Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: blackhawk whoring

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
    I take it that you folks don't play AIX -- where Blackhawk-whoring with the uber-miniguns has never stopped. Oh well.
    Nice advertising. But yeah, it's pretty fun to do that in AIX, but to be honest almost all weapons are OP in that mod

Comment

Originally posted by flippy199 View Post
      Why was something so fun, teamwork-based, and balanced removed from the game?
      Because the team (or score per minute) players would stack the USMC team to get into the BH. Then they would proceed to rape the opposition, scoring points up into the 400's sometimes without a single death.

Is this the fault of the BH crew, or their enemy? Well, IMO both. Players are too keen to be greedy and team swap etc to get into the BH, leaving the enemy team under skilled. And the enemy team, not having the skills to deal with it would rather whine to DICE than learn how to deal with it. Although sometimes with skilled opposition they had some chance, there was always a 99% chance the team with the BH crew would win.

I've been on both ends of this and although I agree the BH guns were overpowered the patching did go way to far and ruin one of the most fun aspects of the game.

Removing the ability to chuck C4 made it even harder to deal with the BH (and we have scripting macro turtling exploiters to thank for that).

Some of the best BH countermeasures I saw were the Jihad Z8, C4 packs on top of flagpoles, and my favourite - the tank on a hill.

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
        Nice advertising. But yeah, it's pretty fun to do that in AIX, but to be honest almost all weapons are OP in that mod

No advert from me. I'm not affiliated with AIX (besides being a fan) and I only play offline SP/COOP -- so I'm not seeking to recruit players. I was simply stating my position. When I found AIX and left the smacktards playing CQ behind, I've been "Blackhawking it up" ever since.

I don't agree with your "overpowered" statement. What does "overpowered" mean? We're talking explosives and firearms here. Things go "bang" and "boom" and bots die. That only sounds like good times to me.

Weapon range, accuracy and damage are not out of the range of "normal"... they've been tweaked to enhance the SP experience.

I frankly can not understand how anyone could be satisfied playing vanilla BF2 anymore when AIX, PR, PoE2, OPK, FH2 and other mods are available for free to download. All of those mods stand head-and-shoulders above the stock game in playabililty, wealth of vehicles/weapons and quality of construction.

I guess if BF2 is rather new to you, you might be interested in the vanilla game. For many of us, BF2 has been played for hundreds if not thousands of hours and it just is not enough to continue to hold our interest.

So, my point stands -- I've been doing for "years" what others have stated in this thread is no longer possible. You just have to know where to look.

Comment

The problem was that the skycow fired slowly and had no splash damage, whereas the BH miniguns were so powerful they could even chew through APCs. I remember on Songhua when I would be on PLA I would take the tank at the main and just wait for the BH to show up, which it inevitably did, and that usually resulted in a handful of quick, easy kills, or a bunch of panicked USMC troops bailing out that weren't expecting anything to take down their flying fortress. What they should have done to fix this was prevent the miniguns from being able to destroy APCs (or at the very least give the skycow the ability to do the same) and maybe give the skycow a bit of splash on their guns, and also keep the current vehicle passenger capping rule so you couldn't just hover over the flag for 5 seconds and cap a main base. With proper teamwork it would still be a brutal weapon, but would have to think twice about sitting still for 30 seconds over enemy territory. BH whoring was a lot of fun, but flag hopping was not.

I still remember one round of 32 man Songhua where the US had two BH teams flying around, leaving only 4 people on the ground, while China kept a few people posted at every flag, out of sight, so when the BH came and capped they would just wait until they left and re-capped. Finally we had people stationed at every flag and when we had them all capped we just finished off the BHs for the cap-out. It was inadvertent cohesion, but hilarious nonetheless, especially when the four USMC guys trying to hold the ground against all our APCs and tanks started *****ing at the BH squads. :laugh:

Comment

Yeah, those were fun times, but whining lonewolfs didn't like it. And the retarded patch team listened to them. Nothing can be done, vanilla BF2 isn't fun anymore but luckily there are mods.

Comment

Those days were stupid, on maps with no other aircraft or attack helis the blackhawks were literally unkillable. I'd say a good compromise would be to give the guns back but make it impossible for the blackhawk to be repaired by an engineer in the helicopter.

Btw if you honestly thought holding a wrench for an entire round was fun then you're either lieing and just love to point whore or are the absolute most boring person in the world.

Comment

Engies didn't just hold the wrench all round long, they also turded out landmines as they flew over streams and roads. Of course, this was before they noobified mines and claymores so one had to be careful that a friendly didn't drive over one, but it was still fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Elder View Post
                  Those days were stupid, on maps with no other aircraft or attack helis the blackhawks were literally unkillable. I'd say a good compromise would be to give the guns back but make it impossible for the blackhawk to be repaired by an engineer in the helicopter.

Btw if you honestly thought holding a wrench for an entire round was fun then you're either lieing and just love to point whore or are the absolute most boring person in the world.
                  It was fun to be part of a team, and often people switched places when the B/H was shot down.

I do somewhat agree though, it was dreadfully overpowered. But I believe the nerf to the instant flag-capping and a tweak to bring the sky cows/bumblebees into line would've been enough to balance the teams.

Maybe increasing the damage from the .50 cals on jeeps would've helped to even the air/ground balance.

Comment

bad things i see with the way it was:

-the BH crew usually ended up with very high scores while everyone else had very low scores;

-people spent more time trying to get in the blackhawk then getting flags;

-the rounds ended too fast because the ticket loss to the mec team was very fast.

good things about it:

-the players in the black hawk had alot of fun because they were winning easy.

Comment

Wow the noob-gun. That thing was worse than the Mi-28 is now on Sharqi.

Comment

I bought the game a year after the release, so i never experienced this. Although changing the power of the guns would make sense, i dont see how limiting the way to capture flags would improve the game. It would have made sense then, because people would have been using more teamwork.

But then again making the miniguns USELESS doesnt solve anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                          I bought the game a year after the release, so i never experienced this. Although changing the power of the guns would make sense, i dont see how limiting the way to capture flags would improve the game. It would have made sense then, because people would have been using more teamwork.

But then again making the miniguns USELESS doesnt solve anything.
                          Capping flags right now is fine; the passengers in vehicles don't count towards the capture time. Before, if you had a full crew in the BH, you would capture a flag six times faster than you do now. Normal flags would go neutral practically just by flying past them, and a full cap would take less than 5 seconds. This led to 'flag hopping'. My take is that if flag capping is left the way it is now and the BH miniguns were buffed, at least to some point in between Rape-Everything-That-Moves (before) and Worse-Than-The-Klobb-In-Goldeneye (now) it would be useful and fun to use as something other than just a 'get me to a flag and bail out because it's a POS' without being overpowered.

Comment

best thing dice ever did

ur just a bunch of nubs who cant find a way to score high points in a somewhat balanced version of bf2

nerfing down the blackhawk made the game more balanced in so many ways

and the only people crying are you guys coz u cant whore it and score high points anymore, lone wolfs at least had a good reason to cry

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi View Post
                              Yeah, those were fun times, but whining lonewolfs didn't like it. And the retarded patch team listened to them. Nothing can be done, vanilla BF2 isn't fun anymore but luckily there are mods.
                              I find vanilla BF2 very fun.

Comment

Original Blackhawk miniguns could take out APCs!? It's the same round the G3 fires... Why didn't they load the PLA and MEC choppers with armor piercing .50 rounds then?

Comment

Working...
                                X