• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can any one play without being a gernade whore

lead says it all

Re: can any one play without being a gernade whore

Can you stop whining?

Grenades are there for a reason, they are effective, and its safer to nade a guy instead of shooting him. Nade spam is effective and realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
      Can you stop whining?

Grenades are there for a reason, they are effective, and its safer to nade a guy instead of shooting him. Nade use is effective and realistic.
      Fixed.

Anyways, it's just been an easy way to rack up points, and that's why so many people do it. Play on some different maps (i.e. not Karkand/Jalalacrap) and it won't happen as much.

Comment

^^No actually spam is also realistic. AFAIK, when theres a possibility of enemy contacts in a fonfined area, the infantry squads are trained to lob a grenade in, EACH. And thats more than 10 nades coming in at once.

Comment

Not to sidetrack, but how does that make any sense?

If that's true, and each throw a grenade, what if there really wasn't an enemy presence? That's either a waste of ammunition or there's a possibility of harming civilians in the area.
          The "spam" he is referring to is a single individual lobbing 4+ grenades at a time into areas where he isn't even positive that there's an enemy - just for the sake of throwing them.

Comment

Originally posted by #Kodak View Post

If that's true, and each throw a grenade, what if there really wasn't an enemy presence? That's either a waste of ammunition or there's a possibility of harming civilians in the area.
            The "spam" he is referring to is a single individual lobbing 4+ grenades at a time into areas where he isn't even positive that there's an enemy - just for the sake of throwing them.
            Not in todays military...

Now its all, "All the civilians are dumb enough to try to keep living in a war zone, and its ALL our troops fault when a civilian accidentally gets in the way."

Comment

Originally posted by #Kodak View Post

Lol Americans drop 2000 lbs JDAMS on possible insurgent positions in Afganistan. Lifes cost more than grenades or bombs. If you throw a grenade each and theres noone there, no big deal, you have 3 more grenades you can use if needed. But if the enemy actually are there, and ambush your squad coz you didnt use your grenades, you will loose far more than just 10+ nades

Comment

The question is, do you lose any sleep over it? If you're complaining because the nade spam actually works against you, may I suggest you take a step back and evaluate your current tactics instead of asking others to play in your pre-defined manner?

Comment

No

Speaking of spam, in UT you would get replies something like this:

* join IRC channel #whine
                  * would you like some cheese with whine?
                  * go play tetris maybe

etc

If something is part of the game accept it, adjust your gameplay or change gametype/game

Comment

How come I don't have a problem with nade spam?

Comment

Can you stop whining?

Nade spam is effective and realistic.
                      The only time multiple grenades would be used on a target in real life is bunker/dug out/ trench clearing, where the enemy is in a confined space. In most war arenas today, certainly in Iraq, the general infantry wont be carry frags at all a lot of the time. This is the case for the British forces anyway.

As far as in game goes, frag spam is a bit of a game spoiler as it ruins a good firefight. Generally it certinly ISN'T realistic. The game already sufferers from shortage of good infantry engagement, as too many people are too keen to just go running into a fight, rambo style, all guns blazing.

It will be interesting to see how the Battlefield Series develops with Infantry battles a key focus area, as it was clearly an after thought for BF2.

Comment

I joined jalalabad a few days ago. It used to be a sniper war over the hills outside the city and people shooting each other inside the city. Now it is just 2 Napoleonic lines each side of a hill with ammo crates throwing grenades.

Boring much?

Doesn´t matter too me, because I play mods only. But its realistic? Huh? No, I don´t think 30 soldiers start throwing 1 grenade every 2 seconds at possible enemy....

Yes, into a building, hole etc. But not as a main engagement weapon and used like artillery.

Also, one guided JDAM is very different from 100 grenades. Otherwise, you would see soldiers running up to said Taliban position and nadespamming them?

Comment

If you don't like grenade whores, shoot them with the big pointy metal thing in the middle of your screen, it's a lot more effective at close range than frag.

I learned to adapt to other peoples play. I never attempt to cap flags when i know there are people around. I let my team mates do that whilst i scout the spawn points for those grenade whores. You get a lot more than the 4/2 points from capping flags and you rarely die since the defenders are focused on nading the flag.

If you are a medic, you can take trips into the flag, revive and then gtfo.

Comment

the trick is to throw your nades at the nade spammers before they can throw theirs then plug the survivors

Comment

Can you stop whining?

Nade spam is effective and realistic.

Mate how the hell is nade spam realistic?

Comment

Working...
                              X