• Show
Clear All

Re: can any one play without being a gernade whore

Oh, please stop this BF2 and realism

If it was real I would be hired by US Air Force immediately

Comment

I know what this guy means..

Yeah, how can chucking brown bags on the floor behind a wall and throwing grenades that appear in your hand realistic?? :laugh:

I think it would be good if servers could ban certain weapons, or just grenades, but enough of that fantasising because it's not going to happen :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by gypsyd01 View Post
        Mate how the hell is nade spam realistic?
        Already told ya

But ill agree than on 64player Karkand it gets pretty insane. But since i only play on Karkand with no more than 32 players i rarely see that amount of spam. The only spam i usually see, is squads or just groups of people nading flags or alleys when the UAV is up.

And that my friend is realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
          Oh, please stop this BF2 and realism

If it was real I would be hired by US Air Force immediately
          There's nothing quite like blowing one's own trumpet on an internet forum for letting everyone know exactly how skilled and cool you are,...

Comment

NO ONE 'nade spams in PR.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaz888 View Post
              NO ONE 'nade spams in PR.
              My squad does 2 nades each do wonders when attacking enemy flags. But unfortunately nades, in PR are a bit nerfed now. Hopefully they will be better in 0.8.

Long fuse + deviation when throwing unless you stand still + not so big kill radius + redused throw distance = crap.

Comment

Karkand 16 players, intense and almost nade free (except when you try to cap a flag, then they're everywhere)

Giving each class 4 nades is a bit overkill imo anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by Iquere « View Post
                  Giving each class 4 nades is a bit overkill imo anyhow
                  No, 4 nades is perfect. The problem comes from magic ammo bags and no "reload" time between throws.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
                    Already told ya

But ill agree than on 64player Karkand it gets pretty insane. But since i only play on Karkand with no more than 32 players i rarely see that amount of spam. The only spam i usually see, is squads or just groups of people nading flags or alleys when the UAV is up.

And that my friend is realistic.
                    What? come on fella nade spamming by a multitude of players is not realistic. There is nothing realistic about how nades are used in this game. I very much doubt you will see a platoon or section of soldiers running around chucking grenades willy nilly. I'm pretty sure they wont want to waist a weapon that really only has an effective killing radious of 5m and a wounding radious of 15m. Not to mention the fact that it's only as acurate as the person throwing it and his suroundings and situation.

Grenades are very effective for FIBUA (Fighting in built up areas) due too the compactness of the fighting area. Even then they are used only when clearing rooms or out of shear desperrasion. I suppose you think you can pull the pin out with your teeth as well?

Comment

Originally posted by gypsyd01
                      What? come on fella nade spamming by a multitude of players is not realistic. There is nothing realistic about how nades are used in this game. I very much doubt you will see a platoon or section of soldiers running around chucking grenades willy nilly. I'm pretty sure they wont want to waist a weapon that really only has an effective killing radious of 5m and a wounding radious of 15m. Not to mention the fact that it's only as acurate as the person throwing it and his suroundings and situation.

Grenades are very effective for FIBUA (Fighting in built up areas) due too the compactness of the fighting area. Even then they are used only when clearing rooms or out of shear desperrasion. I suppose you think you can pull the pin out with your teeth as well?
                      So nading flags and alleys before going in is not realistic..? Btw, about the kill radius, "effective kill radius" means that the enemy have about 80% chanse of dying when being 5m from a nade. If you are 30 meter from a grenade, you can still get killed by it, but thats not "normal". When an infantry squad is throwing grenades, theres plenty of grenades coming in in a pretty short periode of time, so any enemies in that area, unless behind solid cover will be either killed or out of the fight.

You know that grenades are reffered to as "pocket artillery"?

But no, 64 player Karkand style spamming is not realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
                        No, 4 nades is perfect. The problem comes from magic ammo bags and no "reload" time between throws.
                        Hence why 4 nades are overkill.

1 nade and some resupply time (like ammo hubs in 2142), now we're talking.

Comment

I love 64 player Karkand Actually if you are smart you can survive longer

Originally posted by boxman80
                          There's nothing quite like blowing one's own trumpet on an internet forum for letting everyone know exactly how skilled and cool you are,...
                          Huh?

Comment

Kiwi, he means you were "tooting your own horn" (boasting) about your skill as a pilot in BF2 (ahh, don't get me started with BF2 flight mechanics now, ).

Comment

Originally posted by Iquere « View Post
                              Hence why 4 nades are overkill.

1 nade and some resupply time (like ammo hubs in 2142), now we're talking.
                              1 nade is too little when your alone and dont have a support player near you.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                                So nading flags and alleys before going in is not realistic..? Btw, about the kill radius, "effective kill radius" means that the enemy have about 80% chanse of dying when being 5m from a nade. If you are 30 meter from a grenade, you can still get killed by it, but thats not "normal". When an infantry squad is throwing grenades, theres plenty of grenades coming in in a pretty short periode of time, so any enemies in that area, unless behind solid cover will be either killed or out of the fight.

You know that grenades are reffered to as "pocket artillery"?

But no, 64 player Karkand style spamming is not realistic.
                                Where are you getting your "realistic" tactics from fella? First, in the real world squaddies don't throw grenades to capture flags. Second, why would they throw grenades down an alley, certainly not too clear it. The military have other tactics for clearing alleys (british anyway).

As for your grenade stats, you've proven my point. If they only have an 80% chance of getting killed at 5m then this drastically decreases the further away you are. Hence a waist of grenades when throwing them in open areas.

Do yourself a favour and read up on military tactics. Having personaly been through FIBUA and having an avid interest in military history and tactics for the past 15 years it has certainly helped me in the past.

This is a game and although squads use basic military tactics that are directly taken from the real world, the rest of this game is just that......a game!

Comment

Working...
                                X