Remember!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remember!!!

I guess I was right, never underestimate DICE. I just hope the Battlefield teams take the proper care to make sure the PC releases really feel like a PC game and not a port.

Comment

A few points that most people seem to be missing:

* BF1943 isn't designed to be a large-scale, fully fledged Battlefield game. It's being designed as a cheap, small, arcade-style game to pass the time until Bad Company 2 comes out. It seems to be half way between Heroes and BF2.

* There is literally no information on the player limits of Bad Company 2. It's common for developers to allow much larger amounts of players on PC versions than console versions. You're all talking as if BC2 is confirmed to have a 24 player limit, and it's freaking annoying because it's baseless assumption.

* Look at OFP2 and ArmA2. They have maps in the area of 200km squared, 50-115 vehicles, 70+ weapons, awesome graphics, realistic warfare, and an array of teamwork options. Guess what? They're being released on console and PC. Consoles have a 16 player limit, PC 32 players. My point here isn't that DICE are going to faithfully follow Codemasters/Bohemia and do the same thing. I couldn't tell you if they will. I'm just pointing out an example of where multi-platform games don't dim down PC versions to acquaint for the console version.

Comment

hmmm... well maybe Bad Company 2 will have a larger player limit???

Comment

Hopefully it will for PC. If it does support 64 players and has a server browser, it could come pretty close to qualifying as "BF3".

There's no reason to believe that it won't support 64 players, and there's no reason to believe it will. It's up in the air right now. We'll just have to wait to hear more.

Comment

I have hopes that the PC version of BC2 is sufficiently PC enough to be considered a proper battlefield. I actually quite liked the first bad company if it weren't for the tiny maps and small player count.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
              I have hopes that the PC version of BC2 is sufficiently PC enough to be considered a proper battlefield. I actually quite liked the first bad company if it weren't for the tiny maps and small player count.
              I'll second that.

Comment

I guess the casual gamer will get BF1943 and people like myself will get BF BC so it's all good.

Comment

Am I the only one who is totally pumped? I mean, come on, it's two games, at least one of them will make you content. Lets just be happy they actually announced the next BF, and to make it just that much better, two of them, one WW2 and one modern. I am a very happy camper .

Comment

I am pumped, but slightly worried that we might only have 24 people per game and 3 maps.

But, i suspect DICE will pull through with an Epic Bad Company 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster View Post
                      Am I the only one who is totally pumped? I mean, come on, it's two games, at least one of them will make you content. Lets just be happy they actually announced the next BF, and to make it just that much better, two of them, one WW2 and one modern. I am a very happy camper .
                      It's more of a cautious intrigue for me. I know they can make an awesome game out of bad company 2 that rivals that of 2142 but given dice/EA's history, I can't help but be wary of the consolitis effect and dice's readiness for penny pinching.

Comment

And if both games fail - we still get BF2 Patch 1.50 hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ElFipso View Post
                          And if both games fail - we still get BF2 Patch 1.50 hahahaha
                          With emphasis on hahahaha. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                            hmmm... well maybe Bad Company 2 will have a larger player limit???

Yea it will no way dice is not going to have less the 64 players for a bf pc game.
                            When they said 24 players that's for the consoles.If a few months or weeks time we will get more info i am 100% sure about that.

Comment

I can't see them making players levels lower than 1942.

We need to wait for more info i believe.

Comment

I just hope no quality in the MP department has been sacrificed for the sake of its single player =\

Comment

Working...
                                X