Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is Camp Gibraltar so popular?

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
    have you guys played the tiny version of tunis? that one gives you access to areas of the map not available in the bigger versions.
    I like that version of Tunis the most. And there are no uncaps!

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
      I like that version of Tunis the most. And there are no uncaps!
      Yes, Tunis 16 is quite fun, if there are only 16 people on the server. TRR runs Tunis 16 with 32 people and it's usually a mass slaughter at the edge of the bridge. Fun for some, I suppose, but cluster****s as such get old quick.

Mercifully they have it at only 200 tickets so the rounds end quickly. I remember playing Karkand 32 with 64 people one time. A UAV over the flag revealed an almost solid red dot. A bit too hectic for my tastes, but some people really go for that stuff I guess.

Comment

If they are running the 16 man Tunis it would start with 100 tickets a piece. The ticket count is hard coded to the map size. I have played it with 32 and yes it makes for some crazy rounds. Especially if a squad is able to get in behind your lines and cap your back base. But anyway, that is totally off topic.

One reason I think a lot of players like Gib is that is what they started out playing, that is what they have the most time on, and as such that is what they feel comfortable with. I can't count the number of times I have heard someone in TS while playing on a different map complain about their KDR or SPM and say "I'm going to go play some Gib" because they know they can get their scores up there.

Comment

lol yeah. you get pwned pretty hard assaulting a titan, it's time to play some campG to get your kdr/spm back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
            lol yeah. you get pwned pretty hard assaulting a titan, it's time to play some campG to get your kdr/spm back up.
            thats why im not playing any titan maps until im good at this game again....

Comment

Oh come on, Titan maps are easy. :P It's just a matter of avoiding meatgrinders.

Comment

i never said titan maps are hard. i was talking about getting worked trying to attack titans for whatever reasons. of course, you don't have to attack the titan if you don't want to.

Comment

Camp Gibraltar is a awesome map. Only issue is i played that map so much i forgot the tips and tricks to other maps.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
                    Yes, Tunis 16 is quite fun, if there are only 16 people on the server. TRR runs Tunis 16 with 32 people and it's usually a mass slaughter at the edge of the bridge. Fun for some, I suppose, but cluster****s as such get old quick.

Mercifully they have it at only 200 tickets so the rounds end quickly.
                    If they are running the 16 man Tunis it would start with 100 tickets a piece. The ticket count is hard coded to the map size.
                    skates, yes
                    wolf, no

it's a quick 100 ticket round

Comment

Moose, did you guys adopt the "If you can't beat em' join em'" philosophy. It looks like your server is now running only Gib?

Comment

Hmm...don't know why I thought it was 200 tickets. I guess I just imagined the rounds lasting longer than they do.

Comment

Moose, did you guys adopt the "If you can't beat em' join em'" philosophy. It looks like your server is now running only Gib?
                          ya we are running mostly camp g right now. we do change the rotation during the middle of the night though to include, but not necessarily in this order (tunis 16, tunis 32, belgrade 16, belgrade 32, berlin IO 32, cebere 64). i think we've had some good luck filling the server starting off w/ 24/7 camp g. it's my personal fav, so it works for me:thumbsup:
                          now only if we could have NS as part of the game w/o an expansion. i'd be playing lipzeig all the friggin time!

Comment

The NS maps are so cool (no pun intended) that yeah, hopefully they release them for free at some point. Goliath whoring FTW!

Comment

Moose, you just like it because it's all dark and spooky and you can barely be seen, you knifin' fool.

Comment

Originally posted by DDoubleVVision View Post
                                Moose, you just like it because it's all dark and spooky and you can barely be seen, you knifin' fool.
                                actually i like it's design. very well thought out. it's not a bottleneck & can be played so many different ways. the fact that it's at dusk just adds to the cool factor. but i really do like the layout. i'll keep dreaming that it will be integrated. too many cheap bastards out there don't have NS. so if you run it in the rotation, you'll drop ½ the players when it hits an NS map.

@ wolf. i think you have our tunis' mixed up...we run both a 16 & 32 player version w/ 100 & 200 ticket counts respectively.

Comment

Working...
                                X