Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 lead platform 'switched to consoles' mid-development

Originally posted by 5t3v0
    Why is suddenly everyone forgetting 64 player support?
    Why are we forgetting that they DID give us the commo rose as it was released?
    Do I even need to mention that grapics actually make use of our higher-end GPU's and the game doesn't rely on your processor as much as BC2?
    I am enjoying playing the game, but it has obvious flaws, many of which tastes of console design.
    But basically it boils down to this: I can forgive mistakes, outright lies is another matter.

Comment

lol and they (DICE) make it sound like it's no big deal... so casual about saying they switched it midway.

Comment

Those mutha farkers!!

Comment

not shocked one bit.......kinda like the fudged shipped and sales numbers they flaunted last week..........it's all about how much wool they can pull over your eyes at-least until you open your wallet because DICE feels like they need to compete for cookie cutter COD auto sniper douche baggary because they open their wallets without question like good little sheep......that being said I'm still happy with my purchase but I'm so sick of being lied to, DICE certainly wont see one red cent from me outside of the battlefield franchise.....ohh wait....they never have......

I feel more and more like charlie brown every time they casually give us news like this................

Comment

Sorry stevo didn't know you weren't aware the death of us came on the 25th of Oct. If you still have hope that Dice is making games for pc gamers you need to call Rambo and have a talk because he seems to be the only one on these boards with a clue of what is happening to this game. Face it we all gave our hard earned money to a console developer so they can make more console games.

Comment

Woah guys chill out, im not surprised by this but we still have a great game here. It has its obvious flaws in places and needs a bit of patching but what BF game doesnt on release? You cant tell me you arnt enjoying BF3, its not BF2 no, but then how many of you really expected it to be?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                You cant tell me you arnt enjoying BF3, its not BF2 no, but then how many of you really expected it to be?
                I was hoping it wouldn't be BF2. But I still don't like being lied to.

Comment

Verki: +1

I agree with you. I am enjoying the game but don't like being lied to either.

Comment

Im a man of princible and honour, I loath being lied to more than being disapointed about the game.

I feel ive been mislead with false advertisement,would rather my money back but yeah ive been trying to get a response from Dice about refunds.

Out of self princible ,EA will no longer be getting anymore money from me.

Im not expecting Dice to save face with PC, but one could only hope.

Sure... the game is a ok FPS but its not the game we/i got told it was going to be.

Comment

I like the game better than BF2. It's absolutely awesome in 32/32 large conquest. Rush with people who rush is some of the most fun in fps i've had.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                        *Rolls eyes*

Not to sound overly optimistic, but at least having us in mind for the first Half of Development means alot. Fucking hell, we have DX11 support right out the box If im not mistaken, wish I could say the same about Crysis 2. It looks great and plays rather nicely.

So you want to support a company that is even more eager to see the death of us? Sure, you're not playing it, but if you think Dice is bad with PC support, where were you the last 2 CoD games? I didn't even get black ops but I can tell that DICE, even with the teething problems of BF3 have done a lot more for us than we realise.

Why is suddenly everyone forgetting 64 player support?
                        Why are we forgetting that they DID give us the commo rose as it was released?
                        Do I even need to mention that grapics actually make use of our higher-end GPU's and the game doesn't rely on your processor as much as BC2?
                        -64 player support existed in bf1942 (10 year old game)
                        -commo rose was a huge issue and not going to be supported because it didn't work with consoles. They added a version that is extremely unresponsive and somehow worse than it's predecessor (bf2, 5 YEARS ago).
                        -this game is literally worse than 42/BF2 in EVERY ASPECT other than graphics.
                        -graphics have never been a selling point of the battlefield series, unique game-play was.

We were continually lied to, they promised things that they haven't delivered and have completely shit on and insulted their core PC audience. It's funny really, we all bought the lies and looked passed the warnings. Well I'm not falling for it anymore. I'm returning my copy, voicing my complaints, and never buying another DICE title.

Comment

Originally posted by Elder
                          -64 player support existed in bf1942 (10 year old game)
                          -commo rose was a huge issue and not going to be supported because it didn't work with consoles. They added a version that is extremely unresponsive and somehow worse than it's predecessor (bf2, 5 YEARS ago).
                          -this game is literally worse than 42/BF2 in EVERY ASPECT other than graphics.
                          -graphics have never been a selling point of the battlefield series, unique game-play was.

