? Amusing how your only consistancy lies in your thematic self-contradiction.

Leave a comment:

• 18Zulukiller
    replied

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
    You and your friends define 2142 as a flop, maybe. It didn't do quite as well as BF2, but it still sold very well. If the entire community would have rejected it, it would have been a flop, but I guess the thousands of people playing 2142 every day more than 2 years after release doesn't have a valid opinion.

If the entire community would have rejected Bf2142 it would of been considered an utter faliure, and the people involved with making that game and losing EA money would of probably lost there jobs.

Leave a comment:

• iQue
    replied

If BF2142 was a film it would be Waterworld, as in it was expected to be the new Jurassic park (box office gross) but instead it only just about did OK, that's why people define bf2142 as a flop and not as an utter failure (didn't make its money back) and that's a fact my friend .
    You and your friends define 2142 as a flop, maybe. It didn't do quite as well as BF2, but it still sold very well. If the entire community would have rejected it, it would have been a flop, but I guess the thousands of people playing 2142 every day more than 2 years after release doesn't have a valid opinion.

Leave a comment:

• 18Zulukiller
    replied

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
    2142 didn't flop and that isn't opinion. It may not have had the success of 2 but it certainly wasn't a failure.

Leave a comment:

• theminx
    replied

next will come 2143 before BF3 lol

DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3
    BUT THEY DIDdENT

Leave a comment:

• Deesies
    replied

2142 didn't flop and that isn't opinion. It may not have had the success of 2 but it certainly wasn't a failure.

Leave a comment:

• 18Zulukiller
    replied

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
    2142 was.
    That's your opinion and your entitled to it, but 2142 flopped for a reason and that was IMO EA got the grubby hands on the battlefield franchise and messed with the formula that made Battlefield a success.

Leave a comment:

• Deesies
    replied

The last true Battlefield game was BF2, because after BF2 was released thats when EA took over. All EA care about is pumping out as much crap as possible to make maximum profit, looks at the Sims its EA flagship game FFS.

Edit: WTF is up with my join date (Feb 2007) i've been a member on here since June 2005.
    2142 was.

Leave a comment:

• 18Zulukiller
    replied

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
    y'all go out and buy 2142 if you haven't. that will be the last true BF game on PC.
    The last true Battlefield game was BF2, because after BF2 was released thats when EA took over. All EA care about is pumping out as much crap as possible to make maximum profit, looks at the Sims its EA flagship game FFS.

Edit: WTF is up with my join date (Feb 2007) i've been a member on here since June 2005.

Leave a comment:

• RW-RogueWolf
    Guest replied

EDITED FOR THE MINORS= Swear Words Retracted.

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
    WTF arent u on the same side?and what is this quote because ive been playing BF for 6 yrs...or did u get prikd teased last nite or what?

how are the players responsable for clitches or errors?or poor build quality?

on the plus side yes it is good to get a rant off now again:thumbsup:lol
    What side am i on exactly would help lol :laugh:

BF2 has issues, glitches etc... Who exploits the glitches? Who uses the cheats? Because its sure as hell not dice, its the players faults, not all the players granted, some want a fair game, but more often than not, its always a stupid little player thinking he's cool using the glitches or cheats etc, if all players didn't use the glitches or cheats then BF2 wouldn't need so many patches in the first place, players ruined it, just like players ruin any game...

That was my point, everyone blames dice for the problems when they're taking full advantage of it and causing the problem to exacebate, if no one took advantage there wouldn't be a problem to start off with.

As for techinal issues such as crashing to desktop, that is down to your machine coping with the games engine that has bugs in it, again that isn't dice's/ea's problem, what are they gunna do, send you a graphics card capeable of running the game out?

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty View Post

Yet, despite that, there are still between 15,000 to 25,000 people playing at all times. Add another 4000-10000 for BF2142.

And correct me if I'm wrong here, but did you not watch the same videos and read the same text as I did? All we can go off of is the information we've been given and compare it to what we already know (past BF games). What we know is there are fewer classes, fewer maps, less need for teamwork, and fewer players. Aside from newer graphics and destructible environments, how will this be any better than even BF1942, much less BF2?

