Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: just an observation

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    Its kinda like CS:S. I wonder if they did come out with a CS:S2 and it was really close to the same but with body armor that actually worked, if people would still just play CS:S. BF3 is really close to the same, but it has some things fixed to equal it out, would people just say how its not BF2 and not bother?
    I think there is a certain element of the community that will always say that.:shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
      Ehh, yea. I agreed that it did need prone.
      i know. i was reforcing the idea . making it stronger

we need PRONE

Comment

In the most friendly way possible, I'd like to ask from those who like prone, why? When sniping, I was rarely prone in any game because the cover got in the way. Usually crouch was my sniping position on the rare occasion that I chose Sniper in BF2 or Recon in BC2. I don't miss it one bit playing BC2, but my style of play is very much run n gun. I get bored sitting in one place and would rather push to the next capture. Defending is ok, but I prefer being on offense anyday.

Comment

My style is run n gun too in all BF and I was using prone a lot in all kind of situations, prone isn't only used for defense or sniping. You make a smaller target when you're prone instead of crouched and it opens more possibilities like you can avoid more things, you can more easily hide from enemies and you can travel unseen in many more places.

Comment

Hmmm I guess so ... but the flopping about to see who could get prone first to fire with most accuracy got to be quite annoying.

Comment

Rather than going through quote-by-quote, I'll just say +1 to everything troybob said.

Now, regarding prone: What they have to do to fix it so that it isn't an instant accuracy boost, like they did in BF2142 (and the last BF2 patch) but also make the guns themselves more reliable so that there isn't excessive deviation, off-centre ironsights, and of course better overall hitreg.

Also, no to health regen, no to autoaim knife, no to pretty much anything else BC2 'brought' to the BF universe. I'd honestly prefer that they put no close-quarters urban infantry maps at all in BF3, but I know that's a pipe dream. The way I see it, now that BC2 exists to fill all the infantry-only action and small, linear corridor gameplay that some desire, they can let BF3 be all big open combined arms maps. I got tired of BC2 quickly (and still kept playing for about 20 hours after that...don't really know why) and I never play BF2142 because all the servers are either Titan or 24/7 Gib/city maps. The smaller the map, the less varied the gameplay and strategies and the more boring it gets.

Comment

Well they are good points, but implementing all of it would turn Battlefield into Arma or those super realistic FPS.

I agree with the communication rose though, I rather hear spam than not be able to thank a stranger for a vital medic kit drop.

As for guided TVs, they will be overpowered as the general skill level of pilots improve. Just look for BF2142 gunship videoes, those TV missiles are insane.

Prone is really a hit or miss for me. Doesn't make a huge difference to me. Prone to me = getting knifed.

Comment

My opinion is pretty much the same as what [Expletive Deleted] posted.
                  But you cant really say who is right or wrong, since it is subjective.

However, I think the "modern" style will prevail in BF3, since that is what new players prefer and expect today.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                    My opinion is pretty much the same as what [Expletive Deleted] posted.
                    But you cant really say who is right or wrong, since it is subjective.

However, I think the "modern" style will prevail in BF3, since that is what new players prefer and expect today.

noooo

why i need prone?! if you actually play bfbc you know the multiple times you die because you are crouched behind low cover, that its high but not high enough to cover your head, and before you know it you where BOOM headshoted by a sniper, or BOOOOOM headshoted by a tank shell.this happens to me everysingle time i play bfbc and i just think it is stupid, limitating you in a war simulation. i did not mind them doing in bfbc since they would bring it back in bf3, cause i was hoping them to keep their "traditional" games going, and by that i mean the bigger maps, the bigger and bigger and huge maps with lots of things including planes and prone .
                    when bfbc2 came out most of the veterans like you and me were like : BOO its not bf3 it sucks!
                    but then , atleast me, tryed to understand that BFBC was something different from BF , it was JUST a different game, called BFBC ,NOT BF, and that they would bring back the bf experience, wich i prefered, of course both have awesome aspects i like, that is obvious, but in this moment i see the majority of those aspects in bf2, if they where combined then i would love it(without taking away prone)
                    so i'm not expecting them making a bfbc3, called bf3 instead of bfbc3.
                    And about prone, it can be easly balanced in game, its not that hard, look at black ops it has prone and i dont see a single problem about it.. look at graw, it also had prone and i also do not see a problem with prone. why? because when you use it it does not let you shoot for a moment when you hit the ground and gives you more recoil, so if you do this in front of someone it gives them all the advantages to kill you first.fixing hitboxes will also help it a lot.

Comment

I like regen as long as its slow regen. helps if you are alone and assault and too far away from anyone else, only to get to your destination and take a bullet to the leg and die. Thats just my opinion though.

Do want prone back though, I do see parts of what jimmy says, but I think the problem lies less within cover being too low, and more the fact that the destructable terrain makes tank headshots the more possible factor.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                        why i need prone?! if you actually play bfbc you know the multiple times you die because you are crouched behind low cover, that its high but not high enough to cover your head, and before you know it you where BOOM headshoted by a sniper, or BOOOOOM headshoted by a tank shell.this happens to me everysingle time i play bfbc and i just think it is stupid, limitating you in a war simulation..
                        I cant say that is an issue for me. One of the nice things about the frostbite engine is the difference between concealment and cover. I don't have any difficulties finding either. I get killed plenty, but it is very rarely when I think I am behind cover, and even more rarely am I shot from the direction I am covering from.

IMHO prone encourages camping and ridiculous game mechanics like insta-prone and dolphin-diving.
                        You mention COD:BO, thats a camper-game if I ever saw one. How often have your killcam not shown someone staring down a 5 degree field of fire, insta-killing everyone who has to pass through that particular bottleneck?

Comment

I could say the same with people crouching behind something in BC2 and staring at a bottleneck, it's even worse in Vietnam.

Comment

well, in my opinion having, or not having prone is not going to solve camping

Comment

There's always going to be a boulder big enough for someone to crouch behind it!! Arg

Comment

@ The whole prone thing. If you balance it sensibly (I.e huge deviation penalty) then it becomes fairly useless in close combat and something like taking a knee is rewarded more.

Prone is not the 'source' of camping. It stems from maps that limit players movement so much that watching 1 door way is going to get you lots of kills as nobody can out-flank you. It also comes from having too many people in a small map.

Would I like prone in BC2? Not really as I am sure DICE would do a pretty bad job of implementing it thus why they removed it instead of trying to balance it in the first place.

Health regen is not such a bad thing IMO, but like others touched on it is only because there is no commo-rose that I can never get a medic to heal me. Most likely removed as it would be impossible to streamline on consoles?

Imo. BFC2 is a very good game in its own right. It is however, not a very good Battlefield game. Battlefield to me is the battlefield 'moments' that DICE devs talk about, when you see jets dog-fighting over-head, tanks engaging a epic battle around you and the infantry skirmishing. I just dont see these at all in BC2. Now if BC2 had proper combined arms and dropped down to basic destructible and went for bigger maps (Which it can do) then I would love the game, but as it is its mediocre.

Comment

Working...
                                X