We were continually lied to, they promised things that they haven't delivered and have completely shit on and insulted their core PC audience. It's funny really, we all bought the lies and looked passed the warnings. Well I'm not falling for it anymore. I'm returning my copy, voicing my complaints, and never buying another DICE title.
                          -When I mentioned 64 players, I was reffering to the last game, where we only got 32 players, and even then that was a stretch from the 24 player cap that consoles got.
                          -I do agree that the Commo Rose does blow quite a bit, but its better than nothing, and if they do decide to listen, hopefully they can patch in a few more things like the commands being put into text as well
                          -"worse" is in the eye of the beholder. Ground combat, while a little bit imbalanced, is still an improvement over BF2 IMO. Weapons shoot bullets that kill, and snipers can't get away with camping as easily, which everyone complains about in other games, BF2 included.
                          -Yes, Graphics havent been. But take a look at the System requirements from the last "Battlefield" game (Bad Company 2). It ran like an arse on a Core 2 duo. BF3 is nowhere near as processor intensive. It actually takes power from the Graphics card rather than ignoring a great deal of it.

I know its bleak, and I know that they should have at least said that focus was subject to change, if it hadn't already at that point, but the fact that we WERE the focus at one point still gives me hope. No one should be surprised at all by this, but in my opinion from what I have seen in recent years this was refreshing, especially coming from 2 very console centric games with the Battlefield title slapped on.

Look at Crysis 2: Crysis was a superb PC game. Next version had worse graphics and was so obviously Console centric there was aim assist IN THE FUCKING PC VERSION.
                          RAGE: ID software, the guys who made QUAKE AND DOOM. Constantly saying mixed things about the PC platform, but generally openly saying "We don't care about the PC version as long as the console version works". And you know what we got? A shitty port with no optimisation whatsoever, and no Graphic customisation options inbuilt.
                          Call of Duty: "Im sorry guys, but we don't trust you. So we are giving you a server system that Works 'great'. Oh whats that? You don't like it? Well, okay, you can get your dedicated servers back! Oh, I'm sorry, but for unranked games only. We still don't trust you cheating pirating bastards!".
                          I don't even need to mention Ubisuck.

The point is, this may not have been the return of Christ that you were all cynically expecting, but its something. Watching the very platform which I prefer get beaten down perpetually by bigger companies sucked, and seeing the game that Got me not only into PC gaming but Videogames itself having another rebirth gave me hope, and while its got its teething problems still does. Compared to others, this is a lot. I know I don't have anything on you vets... But I want to be happy and not seen as a sheepish retard for it.

Also, from what I have been seeing in the recent posts, if anyones to blame for this move I'd say its EA. They were the ones pushing for a game to Beat CoD. Now They are the butt of every other forums hatred regarding Origin and other various fuck ups.

Comment

I don't know, this is a pretty game, but it doesn't "Feel" right to me.Hard to quantify exactly what it is, but the game feels wrong.Maybe it's me...I dunno.

Suffice to say I'm underwhelmed by the game at this point.Once again DICE has fallen for the "Overhype Underdeliver" school of thought as opposed to "Underpromising and Overdelivering".

"Above the Call" my arse...on par with the call, targeting the easy console dollars is more like it.

Whadda' ya think? BF2147 lurking about somewhere in Sweden? The new Northern Strike? Or Special Forces? Euro Farce? Armored Fury? They will tell us some Bovine Scatology story and being the saps we are, we fall for it again.

DICE always tells us what we want to hear,then after they've gotten our money they say "Well yeah, we switched platforms mid development, sorry about that" but everyone lauds them for being active in social networking and "Interacting" with their fans.I'd rather be told up front my platform is a niche market now and as such will be relegated to second tier status.

Don't get on Twitter and blow sunshine up our skirts about "The PC is blah blah blah" then a week after release come out and say "Well yeah, we shifted our focus to the console midway through the development cycle".

#pissedoff

Comment

Well I think things started to change once EA got a hold of them.

Comment

I'm selling my PC and consequently BF3 early December. These last few months were supposed to save the PC FPS for me, but BF3 is is boring, the new Red Orchestra game just dropped off the map, and who knows how CS:GO will turn out.. I think I'm done with PC gaming save RTS.

Like people said before, BF3 is a good game, but it's not what it could have been. So much wasted potential, and its obvious there are so many stupid little obvious things that have been left out.

Comment

Working...
                                X