And what do BF2's glitches have anything to do with this game? Are you saying this game will be bug-free?
    Did i ever once say that no one plays BF2? Better yet where did i say BF2 as an overall game was crap, nowhere, read before you speak wolf, i said its engine was crap.(you will actually find somewhere on the forums where i say BF2 is crap, because in my opinion it is now)

I watched the same as you difference is i didn't start complaining at a product that hasn't even been released yet, man please, you make the same point everytime and i have to answer it everytime, WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE GAME WILL BE LIKE You think you have it mapped in and out from a damn trailer and some text, get real man, as if you know jack all, your being a child now, because you didn't like what you heard the teddy was out of the cot and you got the god complex thinking you know it all, well congratualations you just crossed the line into completely useless.

If i know Battlefield like i do there will be crap loads of bugs in it, its the gamers fault from exploiting the bug in the first place. Unless its a floating barrel and crashing to desktop its the gamers fault.

You accuse everyone here of not thinking for ourselves and being lemmings, but you're the one just taking everything DICE dishes out with the best of graces, thinking, 'there MUST be a reason DICE is doing this...yep...they must know what they're doing'. I'd rather be cynical and argumentative than someone being led around by blind faith.

And you call us lemmings.
    What? are you kidding me, i really can't believe what i just read, you are a seriously half brained person arnt you? Tell me how do you put your shirt on on a morning?

You clearly just said, you want to argue black is white because thats what you do? so basically from that little part there, you just renounced all forms of intelligence, and told us all that no matter what it is, your still gunna argue because thats what you do?

What man, words can't describe how much a "clown" you really sound right now.

Let's see...you live in the UK (oddly, so does your compatriot), and last time I checked, free exchange of ideas was permitted in the UK. Now if I lived in North Korea and you were Kim-Jong-GameArtist, then you could tell me to stop my 'b!tching', but since this is not the case, you cannot prevent others from expressing their opinion any more than they can prevent you from expressing yours, no matter how much the latter may benefit society as a whole. </cheap shot>
    Now lets see.... You just moved from the "clown" category into the completely "dopey" category. What are you talking about, if i was korean, your picking out any old crap now arnt you. When did i say you couldn't have an opinion? never, all i said was your moaning constantly at something you clearly know nothing about...I'm more and more astonished at the lack of intelligence from you as i keep reading.

Thanks for the extra reading, now here's some more thinking you can do for yourself (since by your own admission nobody else here is capable of it). The reason people complain is because they care. If people didn't care about DICEs games or the BF franchise, nobody would be here. When people stop posting is when people stop caring, and that's when you're screwed. The patches were intended to make BF2 better, and in some cases they did and in some cases they didn't. But who made the patches? Who thought that fixing claymore TKs simply meant making friendlies not set them off? Looking at BF2142, they found a way to make that work without being unbalanced. All we were hoping for was the announcement of another game like BF2 only with more improvements. Instead we get, again, 1/3 of a game.

Now, if you're correct and BF1943 is simply a test bed for a game of a grander scale, then fine, I have no problems. But last year we were promised, by DICE, that 2009 would be the year for the PC gamer so with anticipation we waited as they unveiled the remaining titles of the announced five in their BF franchise. Now that we know they are BF1943 and BC2, we know that a BF3 wasn't part of their plan, at least not for the forseeable future. What we see is a shift towards smaller, console-oriented games rather than the massive-scale BF games of old. While we may not agree with all the changes that were made to BF2, we obviously still care enough to post here and discuss them and the game in general, so you (hopefully) can understand the disappointment when we were hoping for the next big bang and instead we get just a couple small fizzles.
    Right fair enough your dissapointed, but the fact still remains you have abandoned all hope before its even had chance to arrive.

You've judged everything ahead of schedule and im sorry but thats not good karma, its not even smart in the slightest.

Wolf...lets end this here because its going to go nowhere, you think what you want, i'll think what i want, we clearly have two different views on the situation at hand.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Snazzy
    replied

To the OP, how do you know DICE isn't already making BF3?

Leave a comment:

• DontKnockIt225
    replied

Apologise to you. I had never heard of mirrors edge before.

I done a tiny bit of research. This is a "first person action adventure game". These are console games. Much like Assassin's creed is a console game.

First person shooters are PC games. I dont think it is a fair to compare this when those types of games are console games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X