Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is Camp Gibraltar so popular?

Originally posted by messfeeder View Post
    I almost never camp as a sniper. Perhaps that's why I get more kills from knife and apm.
    By sniper I meant sniper, not recon.

A three legged dog walks into a bar and says, "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw"

Comment

Camp Gibraltor

'nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by Zuke` View Post
        Camp Gibraltor

'nuff said
        oh snap

Comment

you said you played bf2 for a while. camp g is 2142's version of strike @ karkand. why is that map so popular? it's a nice infantry map w/ a touch of walker. it can bottleneck up sometimes, but meh. it's not just for campers. in fact, i'd say it's just the opposite & for those who like close quarter combat. that's what i like about it so much. action. lots and lots of action. you are never far from the fight. take titan for instance...you're either in the fight or you're not. sometimes it's a looong ways away. i didn't get this game to go on a jog. i got to duke it out w/ everyone. i'll say it again, action.

Comment

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle View Post
            you said you played bf2 for a while. camp g is 2142's version of strike @ karkand. why is that map so popular? it's a nice infantry map w/ a touch of walker. it can bottleneck up sometimes, but meh. it's not just for campers. in fact, i'd say it's just the opposite & for those who like close quarter combat. that's what i like about it so much. action. lots and lots of action. you are never far from the fight. take titan for instance...you're either in the fight or you're not. sometimes it's a looong ways away. i didn't get this game to go on a jog. i got to duke it out w/ everyone. i'll say it again, action.

Spot on :P I must admit it feels stale at times, and I generally don't stay on any one server for more than a round or two since I get bored quickly, but for kills? No map beats it. Just a shame about the nade spam choke-points though, actually almost makes me miss podsurfing.

I do love a bit of IO belgrade - tbh that map on that setting in a full server has the potential to be the best infantry map in the game, I've only seen one euro server with that set-up on, and they banned me for ploughing their admins

Comment

Originally posted by jake___ View Post
              By sniper I meant sniper, not recon.
              I don't know what you mean. I still snipe people, I just don't stay in one place when I'm doing it. My method is like this: set up apm trap, find enemy, sneak up on enemy and knife, or snipe if too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder
                I don't know what you mean. I still snipe people, I just don't stay in one place when I'm doing it. My method is like this: set up apm trap, find enemy, sneak up on enemy and knife, or snipe if too far away.
                You might be a better sniper than me then.... >_>

Comment

i just love camp gibraltar. i dont play for points but for fun. in camp girbraltar there is always action, you need to think and keep on moving. i dont like camping i rather be in the front getting massive kills and dieing just a bit to much, but i do not care at all. camp gibraltar has just what i like in a map: constant action, much hiding places, cover. this also gives campers but i prefer campers than a map of seuz. i know a lot of people like camp g just because of it action. if my pc was good enough i would play 48 camp g all the time. 64 is just to much spamming.

oh you can get higher scores on camp g than on titan though: i have 180 points as highscore in camp g and 130 as highscore in titan.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder View Post
                    Perhaps that's why I get more kills from knife and apm.
                    Or RDX :laugh:

Yea but I like Camp Gib with few players, 16 maybe. It's a lot more dynamic and less spammy then.

Comment

I dunno... With 16 you can get too spread out, too, sometimes for Camp G. (at least for my liking)

24-32 would be a bit better, I would think.

Comment

I think 32-48 Camp G is great. Remember that the map most often played is designed for 32 people, the 64 man version just adds more tickets to each side, it's like that with many city maps.

Comment

doesn't campG have different size maps? i've only played it a few times but it limits the area of play.

have you guys played the tiny version of tunis? that one gives you access to areas of the map not available in the bigger versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
                            I think 32-48 Camp G is great. Remember that the map most often played is designed for 32 people, the 64 man version just adds more tickets to each side, it's like that with many city maps.
                            ahhh. Didn't realize that.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                              doesn't campG have different size maps?
                              16 is smaller than "normal" & has about a 100 ticket count. the pac starts at the train tracks

32 is "normal" size & has about a 200 ticket count.

64 is "normal" size & has about a 300 ticket count.

(now i may be wrong here, but i think the pac gets 2 fav's on 64 and only 1 on 32)

i prefer 32 players w/ a 64 player size. the increased ticket count makes the round last a little longer, but not horribly long. it gives the pac a better fighting chance to get out & cap out the eu.

Comment

I can recall some Camp G. rounds taking an extremely long time from playing with only about 16 people on the 64 player map.

Comment

Working...
                                X